“Wowwwwwwwwww!”
Review of Kimpton Muse Hotel

Kimpton Muse Hotel
Ranked #62 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 26 September 2012

The Muse is truly an amazing boutique hotel. The staff is super friendly and courteous and always greets guests with a smile and upbeat attitude. Clearly the management in this hotel goes above and beyond while keeping their staff happy. The hotel is gorgeous and spotless. The rooms are gorgeous, well maintained and exceeded my expectations. I stayed here for my husbands 30 th birthday with other family members and we had two rooms, spa suite and executive suite, both wonderful. Both rooms had complementary champagne and fruit and cupcakes in celebration and of course complementary. And to top it off a gift bag for my husbands puppy that he was surprised with at the hotel. Truly a pet friendly hotel! I will be back indefinitely with more family and friends and pets very shortly, already planning the next trip and im honestly not a huge fan of the city but after staying here it has greatly grown on me. Location is fabulous near Times Square but off the main strip so it's peaceful and we had great views from our tremendous balcony. Thank you thank you thank you for a fabulous stay, wish we could have stayed longer and plan to for the next trip. More than worth price paid and honestly I'm not one to write lengthy reviews but this hotel more than deserves a few minutes of my time. My husband and I love to travel and are always looking to stay at the all around best hotels and the muse topped our charts. Super comfy beds, great night sleep and super awesome bathroom with giant jacuzzi.

Room Tip: Spa suite is amazing.
There are newer reviews for Kimpton Muse Hotel

Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

If you're looking for a boutique hotel in the Theater District, Muse is a interesting and fun choice. Not over the top with frills but a very solid selection. The decor is unique. You must check out the bathrooms on the first floor.

• Stayed: September 2012
Lulu E, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2012

Woohoo! Five Stars, thank you so much! We're happy you had fun with us, and great tip about the bathrooms on first. We hope you're in the area soon so we can welcome you back!

Reviewed 19 September 2012

My husband and I stayed for 5 nights in mid September 2012.
The good bits: Friendly, helpful staff. Clean, tidy and good sized bedroom and en-suite bathroom. Hair dryer & ironing board in the room. If you join the Kimpton Hotel loyalty scheme (free to join), you receive free WiFi in your room and $15 free items from the room mini bar.
Complimentary coffee/tea every morning in the lobby and complimentary wine/beer every late afternoon in the lobby.
Fantastic location. Next to Times Square & Broadway and walking distance to most mid-town attractions (within 20 minutes walk). No need to catch bus, subway or taxi anywhere, unless going to Ground Zero, however, if you don't like walking, the city sightseeing bus tours are very enjoyable and one of the best ways to orientate your self at the start of the holiday - you can hop on/off all round the city. The bus tour ticket included tours uptown, downtown, to Brooklyn, a night tour and a boat trip and some discounted attraction entry tickets (New York City Sights tour).

The down side: Only 8 coat hangers in wardrobe. Noisy at times during the night when lorries unloading in W46th Street below window (3am on a couple of days). No tea/coffee making facilities in the room. Rooms mostly quiet but noise travels under the door e.g. room service knocking on next door room am & pm.

Highly recommend this hotel. The many good points far outweigh the slight down side :-)

2  Thank Clare P

Thank you for five stars! We're happy to see your visit to New York was fantastic and our location was great for you! Hopefully you'll be crossing the Atlantic and visiting New York again soon so we can welcome you back!

Reviewed 19 September 2012

I really like Kimpton hotels. While my room layout was odd, with a narrow hallway separating the bedroom to the bathroom, the street noise was bad. Every night. Until nearly 11. Bad.

I called the first night to complain about the construction. The person I spoke said there wasn't any construction. Which was weird, because there was quite a bit of noise coming from outside. Apparently it wasn't construction but trash compactors on the trucks, cleaning up construction trash and other buildings trash. This is typical in NY, as is street noise, but the windows must lack any insulation that would block the noise.

They kinda throughout the possibility of moving rooms but assured me the noise would die down soon. Which it did, close to 11. The same thing for all four nights I was there. Honestly the last thing I wanted to do after a 12-14 hour day of work was pack up all my stuff to move to go down stairs, get a new room, and have to unpack all over again. I stuck it out and it wasn't great.

If you don't try to relax until after 11, then ask for a ground floor room.

I chose The Muse because it was close to my new office, which unfortunately is also very close to Times Square. It's not too bad, it's just navigating through the tourists, but since I usually was out before they got on the streets and in after they were wrapping up their day of sightseeing, I rarely had a problem with the area.

I am heading back in a month and rolled the dice with The Muse again. I want to see if the experience is better on a high floor. My guess, based upon reading other reviews, is that my experience will be much better.

Room Tip: High floor, if you get anything lower than 6, I'd refuse it.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Ryan M
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a long girls weekend. The location is right off Times Square. The rooms are sound proof becasue we didn't hear any noise. The staff was so freindly. They have a wine happy hour daily so its a nice way to meet new people or just enjoy a glass of free wine!

Room Tip: We had an executive suite which was gorgeous and spacious for New York. The only down fault of the h...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for a five star review! We are ecstatic we got to host your group, we're all about complimentary wine hour and hanging with the girls! We would love to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 13 September 2012

We were only there for a short stay but it was great. The location was perfect and the staff were very helpful and friendly. The room was really comfortable, clean and very nice. We just stepped out and round the corner were in the heart of Times Square....So easy to get anywhere. There was also complimentry tea & Coffee in the mornings in the lobby and other refreshments during the day.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Anne-Marie G
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We celebrated our tenth anniversary in NYC and stayed at The Muse for one week. Champagne and a welcome letter awaited for us when we got there. Concierge service was excellent with good suggestions of where to go and quick response in reservations and directions. Everyone was very kind and friendly and contributed to making our trip a memorable one. Rooms are not that big, like almost every hotel in NY, but big enough. Bathroom has a large counter, good shower head. There is a long list of articles they can give you in case you forget, including cell phone chargers, and many other small details like an umbrella in your room in case it rains. There is a 24 hour deli a few doors away from the hotel where you can find a large selection of wines, drinks, water, etc. Steps away from metro stations, times square, Rockefeller Center, etc. Will stay at The Muse next time we are in NY. To the Hotel staff: thanks for making this stay a great one!!!