“Family Trip to NYC”

Ranked #57 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Family Trip to NYC”
Reviewed 19 July 2012

My husband and I took our two kids -- 6 and 4 years old -- to NYC. I had received a great offer via email from Kimpton Hotels (the Muse is a Kimpton property) and booked the room sometime in April/May. We actually stayed at the Muse last weekend, July 13, 2012. The front desk personnel, Barbara Los in particular, was wonderful. Friendly, welcoming and very kind. All the staff was great with our kids and truly made us all feel great about traveling to NYC!

The room was comfortable, clean and had plenty of space. We even had a balcony although we didn't get to enjoy it because we were out about the whole time. Mid afternoon one day, someone arrived with milk and cookies and a fruit tray to help us recharge for an evening out in Times Square. It was a pleasant surprise. It's clear that the Muse knows how to take care of its guests and inspire repeat visits. Definitely a place I would stay again with or without my kids.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank KaveriPGH

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (696)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Florida
Reviewed 18 July 2012 via mobile

I went to great lengths researching a Hotel to stay in while visiting New York for the first time. I like luxury and of course cleanliness. For New York I was extremely happy with my choice. Rooms where very tasteful, GREAT bedding and a decent size bathroom. The location is great and the staff very professional.

Stayed July 2012
1 Thank palms62
texas
Reviewed 18 July 2012

This is a great hotel in the heart of times square (but far enough away not to be too loud.) They offer rooms with a separate fold out couch in a living area which is wonderful for families. The hotel is kid (and dog) friendly and offers welcome gifts to children as they check in. The staff was very warm, knowledgeable and helpful. The only cons during our stay was the sofa beds were not in great condition and the breakfast room service menu and delivery could use some fine tuning. Overall, we would stay at The Muse again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank travelsnobmom
Chillicothe, Ohio
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Love the Kimpton chain hotels, and this one was wonderful in terms of ambience, comfort, and congeniality of the staff. THe location right in the heart of Times Square was magnificent. The wine reception at this hotel offered beer, which was a plus for me, and it was local beer on top of that! That being said, as others have mentioned on Trip Advisor, my credit card bill had charges that were not on the folio I was given at the end of my stay. Over $45 in extra charges were included.

I was charged $32.66 for socks that were never in our closet, and about $13.OO in honor bar purchases; I am a Kimpton in-touch member and I was to receive $15.00 in complimentary
mini bar selections. I did call the hotel, and was assured these would be added back to my husband's Visa. The clerk who assisted me on the phone was gracious and cooperative, and only because of her was I able to learn what the extra charges were for. However, this should never happen. BEWARE! Watch your credit card statement carefully! I wish all hotels would stop leaving items that are high priced and for sale in rooms!

Room Tip: Check your room for robes, umbrellas and socks as soon as you arrive. If there are not two robes an...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank mjm52252
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I took my sister-in-law for a girls weekend in Manhattan over the 4th of July holiday. I had been wanting to stay at the Muse as I love Kimpton properties and it was just as great as I expected. The front desk staff was efficient at check-in, had great recommendations for dining and even included a little surprise for me for my birthday - a wonderful fruit and cheese tray with a lovely sparkling water sent to our room. The happy hour in the lobby was fun - loved the Sangria. The rooms were fun, interesting, nice sized and very clean. The location was literally a 1/2 block off Time Square which was great since my sis hadn't been to New York before. And it was surprisingly quiet - we were on the 14th floor.

This was exactly what I wanted. I would love to stay here again and will stay at Kimptons whenever I can.

Room Tip: The rooms are large by New York standards. Make sure to talk to the desk staff, they know the area...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank TwilightTink
usa
Reviewed 13 July 2012 via mobile

It's all about the staff! Yes the wine recpt was nice - yes great location - yes nice rooms - but the staff is what makes you want to come back! Kudos to: Marc - Samantha - Barbara - Lauren - Rolando you made my stay so very enjoyable. Thank you all

Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Oreon
Reviewed 12 July 2012

The Muse continues to be our favorite because of the intimate feeling in the reception area, the hallways, the bar and small bedrooms. You never wait for an elevator and it is quiet at all times. And, the wine reception at 5PM is a great way to begin an evening on the town.

Room Tip: Request rooms in the back of the hotel off the street.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple