“Perfection and Amazing Service!”
Review of Dream Downtown

Dream Downtown
Ranked #114 of 468 Hotels in New York City
las vegas
“Perfection and Amazing Service!”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

I have stayed at the Dream downtown many times in the last year. I told them on a survey once I wanted gummy bears in my mini bar. The last time I checked in I got a knock on my door and it was a bag of gummy bears and a note from their Guest Services Manager Rita saying enjoy the snacks on us. This kind of customer service is so rare. They are quite amazing and I highly suggest this hotel. Comfy beds, beautiful pool and amazing bar. Book this hotel anytime you want to stay in NYC near the meat packing district.

Room Tip: Any room is amazing.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Exceeding guest expectations I our number one goal at Dream. Our staff is trained to listen to guests so that we can customize their stay to their specific needs and likes. Rita personifies everything that Dream intends to be, so I am not surprised that she played a role in making your stay special. I will be sure to share your feedback with her and look forward to welcoming you back to Dream in the near future.

Ayo Akinsete

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (835)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 2 September 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Dream Downtown for our anniversary and we had a great time. The room exceeded our expectations and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We even got an upgrade and we could see the Empire State building. for our room. We visited the P-hD Rooftop Bar in the evening which has amazing views over the city, excellent drinks and great music. Overall a great stay and we look forward to coming back!

Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
From your pictures and review, you had a great time at Dream. I am glad that you were able to experience one of our silver king rooms, they certainly have a spectacular view on the city skyline. I am happy to hear you felt a warm welcome from the staff, I will be sure to share you feedback with them. I look forward to welcoming you back to Dream in the near future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 September 2014

My Wife and I stayed in the Dream for a couple of days of special treat, between moving houses. We are familiar with the area, having been living in the West Village, and the Dream is a lovely, low-key frontage that pleasantly surprises you once you get inside. Impeccably laid out, the decor is cool, but certainly not wacky! The glass bottom of the outdoor pool is the reception/lounge ceiling and the light coming through is terrific. The hotel has lots of space and whilst there was a constant buzz of people moving around, the common areas never felt crowded nor uncomfortable.

The hotel and facilities are great, but what really stood out for me was the level of service provided by the team there. Unfailingly polite, helpful, friendly and effective I felt very well looked after and, dare I say it, a little bit special. Well done to the management for instilling such a good practice.

Room Tip: The large rooms on the 10th floor have a great view of Empire State Building
1 Thank Jamie F
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
It is very pleasing to hear that the real difference maker at Dream was the staff. I truly believe that in a market where there are many hotels that offer great pools, bars and restaurants the only way to get an edge is with the levels of service. Our staff genuinely cares about creating a unique and organic hotel experience, so I am very happy that you felt this. I hope to welcome you and your wife back to Dream in the near future.

Stockholm, Sverige
Reviewed 1 September 2014

My wife and me was vistiting New York for the first time and we chose to stay at Dream Downtown. We chose this hotel after much consideration. It turned out to be a great choice, mostly because of the location in Meatpackning district. Be sure to visit Chelsea Market just a few blocks away.

The staff is very friendly and professional and we enjoyed every minute. Bear in mind though that this is a hotel mostly for party animals. ;)

Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
I am glad to hear that we were able to make your first NYC trip a memorable one.The staff works very hard to ensure all guests feel a warm welcome so I am pleased that you felt this. I hope to welcome you back to Dream in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2014

We stayed here while in town for business, and not only was the location very convenient, and the hotel very beautiful, but the service was absolutely amazing! It has become our favorite place to stay when in NYC.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Dreams amazing locations and all of the top notch amenities within the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warwickshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Wow what a hotel and what an experience. Fabulous through and through. We'd moved from the W Hotel in Union Square as really wasn't up to W hotel usual standard. The Dream was everything it wasn't... It was funky and hip. Rooms were stylish and roomy. The pool was one of many great features and quite rare in NY. Once you're at the pool you forget that you're even in NYC. However, if you want a sun lounger at the weekend you have to reserve one by 8 am as its gets really busy. The staff were overwhelming friendly and professional... really couldn't ask for better service. Bar was fun as was the general atmosphere. Am visiting NYC in 6 weeks and am intending to go back.

Room Tip: There are some great rooms that overlook the pool area... and also have a small balcony to sit out o...
Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Thanks for the great review on Dream Downtown. I am glad that the W gave us the opportunity to make you a Dream guest moving forward. When on property Dream has the tendency to take you away from the bustling streets on NYC, with so many amazing amenities it can feel like a resort. It is very pleasing to know that you are now part of the dream family and will be back in 6 weeks.

Queens, New York
Reviewed 30 August 2014

The hotel had great service, it was stylish and neat. Every spacious considering in nyc. Pool was fun and very relaxing. The service was excellent throughout the hotel. The location is awesome for restaurants and shopping. In the center of meat packing district.

Ayo A, Manager at Dream Downtown, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
I am glad to hear that you had a great time at Dream Downtown and that you felt a warm welcome from the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to Dream in the near future