“Designer hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dream Downtown
Ranked #95 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“Designer hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

We requested a quiet room since I read that it could be a bit noisy and we really got a quite room. An the rooms are so nice and clean and wonderful. It's also a great standard overall. We had good breakfast at Melvins juice box by the entrance also. The one thing that was bad is the too soft beds. But great location and would stay here again!

Room Tip: If you like it quite ask for a quiet room, we got our on the 4th floor facing the pool area and it w...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Thank you for the review on Dream Downtown, the feedback is much appreciated. I am pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy you time while on property. In regards to the soft beds, we are able to remove the feather mattress to make the bed firmer. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Ayo Akinsete

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (820)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I had the good fortune to be whisked away to the Dream Downtown hotel for my birthday and the hotel was brilliant from start to finish. It's Chelsea location on the doorstep to Meatpacking and Greenwich mean you are moments from great nightlife and the buzz of New York. That said the hotel itself offers more than enough of a night out whether in the rooftop bar, basement club or lobby late at night!

Helpful concierge, nice rooms and a rock and roll vibe throughout the hotel made it the perfect stay and I haven't even mentioned the outdoor pool!
Highly recommended for anyone looking to have a good party in New York, young, old, with the partner or friends.

We shall be returning!

Room Tip: Ask for a pool facing room if you plan to go for a swim.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Happy belated birthday, I am happy that you were able to enjoy it at Dream Downtown. We are very proud of our luxury lifestyle hotel located in the heart of the meatpacking district, so it brings me great joy to know that you had such a great time at the property. You are right there are enough offerings at the hotel for a wide range of people, so that you do not even need to leave Dream. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed at the Dream for a few nights last week for business. My first impression of the hotel was the incredibly attentive staff - everyone was very helpful and gave me a warm welcome. I even chatted with a gentleman who was stationed as a greeter in the evening to direct guests to the multiple events that were taking place. Thought it was a great personal touch! I spent some time at the lobby bar, which has a great atmosphere and excellent drinks even though the bartender is a little pretentious.

The room was small, but nicely appointed and the bed was comfortable. The only 2 downsides: First there is no Kurig in the room and the coffee from room service / Juice Bar is terribly weak. Secondly there are hard floors in the rooms, but no slippers are provided. So if you don't mind bad coffee and cold feet, I'd completely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Bring a pair of socks or slippers to keep your feet warm on the cold floors!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Thank you for your review on Dream Downtown, the feedback is greatly appreciated. I am pleased to hear that the staff was very attentive and that you felt a warm welcome from them. Please accept my apologies for not being provided with slippers, this is in fact something that is provided at the hotel. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

My girlfriends and I went to Dream Downtown for a mini Bachelorette. Days before we arrived, I recv'd an email from DelloBovi (Regional Director, Sales & Marketing), offering his services. At that moment, I knew this was going to be a great experience. We arrived Friday and had no issues checking in. The front desk girl was sweet and accommodating. The rooms were fabulous. Very modern and clean. Rob had many suggestions to keep our days busy and the best part about it was that everything was at this hotel. Lobby bar, Rooftop lounge (PHD), the pool was small and intimate.. it was perfect. Many young adults at this hotel, which was refreshing to be around. The pool staff are amazing, the concierge was so helpful arranging taxis' to the airport, and the bar staff always smiling. We were a short walk from SoHo, and maybe a 20 minute walk from Time Square. Go to the Dream Downtown if you want a memorable time...you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank silva220
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for your candid review on Dream Downtown, the feedback is greatly appreciated. I am very happy to hear that you and your girlfriends had such a great time at the property. It is always great to hear nice comments about the staff, they work very hard to exceed guest expectations. I truly believe that it is our staff that separates us from many of the other luxury lifestyle hotels in NYC. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Paris
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Not so dreamy

I stayed at the hotel last week and I would not recommend it. The biggest issue is that they can not figure out whether they want to be a night club or a hotel. There appears to be no service elevator which means that the elevators to access the rooms are an ordeal all day long as they are packed with nightclub related items either going up for the next night or cleaning from the night before. You need to plan your trip to your room with time to spare. And then, at night, you really come to understand that this place is more night club than hotel. If that is what you are looking for in a hotel, maybe this is your place.
And last, the front desk clerk was exceedingly unhelpful in getting a slightly late check-out -- it will cost you $99 for a minor deviation... Not very customer oriented attitude.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank E O
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for your review on Dream Downtown, the feedback is greatly appreciated. Though the nature of your feedback pains me, we will use this information to grow and improve our property. Dream definitely does have two distinct sides to it, during the week the hotel caters to many corporate and business travelers. The weekend attracts many leisure travelers that come to enjoy our plethora of amenities offered. With that being said we are a hotel first and our guests are our top priority. Dream has two towers one of them being further away from our venues. The smaller of the towers have our premium rooms all offering stand in Juliet balconies, which is perfect for guests that do not want to take part in the festivities offered at Dream. I truly believe that if given a second chance we would be able to change your opinion on the hotel. I would love to welcome you back for another go at Dream, please feel free to reach out to me directly for future reservations so that I can see to your arrangements personally.

Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have been going to NYC a few times a year since I was kid and The Dream Downtown is by far the best hotel in NYC! The service was unbelievably fast. The staff was awesome. The platinum suite was amazing! I was afraid that it would be too small and it was perfect! The atmosphere was artistic and intrguing. No need to ever leave. Food was great and the whole hotel is one big party at night! Booked my next trip there the day i got home!

Room Tip: Request a room/suite that opens up to pool... Really cool!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for your review on Dream Downtown, the feedback is greatly appreciated. Dream really is a one stop shop, we have something for everyone. I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy all of our amazing amenities. More importantly is that you felt a warm welcome from all of the staff, they work very hard to always exceed guest expectations. I am happy to hear that you have already booked your next trip. We will see you soon

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Best location in meatpacking district near the high line and tons of great shopping. Social areas of hotel (pool, PhD, the lobby lounge) are all very well-decorated and have a very cool vibe. The cheapest room is really, really small, but other than that it was a lovely stay! Definitely will stay again!

Room Tip: Rooms facing W. 17th street get sun shining through in the morning very early. The smallest room the...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dream Downtown is certainly located in the heart of NYC primetime Meatpacking District. I am very pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy the hotels great amenities and also the amazing offerings in the Meatpacking district. I look forward to welcoming you back to Dream in the near future.