“3 great nights at The Muse”
Review of Kimpton Muse Hotel

Kimpton Muse Hotel
Ranked #56 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Hawaii
“3 great nights at The Muse”
Reviewed 21 July 2012

We really enjoyed our time at The Muse. The service was professional and quick. Our room was an executive suite. It was large for New York. The decor was outrageous. Our bed was firm but not too firm...very comfortable. The room was quiet. Our room, the lobby and the restaurant were clean. We had a quick breakfast every morning. The fruit and was fresh and we could eat as much as we wanted. The location is great if when you walk out the door you want to be right in the middle of things. We will chose another Kimpton location next time as we liked the quiet upper west side. We stayed in 2 Kimpton hotels during this vacation and are sold! I wish they were international.

Room Tip: Join the hotels In-touch program to get free internet. It's free!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (702)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 21 July 2012

We stay at Kimptons every chance we get. The Muse staff really made our experience in NYC a wonderful one. So up beat and fabulous decor. Our room was clean, comfortable, and large for a NYC hotel room. Loved the happy hour in the lobby every day and the professional staff there to assist. It's a must!!!

• Stayed July 2012
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 21 July 2012 via mobile

This was our first time staying at The Muse and we'll definitely return. A small boutique hotel in an excellent Times Square location. We were upgraded to a corner room with a balcony. Rooms are spacious for NYC. Wine reception in the evening and coffee in the lobby in the morning. Quaint lobby bar with nice wine selection. Staff is great and all about customer service.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 July 2012

My husband and I took our two kids -- 6 and 4 years old -- to NYC. I had received a great offer via email from Kimpton Hotels (the Muse is a Kimpton property) and booked the room sometime in April/May. We actually stayed at the Muse last weekend, July 13, 2012. The front desk personnel, Barbara Los in particular, was wonderful. Friendly, welcoming and very kind. All the staff was great with our kids and truly made us all feel great about traveling to NYC!

The room was comfortable, clean and had plenty of space. We even had a balcony although we didn't get to enjoy it because we were out about the whole time. Mid afternoon one day, someone arrived with milk and cookies and a fruit tray to help us recharge for an evening out in Times Square. It was a pleasant surprise. It's clear that the Muse knows how to take care of its guests and inspire repeat visits. Definitely a place I would stay again with or without my kids.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank KaveriPGH
Florida
Reviewed 18 July 2012 via mobile

I went to great lengths researching a Hotel to stay in while visiting New York for the first time. I like luxury and of course cleanliness. For New York I was extremely happy with my choice. Rooms where very tasteful, GREAT bedding and a decent size bathroom. The location is great and the staff very professional.

Stayed July 2012
1 Thank palms62
texas
Reviewed 18 July 2012

This is a great hotel in the heart of times square (but far enough away not to be too loud.) They offer rooms with a separate fold out couch in a living area which is wonderful for families. The hotel is kid (and dog) friendly and offers welcome gifts to children as they check in. The staff was very warm, knowledgeable and helpful. The only cons during our stay was the sofa beds were not in great condition and the breakfast room service menu and delivery could use some fine tuning. Overall, we would stay at The Muse again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank travelsnobmom
Chillicothe, Ohio
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Love the Kimpton chain hotels, and this one was wonderful in terms of ambience, comfort, and congeniality of the staff. THe location right in the heart of Times Square was magnificent. The wine reception at this hotel offered beer, which was a plus for me, and it was local beer on top of that! That being said, as others have mentioned on Trip Advisor, my credit card bill had charges that were not on the folio I was given at the end of my stay. Over $45 in extra charges were included.

I was charged $32.66 for socks that were never in our closet, and about $13.OO in honor bar purchases; I am a Kimpton in-touch member and I was to receive $15.00 in complimentary
mini bar selections. I did call the hotel, and was assured these would be added back to my husband's Visa. The clerk who assisted me on the phone was gracious and cooperative, and only because of her was I able to learn what the extra charges were for. However, this should never happen. BEWARE! Watch your credit card statement carefully! I wish all hotels would stop leaving items that are high priced and for sale in rooms!

Room Tip: Check your room for robes, umbrellas and socks as soon as you arrive. If there are not two robes an...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple