3,445 results
All reviewstimes squarewine hourwine receptionnew yorkcomplimentary winethe theater districthalf blockfront desk staffmini bareach eveningperfect locationgreat boutiquecupcakesstreet noisebroadway showby nyc standardshotel restaurant
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Brilliant location great room and great staff. Ideally situated for times square and the majority of the attractions.
Great price and the hotel is kept immaculate. Would recommend to anyone.
Join the free kimpton rewards program before you go and you get free wifi and 15$ to spend at the bar.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MichaelC13855
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Michael C,

Thank you for the review.

We are thrilled to know you enjoyed our location for your New York City stay.

Thank you for your Kimpton Intouch loyalty and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

We stayed for only two nights but could have enjoyed it for much longer. The Muse is centrally located, just a half a block from Times Square, walking distance to Rockefeller Center, Macy's and many fun tourist attractions. The room was very large, very large by any city's standards but especially so for NYC. We were on the 16th floor with a nice view of uptown. Our room was beautifully decorated and maintained. The hotel offered every amenity you need. They even left mini cupcakes w/blueberries for us to enjoy the first night. Another little touch, a chocolate taxi cab w/chocolate covered pretzels was also waiting for us to share. The front desk was pleasant and efficient. Yes, we highly recommend the Muse!

Room Tip: 16th floor was very nice
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear nodan7,

What a terrific review! We are happy to know that our hotel was the perfect location for your New York City getaway and that you also loved all the personal touches.

Thanks for all the recommendations you give us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights with friends and had a king deluxe room which was well appointed. It was very stylish with good amenities apart from the fact that there were no tea and coffee in the room and you had to pay for a bottle of water $9 which in my opinion is too high.

Location is definitely the main selling point of this hotel. We were able to walk everywhere we wanted. The subway was close, the sightseeing bus pick up was just down the street and there were plenty of lovely restaurants close by which we used for breakfast and dinner.

Staff were friendly and helpful but did appear quite pushy eg selling bus tour and airport transfers.

Would recommend and likely to stay here again if we came back to New York

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear MandMUk,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review.

We are thrilled you loved our location!

Thank you for feedback regarding our team. We will be sure to share your comments.

Please know we do provide complimentary coffee makers and tea kettles upon request and would love to ensure this on your next stay.

We hope to welcome you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stayed at the Muse Hotel from Thursday March 20th-Monday March 24th .
It was remarkable and I met several employees who I feel went above and beyond therefore I felt compelled to write this review.

Thursday morning:
I responded to an email I received confirming my Sunday reservation.
(The company was paying for Thursday, Friday and Saturday but I was paying for Sundays stay.)
In my email, I asked if I could keep the same room on Sunday night and not move my things when my reservation ended.
Very soon after, I received an email back from Brabara the Concierge saying it was all arranged.
I appreciated the prompt response because I knew ahead of time, I would not have to move my things on Sunday.
Already a great first impression formed.

Thursday Afternoon:
I arrived via taxi and immediately the very friendly Doormen David and Wacu were there to greet me and take my very heavy suitcase from the trunk.
They escorted me to the Front Desk and while walking from the street to the sidewalk told the Front Desk my name via headset.
I was able to check in right away as well, it was about 2:30 which was great.
I received some drink cards and a raid the bar ticket and David even bought my luggage up which I was very appreciaitive of.
He explained the area and features of the Hotel as well.
I also met the smiling Barbara the Concierge at check in time as well and thanked her for immediately responding to my email.
After a long train ride and very hairy, stressful cab ride I appreciated being made to feel like I was in a very warm and inviting environment and could immediately relax upon arrival.
Now I truly had proof that my first impression was correct.

On Thursday Pm:
I went to have dinner at the bar before the Kinky Boots show and Acalyn the bartender was nice enough to order me the Vegan Wrap and french fries without the cheese even though they were not on the regular bar menu. I had the food within 15 minutes.
I asked him to thank the kitchen for me. The service was excellent as was the food and drinks.
I appreciated the Vegan food and its timely arrival because I didn’t have to look for a nearby vegan restaurant before the show and rush to arrive on time.

On Thursday Pm:
A little later, I met Michael, another friendly doorman on my way out to the theater Thursday night,
He gave me perfect directions which was fantastic because I immediately was able to walk in the direction of the theater.
The next night he hailed me a taxi for the Billy Joel concert.
He worked a lot during my stay and numerous times hailed taxi’s and asked me how the shows I went to see were. He was extremely helpful, friendly and personable.

On Friday afternoon:
On Friday afternoon when I returned to my room around 4 pm, I was greeted by a lovely and appreciative note from Ruby The Housekeeper.
I had left her a tip and in all of my years of doing so at various other Hotels , this is the First time I received a thank you response back, needless to say I was blown away.
I Appreciated the fact that she always made my room perfect and took the time to write a Thank you note. This continued for the duration of my stay.

Saturday Night:
The last employee I have to compliment is Sarah, the Ast. Food and Beverage Manager.
She was always smiling and on Saturday I mentioned that I was headed to Brooklyn for the day on Sunday. I told her of the area was headed and why.
She wrote her cell phone number down on her business card and said to call or text her if I needed any information on Sunday regarding trains etc. because she lived in Brooklyn.
I truly appreciated that because I hasn’t been to Brooklyn in 20 years and a lot has changed since then.
Needless to say, I was blown away again and that gesture is completely above and beyond any expectation that I had of hospitality.

I have stayed in numerous Hotels over the years for work as well as vacations but this is the first time I have felt compelled to write.

All of these various employees with their thoughtfulness have made my guest experience at your Hotel truly memorable and I wanted to make sure that it was noted.

As a result, I cannot even imagine staying a different Hotel when I return to NYC and I would recommend the Muse to any friends/family travelling to NYC.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Eva M,

WOW!!!!!! Now this is a review that makes us all smile!

We love knowing what an impact our team has on our guests and we are thrilled knowing how our entire Muse team provided such an amazing experience.

We are so happy to know that you are now a new member of our family and look forward to welcoming you back many more times.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I could go on forever and not capture how perfect our stay was at the Muse. From the wonderful, personalized greeting for our ten year old daughter, to the friendly and helpful service in the restaurant, to the help when our daughter did not feel well and we needed to extend our trip by one day, everything was perfect. The executive suite was perfect for the three of us - it gave mom and dad a place to themselves while allowing our daughter to be comfortable. The exercise room was perfect for 40 minute free weight sessions. The bar has a great selection for all tastes. Sign up for In Touch, so you can have free wifi. Hope Anna is there to take care of you because she went above and beyond for us. Even housekeeping went out of their way to take care of us noting we were there a full week and our daughter did not feel well so working around and taking car of her needs. This hotel is in the middle of it all, but it is a relaxing, hip oasis you can retreat to at the end of the day.

Room Tip: As in most of NYC, the higher the room the better.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear DanM52,

Reviews like this make us smile! We are thrilled to know you enjoyed your stay with us and that the executive suite was the perfect room for your family.

We love hearing how our team personalizes our guests stay and thank you for the shout outs!

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to The Muse.