“Terrific!”

Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Upper East Side
Description: From the creator of Blossom and Café Blossom, comes V-Note, an organic wine bar and vegan bistro set in an elegant, relaxed and inviting space on Manhattan’s Upper East Side. V-Note carries a vast selection of wine and beers, all of which are vegan, organic and/or bio-dynamic and in some cases even kosher, to accompany our completely vegan menu dedicated to fresh gourmet cuisine that is animal-caring. V-Note offers a rare opportunity for vegans and non-vegans alike to enjoy a great, satisfying meal paired with a carefully selected wine and/or beer. A kitchen that is open later fills a much needed niche for vegan restaurants in New York.
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I follow a vegetarian/gluten-free diet and V-Note had a great selection that suited my needs. I ordered the food for delivery to my hotel (Hotel Wales). I ordered the zucchini papardelle and the chocolate ganache cake. It was terrific! The portions were huge and oh so tasty! A must for veg-heads and carnivores alike!

1  Thank BLoH2O

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

V-Note offers an exceptional vegan menu in a one room storefront on the upper west side. The ambiance is presentable with a faux wood plank ceiling and several banquettes with throw pillows that were surprisingly comfortable. I honestly would have preferred a proper table with comfortable chairs. Wait staff are friendly, knowledgeable and attentive which really enhanced the experience. We began the meal with delicious dumpling appetizers and dipping sauce. The mock veal cordon bleu was really great. Crispy seitan fillets stuffed with creamy nut cheese. The mock veal picatta was delicious served in a mushroom sauce on a noodle pancake. You have to save room for the chocolate peanut butter dessert with vegan ice cream. Spectacular!

Reviewed 1 August 2014

To be honest I'm a meat person, but my friend suggested "her" neighbourhood vegan restaurant and she has always suggested good restaurants. And this one was no different. The interior is very modern and light. The menu is quite varied and the vine list (by the glass) quite impressing. The portions are rather big so next time I'd probably go for two appetizers. We both had the tempeh with avocado tartare and corn salad. It was yummie. The service is quite but attentive. And then my friend got me an advanced surprise birthday sweet. It was a very rich chocolate/peanut butter (I usually don't like peanut butter and too sweet stuff), but this was soooo delicious and just perfect to share. I assume they have it on their desert menu, did not get to check that out. By the way they have a lovely and open space bar where you can also eat, in case you travel on your own.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Delicious, thoughtful menu with so many choices that it took me 15 minutes to make up my mind. We started with the Roasted Pumpkin & Sweet Potato Gnocchi (golden beets!). I had the Beet Ravioli (more beets!), and the horseradish sauce stole the show - it's so wonderful I wanted to lick the plate. My wife had the Mushroom Risotto, which she loved. Atmosphere is very comfortable, and service was pleasant and efficient. We'd eat here all the time if it was 700 miles closer to home!

1  Thank Gorwell
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My colleague and I met up some of her friends at V-Note. I knew it had a vegan menu but did not know that they were completely vegan. So being a meat eater, I was bit apprehensive but I must say I was impressed. A number of the items in the menu are named after regular foods and as much as they are vegetarian they are quite similar in taste to the non-vegetarian food. A bonus for me was that there was a gluten free menu with quite a variety and quite tasty. Well done V-Note.