“Very inviting”

Hotel 48LEX New York
Ranked #63 of 470 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My husband and I recently stayed here when visiting New York. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and roomy. It was located close to many attractions and restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Rob G, General Manager at Hotel 48LEX New York, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for the five star review and wonderful comments, Monica J! I can't wait to share them with our team!

Thanks,

Rob

Write a ReviewReviews (1,545)

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I have reviewed this property before but one again wanted to give them 5 stars for remaining to be the only hotel to consider in New York City! Their perfect location, the restaurant Lexington Brass and their incredible staff, Carlos, Jose, Tommy and Tandon Nihaal! I know I'm forgetting some but every one there exceed the most discerning travelers expectations! Simply the best!! Looking forward to my next visit!

Stayed: July 2014
Rob G, General Manager at Hotel 48LEX New York, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Wow! What a wonderful review, Duane T! Thank you for the wonderful accolades about Hyatt 48 Lex and our team. I could not be more proud. As always your loyalty to Hyatt is of the up most importance and we can't wait until your next visit!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights and was expecting a standard flagged Hyatt hotel - but was quite pleasantly surprised! This hotel acts and looks like a boutique-hotel brand. There is a compact lobby on the ground floor, but a relaxing and well designed lounge on the second floor. I stayed on the 9th floor and there were only six rooms on this floor. The room is good sized and has a wet bar. The bed is comfortable. Service in the hotel was friendly and helpful, especially with Christopher in the front desk. Location in midtown is quite convenient, though beside many other hotels that packed the sidewalks with tourists. The only minor quirks include a charge for use of the wifi (but they ended up including it) and they could do with better quality towels.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Anonymous8,

I am beyond thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations. Thank you very much for the kind and detailed review and for the shout out to our team!

Thanks again,

Reviewed 22 July 2014

When everything in your visit goes well, you notice the small things, like room to move around, a Nespresso machine in the room, quiet walls despite people talking in the hall.

I didn't really want to stay over on Lexington, but a walk in NYC is always fun, so I didn't end up minding the stroll.

Yes, the lobby is odd -- not sure if they are trying to be hip or just squeezed for space, but it served its purpose, so...

Room Tip: Like all rooms in NYC -- ask for a room on upper floor. Mine was on 5th floor but still worked out...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Rob G, General Manager at Hotel 48LEX New York, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear a11424,

Thank you for a wonderful review/shout out! I could not agree more that it is the "small things" that leave a lasting impression. I appreciate your kind comments and can't wait to share them with the team!

Thanks again,

Reviewed 21 July 2014

This hotel is beautifully decorated, with a wonderful location. The staff is very courteous, and helpful. The issues we had was the lack of a shower curtain, then the shower curtain would not stay up, next was the air conditioner. I seemed to be very fickle on cooling. The last is the elevators. Two very slow elevators for a 25 story building? Other than those things, the wifi is very strong, and the staff works hard to make you happy. Good place.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Rob G, General Manager at Hotel 48LEX New York, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear ucfbeerknight,

I would like to sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay here at Hyatt 48 Lex. I have made the appropriate departments aware of the shower curtain and air conditioning issues. Thank you for bringing them to our attention and for your patience as we continue to improve our hotel and services.

Please feel free to reach out to us should your travels ever bring you back to NYC.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We had our vacation in New York for 8 days and were very happy to stay in the Hyatt 48 Lex. This hotel is clean and our request for a room on a high floor was accepted which we were very happy about.

The lounge is nice too!

Room Tip: Recommend a high floor for a nice view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

I'm so glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay here at Hyatt 48 Lex, RochelleLa! I can't wait to share your kind comments to the team.

Thanks,

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Love this Hyatt...i really do.

The rooms are wonderful, roomy, contemporary, impeccably clean, and comfortable. The service is stellar, as the staff seems genuinely warm and inviting.

The dining room (which i think is 'third party' managed/vs. 'Hyatt') is great. I have loved my breakfasts there, and evening drinks.

Everything about this hotel is wonderful.....until you try to get to your room. The twin elevators are simply not sufficient to transport guests from the lobby to their rooms during busy times. To further compound things, there are NO service elevators, so the elevators are frequently filled with linen carts, beds and luggage carts. Crazy.

There are no bathrooms on the first floor, so all restaurant guests further tie up the elevators needing to go down one level. This happened so many times during my brief stay. You would think there would at least be a stairwell to use for this ... but there is not.

I understand this is probably a NYC permit issue, but nonetheless...in my humble opinion, the hotel is overbuilt for the elevator access it provides.

I really have waited, and waited....and waited. I waited far too long during my stay, far too many times.

But otherwise, its a WONDERFUL hotel.

Not sure whether i would stay again....as i think Hyatt Andaz on 41st or the Intercontinental on 44th would be my preference.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear JamesE339,

I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with the elevators. I can assure you this is not a common experience and for that I am truly apologetic.

I am glad you enjoyed our guest room and all of the amenities of the hotel!

We hope to welcome you back again as our guest should your travels bring you back to NYC.