“Great NYC Hotel”

Hotel 48LEX New York
Ranked #66 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Great location, beautiful rooms and friendly staff. I've stayed at the Waldorf across the street and while this hotel does not give you quite the same level of 5 star service (remember it is rated at 4.5 stars) everything else about it makes it a nicer place to stay. My suite was modern and very comfortable with very nice views. But as for the service I mentioned, the house keeping could use the most improvement. It seemed like the rooms were tidied but never really cleaned. Other then that a great hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank WorldTraveller570
Rob G, General Manager at Hotel 48LEX New York, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Hello WorldTraveller570!

Thanks for the shout out! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your most recent stay here at Hyatt 48 Lex. In regards to the housekeeping department- I have sent your feedback to our Director of Housekeeping in order to help create a five star experience for our guests.

Thanks for taking the time to post, we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Rooms are good sized for new York and the staff friendly A new hotel so everything is clean and up to date. Health club is a bit small but a great little hotel for a business stay I would recommend a stay there and try to get one of the corner rooms

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank jonToronto
Rob G, General Manager at Hotel 48LEX New York, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Hello jonToronto,

Thanks for the shout out and recommendation!

Should your travels bring you back to NYC we would love to welcome you back as our guest!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I've been here for less than 24 hours now and I'm already regretting it.

3 issues so far:

1) We went out from 11am to 7pm during which time the room wasn't serviced. Offering to do this once we're back and using the room isn't helpful. It's a basic requirement of any hotel to offer clean and serviced rooms.

2) The in-room safe failed and had to be opened by an engineer. He was polite and courteous but it wasted an hour of our time and It turned out the 'safe' wasn't so safe after all as it hadn't been secured to anything when installed.

3) I sent an enquiry to the concierge on 2nd April. After 2 further prompts I received a response on 7th April, too late to be of any use.

The manager offered me Hyatt points as compensation - declined as too little too late.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Travel_Critic_10152
Rob G, General Manager at Hotel 48LEX New York, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Jonathan F,

I am glad that we were able to speak about your issues in person before you departed our hotel. Once again I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay as that is not a typical Hyatt 48 Lex experience.

You have my card so please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally should you wish to discuss matters further.

All my best,

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I work in NYC but live in CT, so when trying to find a place to stay in the city for a night, i try to to find a nice stay with good value. The Hyatt 48 Lex did not disappoint. Conveniently located near Grand Central, this boutique hotel offers service and amenities found in much more expensive properties. I felt that the level of service with that of 5-Star properties where I have stayed, including the JW Marriotts, Waldorf Astorias, Ritz Carltons, and Conrads. Upon arrival, I was greeted by Kelsey (?) at the 2 desk station in the reception area/ elevator bank. There isn't a sitting area on the ground level; it is located on the second level. As it was my first stay with them, Kelsey made a fine presentation of the amenities, services, and offerings of the property. They were offering wine at the reception area that night which was wonderful. I also hat the opportunity to work with another gentleman whose name escapes me. He was the utmost professional and was offering advice and directions to others while I was there.

The room was clean and well-appointed. Mini-bar with many offerings, robe for use, comfortable bed. floor to ceiling window. plenty of e-outlets. Again, a tremendous offering considering the price I had paid. decent size and well laid out.

in the morning - the second floor lounge provides a continental-style breakfast with juice, coffee, backed goods, and fruits. Just enough to get your day started. What was a pleasant surprise was that the coffee wasn't some pre brewed carafe or pot, it was a expresso machine that made expresso, latte, cappuccino, hot chocolate and a few more. Also the orange juice in the morning, my wife and I are pretty sure was freshly-squeezed! again to start your morning with a cappucino, fresh OJ, a bagel/muffin and fruit would be $15-$20 offering at a 5-star hotel. Not here - it was complimentary.

I would highly recommend this hotel for its convenient location, amenities, and of course the service. If I should find myself in need of a NYC hotel, it will likely be this one again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Greetings O M,

Thank you for the kind accolades! I am thrilled to hear your had a fantastic experience at Hyatt 48 Lex and enjoyed the amenities of the hotel, especially the second floor "Lexicon Lounge". I can't wait to share your wonderful comments with the team!

We hope to welcome you back as our guest again soon!

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Very attentive staff. Small boutique feel. Lexington Brass the restaurant is decent with nice wait staff. Carlos at the front desk makes you fell welcomed. Highly recommend this place. Location is near Grand Central and subways so hard to beat location.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Hello JMeehan207,

Thanks for the five star review! Our team works hard to ensure our guests have a memorable experience and I am happy to know you felt very welcomed at Hyatt 48 Lex.

Come see us again soon!

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

We liked the quiet location, gray service and cleanliness. Not fancy or elegant but good value.

Convenient to shopping and museums and great bagels.
Ex-New Yorker in search of great bagels. None in N. Calif.

• Stayed: June 2013
Rob G, General Manager at Hotel 48LEX New York, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Orlando1944,

I am happy to hear that you found your bagels :) Thank you for the excellent feedback!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We come to NYC a lot to see theatre. This property's location is fantastic. The room has incredible touches like a dishwasher and well-stocked mini-bar. The staff's terrific - very attentive. The gym downstairs is impeccably kept. The whole hotel's run like clockwork. Super clean. The restaurant is great for breakfast and lunch. Highly recommended. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Rob G, General Manager at Hotel 48LEX New York, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear rogerad,

Wow! Thank you for the shout out and five star review! Our team works hard to give our guests a memorable experience and I am glad to hear you would recommend us. I can't wait to share your kind comments with the team!

We hope to welcome you back again soon.