Hotel 48LEX New York
Royalton Park Avenue(New York City)
US$364
US$265
Official Site
  • Pool
US$282
US$235
  • Bar/Lounge
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$267
US$231
  • Restaurant
The Westin New York at Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$335
US$274
  • Pool
US$232
US$171
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Hyatt Centric Times Square New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$375
Hyatt.com
US$449
US$391
  • Room Service
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$207
  • Bar/Lounge
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$297
US$247
  • Bar/Lounge
Warwick New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$260
US$215
Travelocity
1,635 results
All reviewssecond floor loungecorner suitenew yorkwine and cheese hourfloor to ceiling windowsboutique hotellarge showergrand hyattcoffee machinemini bargrand central stationlounge areabeautiful roomsmall hotelmidtown manhattanstreet noisedefinitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My wife and I stayed in this hotel from the 12th to the 16th May. The hotel looks immaculate from the outside and we were not disappointed when we went inside. We arrived a few hours earlier than the check in time due to the flight times and were checked in no problem by the staff. We had been told that the rooms in New York were tiny. This was not the case, we were in room 901 and this was very spacious with a large bed, a large bathroom, TV and a mini bar. There was also a large wardrobe with an iron. The free pastry, muffins and coffee in the morning were fantastic and stocked up regularly. Free wi-fi was provided by the reception team and extended to the rooms and eating areas. The location is excellent. 10 minutes from Broadway, the same to central park and only a few minutes from the shopping areas of 5th Avenue. The room maids were also great, the room was left clean and tidy every day. All in all this was a fantastic hotel and would happily return. Thank you for a great experience.

Room Tip: Room 901 is close to the elevators so less walking along corridors. We couldnt hear the elevators operating which was great.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I have just returned from a long weekend in New York City, having stayed at Hyatt 48 Lex for 4 nights (we were only booked for 3 but our flight home was cancelled and we had to extend our stay - a process which the staff at Hyatt 48 Lex made a breeze).

I can't really fault this hotel - great location in Midtown East, within easy walking distance of a selection of Metro stations, the Rockefeller Centre, Times Square and Grand Central Station, excellent customer service, very good room size (which is not that common, from what I've experienced on two previous visits to NYC), rooms immaculately clean and very well equipped (iron, ironing board, small dishwasher(!), microwave, etc).

We also had a great view of Lexington Avenue from our room on the 18th floor. Other pros include complimentary tea and coffee 24 hours a day in the second floor lounge, and very large restrooms on the lounge floor as well, which is great if you are flying a significant amount of time after check out and want to freshen up and change before your flight. Additional nice touches which are offered in the lounge but which we didn't take advantage of are complimentary pastries from 7 - 10am and cheese and wine from 5.30pm.

My only criticism, which is not unique to Hyatt 48 Lex, is that free wifi is not standard. We managed to get this for the duration of our stay by joining the Hyatt Gold Passport Program (don't know much about this - really just joined because it meant free wifi!), but that would be my only suggestion for improvement.

Thank you to the staff and management at Hyatt 48 Lex for making our stay so pleasant, particularly with the drama surrounding our cancelled flight!

PS. A bit random, but we loved the fresh, clean smell of the hotel on entering, which you can smell as soon as you turn onto 48th St from Lexington Avenue - very refreshing and welcoming after a long, hot day touring around the city.

Room Tip: We had Room 1803, which was a great size, had a fantastic view, and was very well equipped.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Rob G, General Manager at Hotel 48LEX New York, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Zara C,

Wow! Thank you for the wonderful review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel and all of our amenities.

We hope to welcome you back as our guest soon!

Thanks,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Enjoyable stay. Nice hotel with modern rooms.

At check in, desk attendants were more than happy to work with us about rooms, floors, etc. went with their suggestion, and it was great.

Only downside to stay was concierge. She was located in lounge on second floor and seemed disengaged. Had to query her several times before response. Ended up making restaurant reservations on our own.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Bill L,

I am disappointed to hear you weren't satisfied with our concierge. This is not a common practice with our team and for that I am truly apologetic.

I am glad to hear you had wonderful interactions with our team!

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

All the best,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Being a regular guest of Hyatt hotels and a Hyatt Platinum Elite member, the Hyatt 48Lex is more reminiscent of Hyatt’s Andaz chain than a typical Hyatt, Hyatt Regency or Grand Hyatt hotel. For me, this isn’t a bad thing. In fact, I think this is one of the advantages of staying at the 48Lex (besides its great location).

Check-in is quick in the small, ground floor lobby. The lobby is also very “Andaz” like and I was informed that they will be switching to iPads (just like all the Andaz properties), for guest check-in/check-out shortly. All the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful.

On the second floor there’s a nice, casual lounge where you can order drinks, snacks, sandwiches and complimentary continental breakfast and late afternoon snacks. They also have a great cappuccino machine that’s available 24 hrs. a day at no charge.

If you’re looking for a full service restaurant, the Lexington Brass restaurant is located on the ground floor in the front of the hotel. It has a full bar and is open late. It’s also where you have breakfast if it’s included as part of your rate. Good food and service, nice atmosphere and creative dishes.

The rooms (also very Andaz like), are modern and very comfortable. While on the smaller side, there was more than enough room for 2 people without ever feeling cramped.

One of the hotels best features is its location and proximity to everything in mid-town Manhattan. It’s a short walk to Radio City, Rockefeller Center, Times Square, 5th Ave. shopping, Central Park, Grand Central Station and dozens of some of the best restaurants in NYC. You couldn’t ask for a better location. And since the room rates seem to be consistently lower than that of other Hyatt’s in NYC, I will certainly be coming back to the Hyatt 48Lex on my future trips to NYC.

Room Tip: Upper floors are quieter than those lower and closer to street traffic
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HeyMan76

Dear HeyMan76,

We appreciate the awesome feedback and five star review! I can't wait to celebrate your kind remarks with the hotel team!

Thanks,

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I was met on the sidewalk by friendly staff who brought in my bags, checked me in and escorted me to the second floor club room while I waited for my room. The rooms are large, great windows floor to ceiling providing sun light and marvelous view of street life below. Very quiet for being in heart of NYC. Exceptional security with room key required to go from lobby to any of the floors above.
Rooms have great bar stocked with wine and liqueur. Lots of electrical outlets, great bed and pillows. Would have liked better water pressure in shower, but not bad.
Service throughout was professional friendly and helpful. Will be putting this on my go-to list of NYC hotels.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Rob G, General Manager at Hotel 48LEX New York, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Soonkeum,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback on your most recent stay at Hyatt 48 Lex. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your room and all of the amenities. You should make sure to check out our lounge on the second floor on your next visit!

Kind regards,