“Just fantastic coffee”

Stumptown Coffee Roasters
Ranked #11 of 676 Coffee & Tea in New York City
Reviewed 8 June 2014

When I stumbled upon Stumptown while visiting NYC with my wife, I recognized the name as being one of the recommended coffee shops in the city. We went in for some coffee, and there's a reason its recommended - the coffee was excellent, plus its a cool little shop.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Ask any Australian living in NYC what they miss most about home and there is a fair chance their answer will be Coffee! Real, good quality coffee, not the filter kind that Americans favour.
Stumptown was my salvation! Fantastic coffee, great service and a very cool place.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Probably my favorite coffee place ever. I work five blocks away so it's not exactly a trek but it's long enough that some days it's a little too far and (the also very good) Gregory's is the coffee place of choice.

The first time I went in a couple of years ago I had this incredible feeling of it just being a perfect place. It's part of the great Breslin/John Dory/#7 Sub "complex" in the Ace Hotel, and lives up to that standard. They evoke the early 20th century, though the overall feeling is very hipster. The customers aren't wearing fedoras and ink, but all of the employees are.

The coffee is amazing. It's actually sweet on it's own and requires no additives. Don't even think about sugar. Do keep in mind it's cash only.

Every time I leave Stumptown I find myself strolling back to work instead of rushing. It just has that effect. Oh and one day I'm just going to bring my computer in and work in the Ace lobby. Some day...

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

One of the best cappuccino's I've ever had and i've been to Italy several times. Employees are very friendly as well. Beware, no credit cards accepted. Cash only.

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

This review is for the West 9th location.

Great coffee. Good sized cafe. Seemed to be a lot of people settled in for the long term though on their laptops. I'm sure a big issue for all cafes across nyc. Fortunately had it to go. There selection of sweets from Momofuku milk bar was a nice surprise. Must try!

1  Thank anhemp