“Great 2nd Stay”

Ranked #57 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Tennessee
“Great 2nd Stay”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed for the July 4th weekend. This was my second stay at the Muse and this time was great, just like the 1st. All the staff was very nice and helpful. We got an upgrade to a corner King Premier room on the 14th, which was nice, clean, quiet, and comfortable. We were celebrating my birthday and they had a bottle of champagne waiting at check in. We loved the wine reception every afternoon, it was a nice way to enjoy a drink and wind down after sightseeing all day. The location of the hotel is great, you can go one direction to Times Square(if you dare) and the other direction to Rockefeller center, Bryant Park, or 5th avenue for shopping. It is within walking distance to several subway stations. I will definitely stay at the Muse the next time I am in New York. Great place to Stay!

Room Tip: The corner room was a little bigger than the other rooms. Higher floors are better.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear amy7165,

Thank you for the FIVE star review.

Its great hearing that your second stay was as good as your first!

We are so happy that you had a great birthday with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (696)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Stamford, Ct.
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I am a Kimpton Inner Circle member, so I do get alot of amenities many Kimpton properties, but The Muse goes WAY above and beyond. My relationship with Kimpton started with The Muse in 2006. I was searching for hotels for out of town guests attending our wedding. I came into NYC (I am from Connecticut) on a Saturday and did not realize that "sales offices" are closed. I got everything from "come back during the week" to waiting for 15 minutes for security to escort me to a room. At The Muse, they just trusted me and handed me a key for an unoccupied room. That made my decision easy for me. My guests LOVED The Muse.

Since that time, I can not describe how well this hotel has treated me. I had one interaction (very positive) with a front desk member and was away from the hotel for over a year. When I came back, he remembered me BY NAME without looking at reservations with the warmest welcome you can imagine. The bell men all know me with a sincere "welcome back" every time I walk in the door. Front desk managers bend over backwards to get me my preferred amenities. Rooms are GORGEOUS and even their base rooms are large for NYC standards. Kimpton standard wine hour is offered.

This is a first class place that LOOKS like it may be a cold / snobbish hotel. The total opposite is the truth. I have ALWAYS received the best service with the warmest and most sincere staff I have ever experienced in any hotel. And this was the case as well even BEFORE I achieved Kimpton Inner Circle status. It is simply the way they treat all of their guests.

BTW, this hotel is priced on par with most NYC chain hotels, but the service an amenities are FAR beyond anything offered by other hotels. Why would you stay anywhere else in NYC?

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear TheGazz,

WOW! What an amazing review. We are blushing!

Thank you for being such a loyal Kimpton member and we appreciate your continued loyalty at The Muse Hotel as well.

Its great hearing how we welcome you back each and every time.

We look forward to welcoming you 'home' on your next visit!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Just returned from a 4 night stay during the July 4 holiday. The hotel is located in a great spot and the staff are very nice. But there was only 1 working elevator during our entire stay. My bed was terrible, saggy and uncomfortable. The air conditioning room vents are awkwardly placed as they are waist high off the ground and blow across the room.

Next time will try another hotel. One with working elevators would be an improvement.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank CR6408
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Clayface08,

Thank you for your review. It seems as though we missed the mark during your stay and we sincerely apologize about this.

One of our three elevators is currently being serviced to better care for our guests needs. This will be back up and running again soon.

We appreciate your comments and hope we have the chance to welcome you back again soon.

Please reach out to our managers at tripadvisor@themusehotel.com so we can personally welcome you back.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The location is great, just a block off Times Square, within a short walk to the SIX Broadway shows we saw during our four day stay. This is small hotel. The staff was friendly & helpful. The room was very clean, tastefully decorated but the thing that impressed me most was the BED. Wow.. the most comfortable ever. I am a freakishly light sleeper and I didn't stir once. So nice & quiet! Great hot shower, and excellent AC. Free coffee, free wine, delicious fruity water. Very comfortable stay. I wish I could remember the name of the doorman - older gentleman who helped us load our suitcases into car. He was so nice - told the driver to take good care of us. I said I am going to thank you in my review and he said you won't remember my name (it was unique, very proper sounding name). Darn if he wasn't right! But he was a gem! Thanks Muse! See you next time I'm in the Big Apple!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear shari L,

Thank you for an EXCELLENT review!

We are so pleased you loved our location and hotel.

Whats better then a great bed… we think its like sleeping on clouds!

Thank you for the shout outs regarding our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Big Apple soon.
Jupiter, Florida, United States
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Great stay - great room - nice people. There's a small lobby - it's not fancy. But the rooms are great and the staff is nice and it feels homey which is special, given that it's a block off Times Square. The concierge services are not great - dint come here needing lots of hand holding. But if you want a comfortable stay in a warm environment in the center of it all - this is perfect.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Jeff B,

Thank you for your review. Thank you for your continued loyalty.

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and you feel at home when with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 30 June 2014

You cannot beat the off-Times Square location. All the convenience of the location without the insane noise. Right up the street from the TKTS booth, if that's your thing. Rooms are typical-NY smallish, but beautifully appointed with everything you need. Free lobby coffee and wine reception, like all Kimpton properties. I won't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Muhlyssa
ManagerMuse, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Muhlyssa,

Shhh we will keep your secret. However, sometimes its nice to share.

We are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back again.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We won 2-nights at The Muse Hotel in a charitable silent auction and spent this past weekend there. We are big fans of Kimpton Hotels - we've stayed at several previously. The Muse is smack in the middle of midtown Manhattan (the theatre district), but well enough away to avoid the frantic pace and noise. We had a room on the 16th floor, so it was quiet and comfortable.

The hotel is one block from the theatre district and a 5-10 minute walk to Fifth Avenue, Central Park and lots of other major sites. There are many, many good restaurants in the area.

The Muse staff is friendly and welcoming. The small (by NY standards) lobby has coffee and tea available in the morning, a very refreshing lemon or strawberry water throughout the day (very welcoming in the summer) and a wine reception in the event.

As with all Kimptons, the beds were extremely comfortable, the pillows are amazing, and it was just a really great visit. A very well trained hotel staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank elaine212
Dear elaine212,

We love you too!

We are so happy you were able to stay with us and continue your Kimpton hotel journey!

Its great knowing you were able to enjoy the extra amenities we had to offer during your stay.

We hope to welcome you back again.