“Friendly Staff, Great Rooms, Beautiful Lobby, Nice Pool” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dream Downtown

Dream Downtown
Ranked #96 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Los Angeles, California
“Friendly Staff, Great Rooms, Beautiful Lobby, Nice Pool”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Loved the hotel! Nothing but great things to say about this place. I fly to NY from Los Angeles quite a bit and looking forward to having a great place to stay from now on. Can't wait for the next one!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ira M
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
I am glad that you enjoyed your time at Dream Downtown. It’s great to hear that Dream will now be your hotel choice for NYC. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Ayo Akinsete

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (821)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Westchester, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Is the Meatpacking District not the best neighborhood in the city... cobblestone streets, boutique shops, mongers concentrating on one or two perfect offerings, nightlife, day life, energy! From all there is to chose from (and we've tried all of them), my wife and I love Dream Downtown.

We stayed over July 4 wkd, let the festivities begin! The employees seem legitimately happy and outgoing, so that helps. But, the service level in general is really a few notches above the competition. This must come from the top because there's a real sense on behalf of the employees that if they can help they will. It makes a big difference. As an example, we asked an employee when the lobby bar was opening. Instead of being told it wasn't open yet, he asked whether we were looking for a drink and then he proceeded to go out of his way to find us a mimosa. That's service and that's why we'll be back again soon. Love Dream!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rufus100
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
The meatpacking district certainly is one of the best areas in NYC and luckily for Dream we are located right in the heart of the excitement. I am happy to hear that you and your wife enjoyed America’s birthday with us at Dream. In regards to the staff I can honestly say that they genuinely care for all of our guests and work extremely hard to exceed their expectations. I hope to welcome you back to Dream in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I came here with my best friend for a few days and spent most of my time at the pool. The atmosphere was amazing and the service was impeccable. I want to shoutout one staff member in particular who made this trip amazing. The lifeguard, jason klee, made sure I was always taken care of and made me feel like a celebrity. He did this nonstop for all my time and greeted me with a smile and amazing cucumber water everyday. I will defiantly be coming back because of him. Thanks Dream!!

• Stayed July 2014
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for the review on Dream Downtown, the feedback is greatly appreciated. I am happy to know that you had such a great time at the pool. Thanks for the kind words about Jason I will be sure to share the feedback with him. I look forward to welcoming you back to Dream in the near future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stupendous, trendy, dynamic gem of a hotel. great staff, always smiling and more than "new york" friendly!! just go go go and enjoy the nicest part of town with lots of other dynamic, gracious, young people!!!
ABFAB!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
It’s great to hear that you had such a great time at Dream Downtown and that you felt such a warm welcome. I look forward to welcoming you back to dream in the near future.

Salem, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

We chose this hotel based on its amenities (amazing rooftop lounge and pool), and were blown away with the great service provided. From the moment you arrive there is someone attentively helping you with your bags and prepping the lobby staff for your arrival. We were upgraded to a king bed for no other reason than the gentleman, Rory, wanting to help us out. The rooms are a wonderful size for New York and beautifully stylized. We received impeccable service at the pool bar/lounge, and the manager, Nikki, went out of her way to make sure we were enjoying ourselves. The drinks were great and adequately priced based on the location (Try the Georgia Peach). Our experience was so pleasant we sporadically decided to stay another night. Upon inquiring about rates and availability Katya at the front desk was so helpful and again, upgraded us to a King and got us a discount. We woke up to complimentary water bottles which was also fantastic. The location is amazing, we really enjoyed the Chelsea area and only a couple of blocks away from the High Line Gardens that we absolutely loved. Having stayed on their sister hotel near Times Square about a month ago, we saw a drastic difference in service and likely will not stay anywhere else in the city. Thank you Dream Downtown!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kplatt21
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear Kplatt you are right Dream Downtown offers a wide range of amazing amenities. From the unique loft style rooms to the pool, PHD or Bodega Negra Dream certainly has something for everyone. Thank you for the kind words about Rory and Katya, I will be sure to share the feedback with both of them. I am glad that you enjoyed you stay and look forward to welcoming you back to Dream in the near future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

I love staying in Chelsea - it's city living with neighborhood feel. We decided to splurge a little and stayed at the Dream Downtown this last trip (May). We'll be back...here's why...

1. GREAT location - Literally around the corner from Chelsea Market and 1.5 blocks from the High Line. Close to the 14 St subway stop (A, C, E lines), and it goes without saying, but lots of restaurants and shops, all within walking distance.

2. Nice gym - I like to eat...a lot. So, I like to find hotels with good gyms so I can workout "a time or two" during my stay. This gym has a decent selection of free weights, machines, and cardio equipment. What makes it cool though is that it's on a high floor that overlooks the pool. Yay - workout w/ a view!

3. Awesome pool - I'm generally not a hotel pool person, but this trip, the sun was out, and the atmosphere around the pool was inviting. They arrange the chairs so there's a "beach area" for those who want more shade and don't need to be right on the pool.

4. Overall ambiance is fun, unique, memorable - The themed "ship's portholes" are all throughout the hotel -- in the rooms, and even in the pool. Check out the ceiling from the hotel lobby -- you're looking into the pool! The hotel is active pretty much anytime of day but much more at night. Guests of the hotel are guaranteed access to the PH-D rooftop club before 9.30p. After that, you may get bounced. ;)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to relay your most recent experience at Dream Downtown. We are very proud of our luxury lifestyle hotel located in the heart of NYC Meatpacking district. From the sounds of your review you were able to enjoy many of the amenities that are offered at Dream. I hope to welcome you back to Dream in the near future.

West New York, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

I made a quick trip to NYC last week and this hotel was definitely the right choice!! They started the experience off just right as soon as I checked in, the manager Megan was super welcoming and made sure everything I needed was in place leaving me heading to my room with a smile on my face and not a worry for my mini-vacay. It had just the right amount of everything: Beautiful decor-friendly, eagar to help, staff-and an experience at every corner. I really felt like I was in one of the hippest spots in NYC!

The pool was just right on a beautiful summer day w/ great music, a fun crowd, and of course a delicious drink or 3. Bodega Negra which is essentially like walking into a completely different venue all together had an awesome vibe that made you feel like you were in a giant log cabin full of deliciousness. It was Sunday so as w/ most places in NYC it wasn't quite as crowded and Luigi, the manager, did an awesome job at checking in on us and really making us feel special at our dinner.

To wrap this up, I had a great time, super comfy rooms (The little balcony didn't hurt), and will definitely be coming back to explore even more of what this hotel has to offer!

Room Tip: Get one with a Balcony!!