“Nice hotel with wonderful staff”
Review of Kimpton Muse Hotel

Kimpton Muse Hotel
Ranked #57 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Nice hotel with wonderful staff”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We spent four nights at the Muse and were very pleased. The room was well appointed and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and attentive. We especially enjoyed the restaurant, NIOS. It is cozy, charming, and very convenient. The food and drinks were excellent.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear Tim D,

Thank you for your FIVE star review.

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. It’s great that you were able to enjoy Nios as well.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (696)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Merrick, New York
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Had an amazing stay over the Easter weekend. Everything from start to finish of our stay was perfect. When we checked in we were upgraded to an amazing room with a balcony (1502) and there were surprises for my daughter who was celebrating her birthday that weekend. Everybody meet us feel special and important and very welcome. Special shout out to Sarah Sam Rohan and Valerie. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony you won't be disappointed.
Green Features: Great recycling practices and all environmentally friendly
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear edandmer,

What a fantastic review! We are thrilled that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us and so pleased we could help celebrate your daughter’s birthday.

Thank you for the shout outs! We have made sure to share this with the team.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 8 nights and chose this hotel based on reviews, we agree with the positive reviews and had a comfortable stay. The location is excellent and definitely good value in comparison to other hotels. The rooms do look like the pictures and they will not disappoint, bed was comfortable and the room was spacious and the shower was good. We ate breakfast at the hotel every morning it was adequate for what we needed. My only gripe is that I think there should be tea/ coffee facilities in the room, did annoy me that I had to wait to go down to the lobby to get a cup of tea in the morning. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this hotel and will stay here again when I next come to New York.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Mandy S,

Thank you for your review and your recent stay with us. We are thrilled your enjoyed our location as well as the rooms.

Please know while we do offer complimentary coffee and tea in the lobby during the mornings we actually do provide complementary coffee and tea makers upon request and would love to ensure one on your next visit. Please just speak with our team so we can set that up.

Tortola, British Virgin Islands
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This was our hotel of choice for a recent business trip to New York and I was not sure what to expect as we usually go for a larger hotel when on business but it turned out to be a great choice. Location was perfect for getting to our meetings - smack in the heart of midtown. Everyone we encountered at the hotel from check in through check out were great. I loved to uber contemporary somewhat funky feel of my room with the part wood floor, the wingback chairs...down to the bathrobe which was a tiger print. I was upgraded upon check in to an exec king room. It was very spacious, especially for this city. It was well laid out, very clean, bathroom was functional, comfortable bed and a proper desk from which I was able to work. The room actually had quite a bit of furniture in it but somehow, it did not feel crowded. Everything worked, Internet was great! Particularly when compared to the Fairmont in Toronto where I had been earlier. It was key for me to be able to catch up on work during my stay and the internet here did not disappoint.
We had dinner our first night at the hotel restaurant (Nios) and it was great. I had a meditteranean flatbread with a lovely Reisling. I also ate breakfast here on the last day of my stay and it was good. I tried room service for breakfast and dinner and again, not bad at all. Did not have to wait long and the food was good.
The room does not have coffee/tea and I am not sure why. Coffee and tea is provided daily in the lobby but I would much prefer to have it available in my room. They also offer wine in the lobby in the afternoon, daily I think. My colleague and I partook of this one of the evenings and it was a nice way to unwind. Oh and the bathrooms off the lobby are interesting, different...cute.

All of the staff that we encountered during our stay were pleasant and helpful especially guys at the door...they were really helpful.
I enjoyed my stay here for the most part. It made a refreshing change from the Hilton/Hyatt where we normally stay when on business in New York. I would definetly want to repeat the experience.

Room Tip: Splurge for a king room
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Valerie G
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear Valerie G,

Thank you for your review and choosing to stay with us during your visit to New York!

We are thrilled you enjoyed your room. We understand how important Wi-Fi connection is these days and so please to know that this was at great speed for you.

Thank you for mentioning Nios. We are so happy you enjoyed your dining experience.

Please know we actually do provide coffee and tea makers complimentary upon request and we would be happy to deliver this on your next stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Big Apple!
Philadelphia, Pa
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

We stay at a different hotel each time we are in New York and The Muse is definitely one of our favorites! We will be there again in July for a nice retreat and I can't wait!! The staff is wonderful, massages are Devine and the Bartender we had was hysterical! The rooms are comfortable and the beds feel like you are sleeping on clouds, also love the toiletries left for you.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Jamaica5195
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Jamaica5195,

Thank you so much for your incredible review!
We are thrilled to see the staff and services were to your liking.

We hope to continue to welcome you back to the Big Apple!
Wyckoff
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My husband and I chose this hotel based off of the good reviews it received on this and other travel sites. It was also a better value that many nearby properties I looked at with similar ratings. We wanted a hotel near to the theater where we were seeing a play, and stayed for one night as a romantic getaway. The check in was fast and easy. We asked for a pet free room and I think it was accommodated as the room was very clean and no hint of pets having stayed there. The bed was super comfy! We ordered room service in the morning for breakfast and that was really the only thing that went a little wrong, it came 35 minutes late and wasn't completely correct. The staff was very friendly and explained the kitchen was inundated with room service breakfast orders and fell behind. The valet service worked out well, the website says to allow 45mins for them to retrieve your car but it only took less than 20. I would recommend this hotel for the value given it's fantastic location. It was clean and felt spacious with high ceilings in our room ( we had an exec king room on 8th floor.) we joined the kimpton in touch program and got free wi-fi and a $15 voucher at check in we could use at bar or for mini-bar in room. I'd stay here again if going to see a play, as convenient to all major theaters.

Room Tip: Upper floors in Manhattan always preferable due to all the street traffic and noise all night, esp T...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear DMwyckoff,

Thank you for your review.

We are thrilled that you chose to stay with us for your Big Apple / theater getaway.

We do apologize about the delay in your room service being delivered and will ensure we are paying closer attention to these details in the future.

Thank you for joining the Kimpton Intouch program and we hope to welcome you back again.
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I reserved three rooms here over spring break; one for me, one for my parents, and one for my sister, BIL, and kids. The location was perfect; as with all Kimpton hotels, the customer service was excellent; and the rooms were great. Ya gotta love the wine reception each night (we definitely took advantage of that on several evenings!); though it would've been great if they had snacks for the kids every night (they only did on the first couple, for whatever reason). The kids *loved* the bathrooms off the lobby... who knew a restroom could be that entertaining?!? The front desk staff made excellent recommendations for restaurants, which was really appreciated. The only complaint I have is that my 8th floor room somehow smelled like sauteed onions and eggs every morning, which was kind of gross... but I'm not sure there's a lot they can do to control the exhaust from the restaurant or whatever that was. Overall, an excellent experience - I'd definitely stay here again when in NYC!!!

Room Tip: Room 813 got some food exhaust smells in the morning, but was otherwise great; and room 801 got ligh...
Green Features: They say they're green, in that they don't want to do laundry; but it's frustrating that they don't have recycling in the room (or anywhere n the hotel); hard for me to feel they're being particularly "green" when you don't do the basics.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 16bert16
Dear 16bert16,

Thank you for the FIVE star review.

We are thrilled that you and your family chose to stay with us. Thank you for mentioning our team as providing exemplary service.

We do apologize about the smell you experienced and will be sure to have our engineering team inspect this.