“Over the top”
Review of Kimpton Muse Hotel

Kimpton Muse Hotel
Ranked #66 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 3 May 2013

This team at the Muse NY is professional and genuine. They care about their clients. My office peers and I will only stay at The Muse NY when in NY. Ginger, Sarah, Barbara, Lauren, David and Wilmore are just a few of the team at The Muse who deliver quality service. No, I'm not a family member of any of this company, but, they may us feel like ones. The house keeping staff, front desk, bell help and beyond are not only helpful but gracious! They are the best and I look forward to seeing them again next week. Thanks for looking out for us!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Dear DallasFannumberone,

Thank you for your incredible review-it is amazing to read you found our staff to be genuine and professional!

Thank you for all the shoutouts- we look forward to seeing you back with us soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,282)

Reviewed 3 May 2013

We are in New York for a trip to the theatre district. Previously we have stayed in larger properties in the Times Square area, but like the Kimpton brand and decided to give The Muse a try and it has not disappointed! The hotel is on a side street, about one half block from the center of Time Square. As a smaller property we wondered when we first arrived if we had made the right decision but the outstanding service from the hotel quickly took care of that concern. Because we arrived from a long flight to the hotel after midnight the front valet was gone but Tony from the front desk immediately came out to the entrance, retrieved our luggage and checked us in. We were in the elevator and settled to our room within 5 minutes. And the service has remained the same high quality our entire stay! We purchased some soda from a nearby store and even thought there is a "cash bar frig" in the room when we returned the housekeeper had set up a small refrigerator in our room "because she liked her sodas cold"! This is just one example of the friendly and thoughtful service. It was like our needs were anticipated instead of having to ask for everything. The hotel itself is a smaller property but the rooms are comfortable, the bed was great, and the bathroom was well appointed. The only reason I did not give a five star rating was the lack of view and some minor street noise as our room was on the fifth floor at the front of the hotel and this is the center of the city! There are several small deli's just steps from the door which were great! We did not eat a Nois, the restaurant on property, because we love the deli (and Cheesecake) atmosphere of NYC. The main theatre district is literally one block away and very easy. Bottom line...I would definitely stay here again and really liked the smaller hotel for it's personal service, ease of access to the theatre's, closeness to the deli's and to Time Square. But mostly it is just everything the big hotels are not, a warm and friendly little place in the middle of Time Square!

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have street noise, but that is part of the fun in the big city!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear cowboykathy,

We are so glad you decided to give us a try and we didn't dissappoint! We are happy to see our overnight concierge was of great assistance to you when you checked in!

We hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed 29 April 2013

From the min I walked to the very last min. I checked out the staff was exceptional. I often stay at kimpton hotel chains because of there rooms just makes me feel like I right at home! The manager Ray was very accommodating I'm all my request (I can be very picky) Barbara and Rolondo at the front desk were very helpful in answering all my questions with bright smiles and great dialogue! I will defiantly staying there again!

• Stayed: April 2013
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Dear Yuryoung,

Thank you for your five star review! We are so happy to see our staff was so helpful! We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed 29 April 2013

Stayed at the Muse on the recomendation of a friend on our first ever trip to NYC. It was a great pick. Perfect location being a half block off of Times Square in the heart of the Theater District. Got a AAA discount then a $16/day upgrade to an Executive King Suite on Floor 18. Not much of a view but a really nice and spacious suite with great linens, towels and soaps and such. The price was much better than the big name houses and the people were very nice. Free wine tasting at 5:30 PM probablly saved us spending an extra $30-$40 on dinner wine. I highly recomend The Muse Hotel New York.

Room Tip: Buy into the $16 stand-by room upgrade the offer you after you reserve your room. If they upgrade yo...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob D

Dear Bob D,

Thank you for your great review! We are glad to see you enjoyed an upgrade during your visit. Also, we are happy to see you took advantage of our complimentary wine reception...this is a great treat for you and all of our great guests to enjoy EVERY evening from 5pm-6pm!

Reviewed 29 April 2013

I usually only write reviews when my service is terrible, but this hotel was so outstanding that I must write about it.

My husband and I and 2 small children arrived a little early so our room was not ready. The front desk staff was very friendly and said they'd give us a call when the room was available. When we returned a short time later, we went to get the room key and the lady at the front desk gave each of my children a goody bag filled with coloring books, crayons, match box cars, Angry bird toys etc... this was something I have never experienced before at any hotel. We noticed that there were a lot of people in the lobby drinking wine, so we asked if it was a convention. The lady at the front desk informed us that every day form 4-6pm (I believe that was the times told to us) they give out free wine. We each asked for a glass of Sauvignon Blanc and it was delicious. What hotel gives out free wine??

It just got better and better after that. The room we had was only a slight upgrade, but it was so large and spacious, and beautiful and clean. The beds were comfortable and we actually hung out in the room longer than usual just because it was so nice and comfortable. Every time we went out, any staff member we encountered in the elevator or hallway was extremely friendly and they went out of their way to make you fell at home.

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. I will definitely recommend this hotel to everyone going to NYC. You cannot beat the location in Times Square and it is directly across from our favorite NYC restaurant Havana. I will definitely come here agin and again. Hands down my favorite hotel in New York City!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Dear pinapopper,

Thank you for your amazing review! We are so happy you were able to experience such a wonderful time. It brings smiles to our faces, to have the little ones visit us- what better way to welcome your family, then a little surprise at check-in?! We are so happy to make you all feel special...we look forward to seeing you back!

Reviewed 28 April 2013

I recently stayed here and had a fantastic time. The rooms were super clean and the bar a great place to hang out and unwind. The entire staff was welcoming and kind, but there was a bellman that was especially helpful. I didn't catch his last name, but his first name was Cliff. Cliff seemed to always be there and willing to help with a smile. He was especially helpful with explaining the subway system to me. I had zero experience with any subway and wanted to use it to explore NYC. He helped me to find all destinations, as well as make recommendations, and reassured me I'd make it around just fine. Trip wouldn't have been the same without his kindness and guidence! Thanks Muse for the great stay!

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear JHarvey13,

We are so happy to see you had a great time with us. We are glad to see our bellman, Cliff assisted you so well. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed 27 April 2013

If you are visiting NYC for theatre and all the usual sights this hotel is PERFECT. Just off Times Square but away from the noise. This is the second time have stayed there and it would be first choice for the next trip. Rooms are fine and very clean but the quality award must go to the front desk staff who are 5 star. Both helpful and intelligent (and that can be a rare commodity in hotels sometimes!) and nothing was too much trouble. Maybe not the cheapest but look for deals on the web site - I was staying 7 nights and got a stay the week rate. It belongs to the Kimpton hotel chain and my surname happens to be Kimpton - but no relation honest and it did help the staff to remember me especially the doormen who thought it a great joke!

Room Tip: Only stayed twice but I ask for a high floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Dear tonyhotel71,

Thank you for your incredible review. We are so happy to earn a five star rating from you! We are proud to be your first choice hotel when you visit New York City. We look forward to seeing you back soon!