“really special p lace”

Ranked #51 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Greenwich, Connecticut
“really special p lace”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

My friends and I gathered in NYC for a girls weekend; I have to preface this review by saying that I did not actually STAY in the room (I live nearby and elected to go home at night) but did hang out with them in the room and was really impressed. The lobby is elegant and very NYC-chic without being pretentious. We missed the on-the-house wine hour but found, to our great delight, that the hotel had sent up champagne and cupcakes (along with a handwritten note) to our room to celebrate of the girls' birthday. The room was clean and elegant, the bathroom was large and the hallways were quiet. A great place to stay when visiting NYC for fun.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (692)
  • Polish first
Washington DC
Reviewed 30 April 2012

This truly was our best hotel experience in all of our years of travel to NYC. The room was spacious, beautifully appointed and above all QUIET! The staff, from the doorman to the bell man to the front desk to housekeeping and of course the great restaurant NIOS was just impeccable. We so look forward to our next visit to the Muse.

Room Tip: The "11" rooms are corner rooms and are very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Richard F
Ny
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Stayed on a Sniqueaway deal.
Nicely decorated, modern room.
Lobby restrooms beautifully decorated, all different in design.
Great location, near Times Square but on a side-street, not in the middle of all the congestion.
Staff was efficient but failed to inform us about complimentary cocktails and gave the wrong time for morning coffee. Worth it in all other aspects.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Position, Position is what people always say ... and to top it off service and hospitality. Very impressed with not only the Muse Hotel but with the entire Kimpton Hotel experience recently. We travelled to the US and also stayed at the Hotel Palomar in Westwood, CA and Hotel Palomar in Washington DC. Some of the best hotel experiences ever!. Very friendly and well trained .. not to mentioned the 5pm wine bar that had the all the hotel lobboes jumping .. Thank you. Great Stay .. and a probably the best hotels beds and sleep ever!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank BigBear1956
Lulu E, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Thank you for your feedback! I’m so happy you’ve been enjoying yourself at our properties; it makes us all warm and fuzzy to hear you’ve been sleeping so comfortably! Hotel beds can make you feel like Goldilocks and I’m happy you’re finding our beds to be “juuust right”! Happy hour should be common practice after a long day (and after walking for hours in Manhattan), and we’re excited for our complimentary wine hour at all of our hotels every day. I hope we get to see at one very soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I spent two nights at this hotel. The hotel has very good location (if you come to NYC for pleasure), just a few meters from Times Square, so it's pretty close to theaters, museums, jazz-clubs, pubs, etc. Room was very clean, bed comfortable, everything was working OK. However, the hotel is not cheap, and doesn't include breakfast. The only thing I didn't like was that they charged me on additional small amount after I left without notifying me.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2012 via mobile

We have stayed in a few new York hotels, but the muse was the best for location and great service. The room had everything you want when travelling. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. We have recommended THe Muse to our travel agent and to many friends

Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Shelley A
Washington, DC
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I love this hotel. It's a boutique-style, warm, intimate place with what I like to call a "yes" attitude; i.e., you hear "yes, we can help you," "yes, we can do that" all the time. The hosted wine hour every evening and coffee/tea in the mornings (a hallmark of the Kimpton group of hotels) is such a treat and I've made new friends and felt as if I was staying at a good friend's home, not a hotel. The staff truly cares about each guest's experience and, most importantly, in those cases where something didn't go quite right, they go out of their way to make it even more right than it was before. I'm a theater fan and stay here frequently; especially when I am concentrating on seeing shows. It's the perfect location: steps from the Theater District/Times Square, but just up enough to be out of the fray. There is a subway stop just a couple of blocks away and it's easy walking distance to Rockefeller Plaza, Carnegie Hall, Fifth Avenue, Penn Station, etc. The rooms are attractive and spacious, for New York City in particular. Also, I am often traveling on my own, so it's important to me that I feel welcome and at home...The Muse is a perfect fit for the solo traveler as well as when I travel with friends and family.

Room Tip: I like the rooms on the front of the hotel, but you may get more street noise. I have found the sta...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo