“Very good location, friendly staff, clean rooms”
Review of Kimpton Muse Hotel

Kimpton Muse Hotel
Ranked #51 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Agrigento, Italy
“Very good location, friendly staff, clean rooms”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I stayed two nights only and my stay was perfect! The staff were so friendly and helpful starting from the people at the front desk to the housekeeping staff. Everybody is smiling and ready to answer your questions. Nice room, bathroom good. Price is high. A bit noise in the night.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear fabius88,

Thank you for the nice review.

Thank you for mentioning our entire team as giving exemplary service…. Yes we love to smile and we hope this was infectious and made you smile as well!

We do apologize about the noise you experienced due to the hustle and bustle of Times Square. We would be happy to ensure a room on the back of the property on your next visit.

We hope to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (692)
  • Polish first
Essex
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

We found the hotel through a website search and the existing reviews convinced us to book. We were not disappointed it is a wonderful hotel in a great location. It is part of the Kimpton Group which I hadn't come across before but would certainly look to stay in another of their hotels in the future. Some of the small things they provide are welcome, such as free Wifi, wine hour, and free tea and coffee in the morning. The rooms are very well decorated and a good size for central New York. I would certainly have no hesitations in recommending this hotel or staying there again!

• Stayed December 2013
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear kmordrick,

Thank you for the nice review.

We are thrilled to know you stumbled upon us after reading some great reviews. (We understand how important reviews are)

We are happy to know you were able to enjoy our extra amenities such as the wine hour and coffee in the morning.

We are excited to know that we now have a new member in our Kimpton family.
We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I travel to Midtown very frequently.
I have traveled on and off for many years.
I'm so glad I stumbled across The MUSE as I absolutely LOVE this hotel.
Great rooms, service and staff is second to none!
I recently traveled to NY for business but for the first time, my wife came along. Unfortunately I couldn't stay at the Muse because my corporate rate wasn't available. however, the last night there, which was on me, the MUSE had availability. Unfortunately the only rooms were ~$600/night (that is what happens on weekends right before Christmas!!)

But wait, I've stayed so many times I had a free nights stay. I was absolutely shocked when Kimpton let me use it on this type of room!

My wife and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary and the Hotel found out and left us a lovely (complimentary) bottle of champagne.

This evening was special but every time I stay there for business, I feel treated like a special guest. This is a TOP NOTCH hotel! I'm almost reluctant to put up this review in fear that it will make it even more difficult to get a room.

Room Tip: Just ask for a nice room
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chris M
Dear Chris M,

Thank you for the fantastic 5 star review.

We are thrilled to read that we were able to make such a great impression on you and your wife! Yes, it may be holiday season and rates are higher however we also understand that our guests that have these Kimpton points are our loyal guests and we like to assist in making these special moments.

Happy Anniversary again to you and your wife and we look forward to you staying with us many times in the future.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Extremely exclusive expensive quiet hotel... i would say unique as it is on the 46th just off Times Square. Staff is extremely nice and helpful. There are very few rooms per floor. Jacuzzi is a lot smaller than expected as seen in pictures. Considering the price I would have expected a bit more complimentary services. Please avoid to buy any luggage on the same street. The Arabs around there are real thieves. Go along 6th Av if you need any new Samsonite after the Xmas shopping!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GcRedaelli
Dear Carlo_ie,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are so pleased that our staff provided you with commendable service and that you enjoyed our location.

Thank you for the feedback on the shopping in Times Square. By the sounds of it you did a lot of shopping and needed new suitcases (we love shopping also!)

We hope to see you again.
Ellington, Connecticut
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Overall liked hotel. Room was sufficient but kind of small. Location was ok. Convenient to where we were going. Parking was expensive even for NYC. Lobby was clean. Staff helpful and friendly. Buffet was sufficient.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear Lisa P,

Thank you for taking your time to give us a review.

We appreciate all your feedback and comments. We are happy to hear that our location was convenient for your time in the Big Apple and that our staff were of assistance throughout you stay.

We hope to have you stay with us again
Plainview, New York
Reviewed 12 December 2013

My most recent stay at a Kimpton Hotel did not disappoint. My husband and I were in NYC for fashion week and a wedding so I booked a room at The Muse. The hotel is decorated beautifully, the staff is exceptional and the amenities are first rate. From check in to check out, we felt like a valued guests. The extra touches the hotel provides made the experience excellent. Since it was fashion week, the hotel had a mobile fashion boutique parked outside the front entrance. It made shopping extremely convenient and pleasant. The beverages provided in the lobby, included in the room rate, are a great touch. The concierge staff, especially Lauren Vitale, went above and beyond her job description to get us dining reservations, handle all our special requests and accommodate us with a late check out. Her supervisor Sam, has a great talent for arts and crafts and assisted Lauren with our fun special requests. This is all before we got to our room. The room was divine. The Muse does not skimp anywhere. The mattress, linens and pillows were heavenly and the toiletries are abundant and luxurious. The restaurant/lounge has a fabulous vibe, and diverse drink and food choices. All of which I tried, were excellent; and the staff, equally excellent. Our stay could not have been better, I highly recommend this gem of a hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank downtimeprod
Dear downtimeprod,

Thank you for the thorough FIVE star review!

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us over fashion week! How awesome was that fashion truck? I know we all loved it as well and so pleased you were able to have a cool shopping experience.

We are thrilled to know our staff gave you exemplary service and provided assistance to ensuring your stay was one of a kind.

We look forward to having you stay with us again
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Once again our stay with your New York hotel was nothing short of excellent. I constantly tell my friends that the beds and linen within your group of hotels in by far the best in the industry (I've stayed The Muse Hotels in LA, Washington DC and New York). But the exceptional thing about these Kimpton Hotels are their service staff. In the world of big corporate and indifference Kimpton/Muse has managed to make each of our visits feel as we are staying with family. Extremely accommodating and exceptionally professional. Shout-outs especially to front desk staff Tony, Lauren, Barbara and once again big thanks to the manager Sarah for leading from the front and her hospitality. No second choices for me .. if there is a Muse in the city I visit, I will be sure to be staying at The Muse ... especially in New York where I travel often. Happy Chanukah and Merry Christmas to all staff.

Room Tip: I didn't click pool as I wasn't aware their may have been a pool but the gym helped get my g...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear BigBear1956,

Thank you for the AMAZING five star review.

We are so pleased to know how much you love our beds….we also thinks it’s like sleeping on clouds!

Thank you for mentioning our staff in giving you exemplary service.
We love that you are now a huge Kimpton fan and hope you are able to travel to many more of our hotels… but don’t forget to come back and see us again.

Happy Holidays