“Wedding Week at Dream Downtown”
Review of Dream Downtown

Dream Downtown
Ranked #115 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Dublin, Ireland
“Wedding Week at Dream Downtown”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This past July we stayed at the Dream Downtown for one week while we had a destination wedding in NYC from Ireland.
We found the hotel to be located in a fabulous area, just across the street from the Chelsea food market, walking distance to Greenwich village, close by the 14th st. Metro stop.
The hotel oozes class, it's hip and swanky and fun. The pool is great with real sand. The gym has multiple machines to choose from with free weights. The food was really delicious and the service was very attentive.
The staff were really helpful and welcoming. We generously welcomed with a bottle of champagne in our room for our wedding week. Our room was cleaned at times that was convenient for us via a little light we'd put on outside of our door. The hallway outside our door had housekeeping closets constantly open so we could grab fresh towels, shampoo, etc whenever we needed.
We'd recommend this hotel for those looking for a great nighttime atmosphere, the hotel constantly has music and fun events going on.
We'd definitely return to this spot during another NYC stay. Great place.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cristen S
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Congratulations on your marriage, we wish you many years of happiness. I am very happy to hear that we were able to be part of such a special moment in your life. From the sounds of your review you were able to enjoy your time while at the hotel. Again congratulations and I look forward to welcoming you back to Dream in the near future.

Ayo Akinsete

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (835)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Loved everything about the Dream Hotel!

Buzzing atmosphere, perfect location and large room with amazing NYC skyline views.

The level of service at the Dream is outstanding, with friendly and attentive staff that go the extra mile for their guests. In particular, Eric at Concierge was fantastic, coordinating reservations for lunches, dinners, bars and clubs for up to 10 people for 9 consecutive days flawlessly. Best Concierge in NYC!

Cannot wait to come back!

Room Tip: North Tower is quieter and has beautiful NYC skyline views
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
It is very flattering to hear that even with such fierce hotel competition in NYC, Dream Downtown is your favorite of the bunch. An outstanding level of service is something that the staff strives to offer on a daily basis. Thank you for the kind words about Eric I will be sure to share your feedback with him. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Spectacular boutique hotel in a great location. We had a room with a great view of the Empire State Building. Definitely the trendiest hotel I've stayed at. But once we settled in and the 'wow' factor wore off, it was quite tiny, with a massive shower taking up valuable space. The bed was WAAAY too soft for our liking.

The hotel's facilities are impressive, but don't expect to have access to all of these just because you're a guest. On two nights the PH-D rooftop bar was booked for events, and the pool 'beach area' was closed for a corporate function. On weekends it's extremely busy and entry to PH-D is at the doorman's discretion.

The hotel staff were all extremely helpful and friendly. Even though at thirty-something we were on the older side of their typical clientele, and a little uncool - we didn't feel judged.

Room Tip: The rooftop bar is on the 12th floor of the north tower, and there is a nightclub at street level ri...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Here at Dream we are very proud of our luxury lifestyle property located in the heart of NYC meatpacking District. I am glad to hear that you felt a warm welcome from the staff members as they all work very hard to ensure that guests enjoy their time on property. In regards to your soft bed we are able to remove the feather pad so that you can have a firmer mattress, please let us know when you are coming back so we can note your reservation accordingly. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back soon.

Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 17 August 2014

About a decade ago, when boutique hotels hit the radar, their surroundings and staff were too pretentious. Everything and everyone seemed to be trying too hard to be chic and avante-garde. Which I understood, then, and even though that brand of service wasn't the friendliest type of service I still received it better than I receive a prepared smile or parental tone of voice. Because at least then I still thought I was speaking to an actual person instead of someone just doing their job. And for me that's what it's really about, traveling, meeting interesting people who are themselves and happy about being where they are. At this place, Dream Downtown, I think they've found the right blend of 'service' and 'cool.' Good job, everyone!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dream Downtown certainly is a cool hotel with that being said we still maintain a yes sir no sir culture. It is our #1 goal to ensure that guests feel a warm friendly welcome while on property, so it is very pleasing to hear that you felt this during your stay. Thank you for the kind words about the staff I will be sure to share your feedback with them all. I look forward to welcoming you back to Dream in the near future.

Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Katya Bronson checked us in and was very charming and accommadating, gave us a room with a great view which was rather quiet, exactly what we requested. the whole atmosphere of hotel is very pleasant and chic. its a hotel that can be I believe whatever you want it to be, romantic or a happening scene. the local has everything you need from great restaurants to shops, spas and plenty of places to walk around. Already figuring when to book again.

Room Tip: if want to be away from noise corner rooms are quieter
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
There she goes again exceeding guest expectations, a daily goal for Katya. Her infectious smile combined with her genuine desire to ensure guests have an excellent time at Dream is something that cannot be taught. As you mentioned your experience at Dream can be whatever you want it to be, this is why I truly believe that Dream is a one stop shop for all guests that step foot on property. I look forward to welcoming you back to Dream in the near future.

Sydney
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I stayed here with my girlfriend for 6 nights. We were most impressed with the reception staff, concierge and cleaners - the guests were always their number 1 priority. Our room was great with direct views to the Empire State Building. I'd imagine most rooms in the north tower which are north facing would see this too.

We attended the night club on top of the dream - PHD - on a number of occasions. It is very advantageous to stay at the hotel if you plan on visiting PHD due to the priority access. Although, it's still hard to enter on a Saturday night with priority due to all the crowds... But this is a NYC wide issue.

We used the pool facilities heavily, but were significantly unimpressed with the attitude of the bar/pool deck staff (I believe their training wasn't as comprehensive as the other hotel staff).

For corporates, this hotel works very well. It's close to key restaurants, has a quick checkin/checkout, a very helpful concierge service and meeting facilities which are easy to access.

• Stayed August 2014
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Dream Downtown, the feedback is greatly appreciated. You are correct in saying that the guests are our #1 priority. Our staff having a genuine passion to over deliver on the guest experience, so that Dream feels like a home away from home. I am glad that you enjoyed our amazing pool and Rooftop bar PHD, on your next visit you must try our hidden restaurant Bodega Negra. I look forward to welcoming you back to Dream in the near future.

North Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Top notch everything! I've been to Manhattan at least a dozen times, and have reluctantly spent more than double at other hotels for inferior service and ambiance. This hotel is now the only place we'll stay. It is not your typical NYC hotel. It is definitely a known hot spot, and I was skeptical about bringing my kids since it seemed like a young crowd, not a family place. Although there were very few families with kids, the staff could not have been more accommodating to my 10 and 15 year old girls. The bartenders even made them special mocktails each night, so we spent time in the bar lounge every evening before dinner. The hotel is full of activity all night with its 2 clubs, but we did not hear noise once we were in room on 9th floor. We could sometimes hear noise from neighboring rooms, but had no trouble sleeping. The beds are another major perk!. They are literally like clouds with featherbed mattresses and plush down comforters, again not like your typical hotel, even 5 star NYC hotels. All of us slept really well. Location is great, right across from Chelsea Market, and almost next door to Tao Downtown for dinner. Hotel decor is spectacular, and we honestly looked forward to coming back to the hotel several times a day just to spend time there. Front desk staff, concierges, and all the staff at the entrance were delightful! We didn't use the pool since it was packed on weekend, and there was a wait list for chairs. During the week, pool area got quieter if you plan to swim. We didn't use the gym, but it looked decent, although not huge. We ate at Cherry our last night. Food was great, although our waiter was the only hotel employee who was somewhat unpleasant and unhelpful. I wasn't sure if it was because I had kids with me, but I overlooked it since every other staff member went out of his or her way to make our stay amazing. I would highly recommend this hotel, and I am generally a tough critic.

Room Tip: Pool area can get noisy, so stay on higher floors if you want peace, or stay there if you want a hot...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Top notch hospitality is exactly what Dream Downtown strives for on a daily basis, so it is very pleasing to know that you felt this during your stay. Dream is certainly not your typical NYC hotel, it is more like a resort smack bang in the center of the concrete jungle. I am glad to hear that you felt a warm welcome from all of the staff members that you encountered, they all work very hard to exceed guest expectations. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel in the near future.