“Loved it!”
Review of Kimpton Muse Hotel

Kimpton Muse Hotel
Ranked #64 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Fantastic "boutique" hotel just a few steps from Times Square. Everything you could ask for. Having stayed in NYC a number of times, this is by far the best hotel yet. The double/double rooms were huge!

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor, great view of the side of Times Square (but no noise)
1  Thank Lynn44Edinburgh

Reviewed 4 May 2012

Only got to spend one night recently at the Muse but as was expected, another great experience with this stellar organization. Staff was full of smiles and suggestions for items in the heart of NY's theatre district. You can tell that Kimpton employees enjoy their jobs, even saw staff members going out on a company organized scavenger hunt the night i stayed...hope the "cheesy moustache" team won!

Only reason for 4 stars was that the A/C unit for the room was pretty loud...and that's coming from a sound sleeper. Minor issue when balanced against rest though...

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Visited The Muse April 28-29 for a Girls Weekend birthday celebration ~ I was in charge of choosing the hotel, which would have usually caused some stress for this out-of-towner, HOWEVER, I had my secret weapon...Kimpton Hotels! My husband and I discovered Kimpton a few years ago in Boston when needing a pet friendly hotel on the Common while traveling with our constant companion, Jaeger the German Shepherd. We were so impressed that we sought out a Kimpton property in San Francisco soon after, and now we are hooked! Knowing I could trust this property sight unseen, The Muse was the BEST Kimpton property we have stayed in so far! This time I was with 5 girlfriends (sans hubby and dog), and we were treated like the divas we are from early check in to our lingering departure (we did not want to leave! One gal said, "Let's just book it again for a long weekend in the Fall and not leave the hotel.") Every member of the staff made us feel welcome and special, always greeting and making eye contact, asking about our plans and taking photos for us on our way out and helping us out of cabs as we stumbled back at 1am...LOL! They made special arrangements for our 2 girls birthdays in the group (surprise!), and as we all lounged about in one of the Executive Suites we booked, wrapped in our leopard print robes while sipping champagne, we agreed that THIS IS THE PLACE TO STAY in NYC. Location cannot be beat (walk to Times Square, went running in Central Park on Sunday morning, shopping galore, great restaurants) yet it was a quiet little side street location. Rooms and lobby and bar were clean, clean, clean, and the decor is chic without trying too hard. Don't miss the lobby ladies room. Best praise I can offer is that even our local gals in the group were impressed and were soooo sorry they were taking the train back to Greenwich instead of staying the night with the rest of us! LOL! We are already looking at our date books to find a weekend in the fall when we all can stay at The Muse again...

1  Thank Lauren Leah M
Reviewed 30 April 2012

You can't find a finer, more friendlier staff than the team at The Muse. I always feel welcome at this home away from home - for me AND my dogs. Kimpton knows how to treat the four legged friends let me tell you! I'll let my dogs write up their own review, however this time I'll focus on me.

The experience begins with a very cozy, inviting, trendy lobby. The restaurant located just off the lobby offers a tremendous wine selection and menu items. I've had many great meals here. The guest rooms are spacious and comfortably appointed complete with desk, side furnishings, super fast wifi (thankfully free if you are a member of Kimpton In Touch), stocked mini bar, plasma 42" TV equipped with the full array of cable channels, large bathrooms and special Kimpton touches. The furnishings are perfectly selected and placed to maximize relaxation. I love their beds which beat out the W chain as far as I'm concerned (once the leader according to my back!).

Its centrally located for those that work around Midtown or tourists that love theater, lots of dining options, nightlife and the energetic lure of Times Square. Although all that action is literally steps outside the lobby, once you re-enter the hotel - you don't even hear the outside world. And let me tell you - thats makes all the difference in the world as very few NYC hotels successfully keep the noise controlled.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JonnyMoosh
Lulu E, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

Thank you so much for your review! I look forward to the next review from your dogs, always nice to hear from a good selection of our guests ... Now to focus on you. I love that you feel so comfortable and welcome that you think of us as your home away from home! All our staff prides themselves on making our guests feel like family and consider our lobby like our living room. I hope we can welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 30 April 2012

My friends and I gathered in NYC for a girls weekend; I have to preface this review by saying that I did not actually STAY in the room (I live nearby and elected to go home at night) but did hang out with them in the room and was really impressed. The lobby is elegant and very NYC-chic without being pretentious. We missed the on-the-house wine hour but found, to our great delight, that the hotel had sent up champagne and cupcakes (along with a handwritten note) to our room to celebrate of the girls' birthday. The room was clean and elegant, the bathroom was large and the hallways were quiet. A great place to stay when visiting NYC for fun.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

This truly was our best hotel experience in all of our years of travel to NYC. The room was spacious, beautifully appointed and above all QUIET! The staff, from the doorman to the bell man to the front desk to housekeeping and of course the great restaurant NIOS was just impeccable. We so look forward to our next visit to the Muse.

Room Tip: The "11" rooms are corner rooms and are very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard F
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Stayed on a Sniqueaway deal.
Nicely decorated, modern room.
Lobby restrooms beautifully decorated, all different in design.
Great location, near Times Square but on a side-street, not in the middle of all the congestion.
Staff was efficient but failed to inform us about complimentary cocktails and gave the wrong time for morning coffee. Worth it in all other aspects.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple