3,993 results
All reviews chelsea market meatpacking district bodega negra electric room dream team rooftop club the meat packing district new york trendy hotel fun hotel the high line lobby bar guest services amazing hotel view of the empire state building king room rooms are small
Reviewed 3 December 2012

My husband and I stayed here for two nights to get away from our kids and have some fun in a city we love. We lived in NYC for over 10 years and were back to visit friends so we know how fun and loud the city can be. We were excited to stay at the DREAM being that it was a newer hotel in the Meatpacking (we usually stay at the Standard) but we wanted to try out a new place. What a mistake...We checked in and asked for a high floor away from the elevator so it would be more quiet and we got exactly that. The room is very modern and well decorated and the bed is amazingly comfortable. We went out that night and got back to our room about 1AM ready to turn in for the night. Well that was a joke because our room was right below the club so we could not get any sleep at all since the music was basically being played in our room. I tired the white noise machine and the ear plugs they provide (that should have been a clue) but nothing worked. I tried to call the front desk several times but no one answered so we decided to suck it up and try to sleep, but as soon as the club shut down at 4AM the party kept going in the rooms on the floor. I finally got through to the front desk at 5AM and they sent up security and promised to switch our room tomorrow. I thought finally I was going to get some sleep, but the clean up of the club started and all we heard were loud footsteps and furniture being moved overhead. We finally fell asleep at 7am and slept for a few hours, but it totally ruined our day. The fact that they would even check someone into that room without warning them is despicable. I stay in hotels at least once a week for work and I have never had a worse experience. The management was extremely nice and very sorry for the inconvenience. They did move us into the "quiet tower" the next night but there is no excuse for the previous night. We were very pleased with the room we had in the "quiet tower" until 1AM again when the 6 girls sharing a room next to us decided to go in and out until 4am. The walls are paper thin the doors slam every two minutes. You can hear everything in this hotel. The only people who will like this hotel is if you plan to party all night long and not sleep at all which is totally fine, but those are not ALL the people staying there. If you want to get any sleep at all DO NOT STAY HERE. It was by far the worst hotel experience I have ever had in my life and I have stayed everywhere from The Four Seasons to a Days INN.

4  Thank Angela Z
Axel F, Assistant General Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2012

Dear Angela Z,

It looks like you felt we deserved a double whammy after Vincent Z already posted a punishing review regarding the same reservation a few days prior. I hope to hear form either one of you and will appreciate the opportunity to discuss your stay.

Best regards

AXEL

Reviewed 30 November 2012

Dream Downtown met all my expectations, it was fun and cool all the way through my stay. Eccellent staff and helpful, quick room service and all questions answered, not to forget the complimentary champagne. But this is the hotel to visit when you are in the "hip and cool mood" and looking for some fun and partylike environment.

Reviewed 28 November 2012

From the moment we walked in we couldn't get over the décor of the hotel. The modern, luxurious, dimly lit lobby was stunning and accompanied by kind, friendly, very attentive staff. We were in town for a birthday and the Dream made it special by providing complimentary cupcakes and a hand written birthday card.
The rooms were spacious and very clean. It helped greatly that the hotel is only a year old.
In the evenings there was a DJ in the lobby which greatly contributed to setting the mood for a fun night out in the city.
Every staff member from the housekeeping department to the management was respectful and provided each guest with first class service.
I look forward to visiting the Dream on my next visit to NYC!
p.s. the beds are sooo comfortable!!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 November 2012

Its a very cool hotel in a very cool location in New York City. The lobby transforms into a lounge in the evening and the roof top bar as amazing views of the Manhattan skyline. The rooms are small, but not surprising for New York. The metro station is a block away and a lot of good restaurants and bars a within minutes walk including Chelsea Food Market. Very friendly staff in a very busy hotel.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 27 November 2012

From the start to the end this hotel experience has been great. We stayed on the 4th floor. Rooms are nice with cool design. We found the rooms quiet. Great location. Good party sceen. No probems getting up to the disco for free after 9:30. I traveled with my boyfriend. Nice staff that always where helpfull and friendly. I would love to come back again!!!

Room tip: Try get a room on the lower floors. We traveled with expedia.de from europe ang got a huge discount on the room. Great deal!!