“Hot Spot in Meatpacking District”
Review of Dream Downtown

Dream Downtown
Ranked #133 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My girlfriends and I went to Dream Downtown for a mini Bachelorette. Days before we arrived, I recv'd an email from DelloBovi (Regional Director, Sales & Marketing), offering his services. At that moment, I knew this was going to be a great experience. We arrived Friday and had no issues checking in. The front desk girl was sweet and accommodating. The rooms were fabulous. Very modern and clean. Rob had many suggestions to keep our days busy and the best part about it was that everything was at this hotel. Lobby bar, Rooftop lounge (PHD), the pool was small and intimate.. it was perfect. Many young adults at this hotel, which was refreshing to be around. The pool staff are amazing, the concierge was so helpful arranging taxis' to the airport, and the bar staff always smiling. We were a short walk from SoHo, and maybe a 20 minute walk from Time Square. Go to the Dream Downtown if you want a memorable time...you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank silva220
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for your candid review on Dream Downtown, the feedback is greatly appreciated. I am very happy to hear that you and your girlfriends had such a great time at the property. It is always great to hear nice comments about the staff, they work very hard to exceed guest expectations. I truly believe that it is our staff that separates us from many of the other luxury lifestyle hotels in NYC. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Ayo Akinsete

Write a ReviewReviews (3,636)

Not so dreamy

I stayed at the hotel last week and I would not recommend it. The biggest issue is that they can not figure out whether they want to be a night club or a hotel. There appears to be no service elevator which means that the elevators to access the rooms are an ordeal all day long as they are packed with nightclub related items either going up for the next night or cleaning from the night before. You need to plan your trip to your room with time to spare. And then, at night, you really come to understand that this place is more night club than hotel. If that is what you are looking for in a hotel, maybe this is your place.
And last, the front desk clerk was exceedingly unhelpful in getting a slightly late check-out -- it will cost you $99 for a minor deviation... Not very customer oriented attitude.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank eo959
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for your review on Dream Downtown, the feedback is greatly appreciated. Though the nature of your feedback pains me, we will use this information to grow and improve our property. Dream definitely does have two distinct sides to it, during the week the hotel caters to many corporate and business travelers. The weekend attracts many leisure travelers that come to enjoy our plethora of amenities offered. With that being said we are a hotel first and our guests are our top priority. Dream has two towers one of them being further away from our venues. The smaller of the towers have our premium rooms all offering stand in Juliet balconies, which is perfect for guests that do not want to take part in the festivities offered at Dream. I truly believe that if given a second chance we would be able to change your opinion on the hotel. I would love to welcome you back for another go at Dream, please feel free to reach out to me directly for future reservations so that I can see to your arrangements personally.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have been going to NYC a few times a year since I was kid and The Dream Downtown is by far the best hotel in NYC! The service was unbelievably fast. The staff was awesome. The platinum suite was amazing! I was afraid that it would be too small and it was perfect! The atmosphere was artistic and intrguing. No need to ever leave. Food was great and the whole hotel is one big party at night! Booked my next trip there the day i got home!

Room Tip: Request a room/suite that opens up to pool... Really cool!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for your review on Dream Downtown, the feedback is greatly appreciated. Dream really is a one stop shop, we have something for everyone. I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy all of our amazing amenities. More importantly is that you felt a warm welcome from all of the staff, they work very hard to always exceed guest expectations. I am happy to hear that you have already booked your next trip. We will see you soon

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Best location in meatpacking district near the high line and tons of great shopping. Social areas of hotel (pool, PhD, the lobby lounge) are all very well-decorated and have a very cool vibe. The cheapest room is really, really small, but other than that it was a lovely stay! Definitely will stay again!

Room Tip: Rooms facing W. 17th street get sun shining through in the morning very early. The smallest room the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dream Downtown is certainly located in the heart of NYC primetime Meatpacking District. I am very pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy the hotels great amenities and also the amazing offerings in the Meatpacking district. I look forward to welcoming you back to Dream in the near future.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Dream hotel is a great place. Great rooms in an amazing location. It is a VERY active hotel. Lots of restaurants and clubs on premise, so if you don't like young sexy people, then this place is not for you.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thanks for the kind words on Dream Downtown, the feedback is much appreciated. I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy all of the amazing amenities that the hotel offers. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

18 months ago i was in this hotel and my experience was not good,mi even wrote a bad review. I came back cause i wanted to go to the disco, and when i was checking in they actually had a note in the system to give me an upgrade because of the bad experience i had the previous time, that is what i call customer service. Rooms are super comfortable, food at restaurants are great, bar and disco are the best, i will come back.

Room Tip: View to the empire state.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank MarylinB
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for your review on Dream Downtown, the feedback is greatly appreciated. I will be the first to admit we are not perfect, however when things do go wrong we will try our hardest to correct the previous issue. I am glad that you gave us a second chance and that you enjoyed your stay the second time around. I hope to welcome you to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is the best hotel in NYC. The staff is attentive, the food is amazing and THE BEACH is the best part of the whole experience. Comfortable lounge chairs, great music, food delivered to your seat. It's perfect in every way!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

The fact that you feel that Dream Downtown is the best hotel in NYC brings me great joy, as the city is jam packed with great hotels. Many locals use Dream for a staycation, so we often have different activities taken place at the hotel to cater to the locals. I hope to welcome you back to Dream in the near future