“Very modern property and great value for NYC”

Hotel 48LEX New York
Ranked #68 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
KY
“Very modern property and great value for NYC”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

There are many positives about this boutique hotel. The rooms were large, comfortable beds, small kitchenette, great espresso machine, friendly staff and good food. If I were to mention a negative, I'd say that my room smelled like moth balls. I suppose I got used to it, because I didn't notice after the first day.
I would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to a room with balcony.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Canada
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Nice hotel. Too bad about Hyatt's billing. I found a good online rate and called Hyatt. The agent heard the quote and agreed. When the receipt came out later, I didn't check it - she billed me at a much higher rate and that's what stands. Lesson learned: I need to supervise Hyatt like a child. After the trip I noticed that they billed me twice for the same night. Unprofessional.

1 Thank rjw420
Rob G, Manager at Hotel 48LEX New York, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear rjw420,

I do apologize for the inconvenience and wrong doing that you may have felt transpire during your stay. If you would like to discuss this further please reach out to me directly.

Kelsey P
Kelsey.pratt@hyatt48lex.com
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I have stayed at this super convenient hotel in mid town on several occasions in recent years, most recently in May 2014, and it never disappoints. Its boutique style suits me as I tend to fly in from the UK for two days of business at a time. The check in is always efficient, the rooms clean and spacious for NYC, the bathrooms good, clean and with good shower pressure. There is a great club lounge on the second floor with wifi and tea/coffee and a fantastic bistro on the ground floor (worth booking for the evenings), but which does a wonderful and reasonably priced breakfast too.

Long Island
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The hotel was very clean and modern. Nice lounge area on the second floor, which included included complimentary tea, coffee and some snack food. We were disappointed that the staff was not more familiar with the area. We asked for the names of a few local dance clubs but they didn't know of any. And in the morning we asked about a nice place for an organic breakfast and again they didn't know of any place. There are certainly better hotels in NYC in this price range.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LongIslandRozina
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My partner and I stayed here one night in May 2014. Good experience. Reservation was in my name and I had to call to add my partner's name since he was checking-in early; hotel had no problem getting this done and service on the phone was excellent. My partner's arrival process was excellent, as was my own. Front desk staff gave good recommendations for places to grab a late bite to eat/grab some dessert in the vicinity of the hotel.

Lobby is very small, but stylish. Was in a standard king room; it was spacious by New York standard and had a very comfortable bed and nice bathroom. A bit odd in a standard room to have the dishwasher, wine rack, etc., but no complaints.

Service was great. As a diamond member, I was given a certificate for use in the hotel's restaurant; it was nice that this could be used at anytime instead of just breakfast. Hotel also extended checkout even beyond the 4p benefit to accommodate a very late flight departure--much appreciated.

Overall a nice stay; would not hesitate to return! Great location, too--near subway and a good spot for exploring NY.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This hotel is very clean and has an amazing little bistro downstairs. We stay here every time we visit NYC and that is often. The amount of space that you get in your room is wonderful compared to lots of other NYC hotels. Also, you are right in the middle of everything, but you are walking distance to most places or VERY close to the subway system. We always tell our closest friends to stay here!

Room Tip: This noise level is low at this hotel, because you aren't right on top of Time Square.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York, USA
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was really expecting more from 48 Lex. Check in took a while. Book a standard room got upgraded to a suite. The suite was spacious but the room had a musty odor. The room was comfortable and I had a good night rest. Location was not bad, a few blocks from the subway.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Rob G, Manager at Hotel 48LEX New York, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear oceanbreezex3,

I do apologize for the odor in your room. I have passed on your review to our Director of Housekeeping to ensure other guests do not have this experience.

If you would like to discuss your stay further please contact me directly.

All the best,