“Dream Downtown an oasis of calmness”
Review of Dream Downtown

Dream Downtown
Ranked #129 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here after a long haul flight from Switzerland via London. Very efficient checkin and within a short time had unpacked and was relaxing by the pool. The location is unbeatable. So glad to be downtown. Its a slower pace and much more chilled out. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Food was mouth watering. The room design takes a bit of getting used to. But it works well. The general vibe at the hotel was casual and holiday-like. Cant wait to return for my next trip. Next time might ask for a balcony room above the pool. Superb!

Stayed: July 2014
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thanks for the review on Dream Downtown, the feedback is greatly appreciated. I am glad that you were able to get some relaxation during your stay. Thank you for the kind words about the staff they work very hard to over deliver on the guest experience. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Ayo Akinsete

Write a ReviewReviews (3,713)

fantastic front desk !!!
everyone there is super friendly and professional. i have been staying there quit a lot, both for pleasure and business and i will keep on going there ;)
special thanks to katya bronson who always taking good care of my staff and myself.
room no suprise always perfect..

Room Tip: be nice at the frontdesk ;)
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

I concur our front desk crew is really amazing. They genuinely care about making each and every guest feel as though Dream Downtown is a home away from home. Katya is an absolute rock star, I will be sure to share your feedback with her. I look forward to welcoming you back to Dream in the near future.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I had a great time during my stay. I spent most of my time at the gorgeous pool and was impressed by the service there especially the lifeguard Jason. He made the stay well worth it. I will definitely be coming back soon!

• Stayed: July 2014

Jason does it again. He certainly has a way with the guests, knowing exactly how to exceed expectation. I will be sure to share your feedback with Jason and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I travel quite frequently for business. For this trip to NYC, I wanted to try a new hotel. I chose the Dream Downtown and I'm so happy I did. The hotel is hip and trendy. The food, whether poolside or room service, was delicious. The staff is incredible. Every staff member, from front desk to pool attendant to bellman to room service, is a top notch pro. All staff members were always exceptionally helpful and friendly. My room had the very cool circular porthole windows and a fabulous view of NYC. The room was clean, the bed / pillows were amazing, the decor was modern and chic. The rooftop nightclub was buzzing every night, and in keeping with the Dream motif, very trendy. I plan to make a return trip for sure. I highly recommend the Dream!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

I am glad to hear that you had such an enjoyable time at Dream Downtown. I believe that it is the hotel staff that separates Dream from the other hotels in the Meatpacking district. They all have a real desire to exceed guest expectations and from the sounds of your review they were able to do this for you. I hope to welcome you back to Dream in the near future.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I travel to NYC for business at least twice a month. This past week I was not able to book in my normal hotel choices and Dream Downtown came up on the list of options for my company. I took a chance and am sold on the place. It has the coolest vibe. Above the lobby is a swimming pool that acts as a sky light into the lobby space. The pool area has cabana's and reminds me of South Beach. The food served pool side was fabulous and very high end. The rooms had very high ceilings, round windows and clever smoked glass that separates the shower from the main room. The roof top bar was very chic and had fabulous views. But best of all the bed was out of this world comfortable with very expensive down pillows and the best mattress ever. The street was quiet. TAO is right next door. Awesome and highly recommended hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Wow from the sounds of this review it seems as though we may have stolen you from another hotel for good. I am very proud of Dream and the amazing staff it is pleasing to hear that we were able to make such a great first impression. I hope to have you back to Dream in the near future.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Excellent and friendly staff, who will always do anything to make your stay a dream! Great, modern and clean rooms with comfy beds, excellent infrastructure and the best showers ever. This hotel is my favourite place to stay when in NY, especially in summer to enjoy the beautiful pool.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

I am happy to hear that the staff went above and beyond to fulfill your every request. Here at Dream it is our number 1 priority to ensure that all guests feel a warm welcome while on property. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

What a brilliant hotel!!! I have had the priviliged to stop in some amazing hotels in my time but this excels in every way. It's not that it overlooks the Empire State Building or the Taj Mahal it's actually the experience itself.
A very cool and contemporary decor inside combined with amazing design and architecture outside makes for a great start. The rooms are fully kitted out and functionally cool with porthole windows, the pool is fab and the connected facilities of PHD club bar and Bodega Negra add to the wider benefit. The true stand out above everyone else and I mean everyone else is the level of personal care to guests. Excellent hospitality and customer service is a minimum requirement nowadays and I don't believe in congratulating destinations for doing what they should do and get paid for. These guys from the door men to the front desk to pool staff are superbly crafted in making you feel the ONLY guest there. You don't have to be stopping in no suite to feel special and that makes me go back time after time after time. All my staff and clients in business as well as all my social media connections know you don't go to NYC without experiencing this. Thanks to all and keep up the good work.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the review on Dream Downtown, the feedback is greatly appreciated. I am pleased to know that the staffs made your stay so special, as they work extremely hard to always over deliver on the guest experience. It is great to hear that the service was so good you felt like the only guest in the hotel. Please feel free to send all of your clients to dream so we can take great care of them also. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.