Kimpton Muse Hotel
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$228
US$197
  • Fitness centre
InterContinental New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$408
US$326
InterContinental
  • Room Service
Parker New York(New York City)
US$496
US$483
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$170
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Royalton Park Avenue(New York City)
US$327
US$272
Official Site
US$758
US$708
TrumpHotels.com
  • Pool
The Bentley Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$232
  • Room Service
Millennium Hilton New York Downtown(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$260
US$226
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$188
  • Restaurant
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$243
Agoda.com
3,374 results
All reviewstimes squarewine hourwine receptionnew yorkcomplimentary winethe theater districthalf blockmini barfront desk staffeach eveningperfect locationgreat boutiquecupcakesstreet noisebroadway showhotel restaurantby nyc standards
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My son and I stayed at the Muse for 2 nights over a weekend in April and had a wonderful time. When I made the reservation I mentioned that my son was celebrating a birthday and the staff made sure to not only acknowledge this when we checked in, but there was a wonderful gift from the hotel staff (a tray of chocolates) delivered to our room as well. The staff also helped us plan our short stay - recommending what to do and how to get there. I can't say enough about the service. As to the hotel, the lobby is small but without a crowded feel to it. I also like the coffee that was available in the lobby area every morning, although perhaps a coffee maker in the room might be my only recommendation for the future. This is a hotel to stay at if you do not want crowds that you could get at another hotel in Times Square. We got a room on an upper floor that was very quiet which was also nice. I highly recommend this hotel and would stay there again if in New York.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Judy G
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Judy G,

Thank you for the wonderful review!

We are so pleased we were able to help celebrate your son’s birthday and assist in making it a memorable occasion. Thank you for mentioning out team as providing exemplary service.

Please know we actually do have complimentary coffee makers upon request which we would be happy to have in your room for your arrival.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Rooms in NYC (especially in this area are not going to be cheap) but Muse was the best value ever. It is cozy without feeling crowded, beautifully decorated and laid out in an easy-to-use way. Can't say enough about the friendly service of the staff who all behave as if doing something extra for you is what they live for (except they do it in such an understated way) Also loved the free wine and beer in lobby in the afternoon.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a corner room. It was bigger than my sister's apt.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda K
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Linda K,

What is better than being called a ‘jewel’? We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for mentioning our team as providing exemplary service.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Had the pleasure of staying at The Muse for 7 nights. The room and view was fantastic. Staff, especially doormen were very helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. The room was spotless. Woodnt hesitate to stay here if we were visiting New York again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear strictlysuzie,

Thank you for the excellent review!

We are so happy you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I am surprised at the great reviews as I found the hotel very disappointing.The reception area and bar/restaurant were dark and our room was cold and noisy.There is no outside space at the hotel so would not be great in the summer.The reception staff were pleasant but we found the bar and restaurant staff less than friendly.I was looking forward to the Kimpton hosted wine hour but after arriving back to the hotel after a busy day the reception area was packed with people and dogs.You have to drink your wine in the reception and we were told if we wanted to sit in the adjacent empty bar we would have to pay for a drink and we could not take our wine with us.With the broken heating in the room and hardly sleeping because of the noise I certainly would not recommend this hotel.Although it is just off Times Square there are better places to stay.I preferred the Kimptons Eventi hotel and would stay there instead if I visit New York again.

Room Tip: Ask for an inside room as they are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear vanessa010165,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our location; however apologize about the dissatisfaction with your stay. We will look into anything that needs to be updated.

We do thank you for your comments regarding our team. We assure you this is certainly not the service we strive to achieve and will be sharing your comments as to learn from this.

With regards to the wine reception, unfortunately the drinks cannot be taken into the bar however please know we completely understand that the wine reception can be a popular time and be very busy in the lobby. You are more know you are more than welcome to bring the wine back to the room.

We hope we can welcome you back again. . Please reach out to us at tripadvisor@themusehotel.com before your stay so we can show you a great experience

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I really enjoyed this Hotel, it has the best location in town. The people are very nice in the lobby too.
The only problem is that I had plugged my iPod to listen to some music, but the next day it had vanished. I called the security once back in France where I had double-checked my luggage, but they never found it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Victoire d

Dear Victoire d,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We are happy to know that you enjoyed our location.

We do apologize about the missing item upon check out. We double checked with our security and housekeeping teams and unfortunately did not locate the item when you departed.

We hope we can welcome you back again.