“Comfortable hotel, nicely appointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kimpton Muse Hotel

Kimpton Muse Hotel
Ranked #49 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Yardley, PA
“Comfortable hotel, nicely appointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2009

My wife and I came to New York for two days/one night stay both to enjoy a short relaxing getaway to NYC for leisure/relaxation, but also to take care of getting our Brazil visa in-person from the nearest consulate to where we live in PA (long story short, we did not have time to mail away our passports to have this taken care of by-mail). I researched the hotels within a few blocks of where the Brazilian consulate building was located at Ave of the Americas and 47th Street, and appeared to be the best valued hotel with a 4-5 star rating. When we are in Manhattan, we usually stay at the Michelangelo Hotel which is our favorite NYC hotel, but for this particular trip we wanted to be very close to the Brazil consulate so that the next AM we could be early in line to apply for our Brazil visa in-person. Also, we did not want to fork over the $ this time, for this quick trip. Our Muse Hotel room was tastefully appointed in a somewhat hip Greek moderne style, comfortable with a nice bathroom with good fixtures, and surprised us pleasantly with a roomy balcony that overlooked some Manhattan skyline, with some of the Times Square lighted dynamic billbpards visible in the distance! We lounged for a bit on some deck chairs on that balcony that evening we arrived, and it was very pleasant as a cool breeze was blowing at that time. I do not think that many of their rooms have balconies, so if one is desired then I would ask for a balcony room when booking. In sum, I would definitely stay at the Muse Hotel again if it suited me location-wise on my next trip to Manhattan, and if the price is right (which it was, on our recent trip there).

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2009
Dear guest,
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us at the Muse New York. I'm so happy that everything was enjoyable, and I'm glad you gave our hotel a try for this visit. I hope we'll be able to welcome you back again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (691)
  • Polish first
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2009

For visitors to the Theater District, the Muse is worth considering. I selected this hotel as it was in walking district to a conference I was attending. I try to avoid the congested tourist areas and business people might found the tour package crowds in the lobby and the street noise a distraction but, all in all, this hotel was better than expected. I generally seek out Kimpton properties and they rarely disappoint. As a Kimpton member I get free internet -- definitely an incentive.

The only drawback to the Muse is that it can be tough to find a taxi out front during peak hours. They need to have one more employee on duty just to go cab hunting.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2009

High end hotel in a great location for seeing the city. New, comfortable rooms and great staff. We were on vacation with two teenagers and all of us thought this was a great hotel. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank UnitedStatesVacation
Houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2009

I chose this hotel for a girl's trip to NYC based on the great reviews on TripAdvisor. It was as wonderful as everyone said! Our room was ready early and check-in couldn't have been easier. At the end of our first full day I was excited to walk into the room and find a bottle of wine and little desserts. After each long day of shopping and sight-seeing, we would return to a small surprise along with an extremely clean room. I went on the Kimpton website before our trip and joined their InTouch program. It's completely free and is worth looking into. Our stay was amazing and I would recommend it to anyone wanting a smaller hotel with excellent service near Times Square.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
Medina, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2009

My wife and I have been to NYC before and we decided to try the Muse based on reviews we read here. We could not be happier! We arrived in the city early and went right to the Muse to drop off our bags before a day of sightseeing. Much to our surprise the room was not only ready at 10am but we we were given a complimentary upgrade to an Executive Suite. This was much appreciated as we were traveling with our two boys. The room was spotless and huge - a separate bedroom with a King bed and chaise lounge, a sitting room with chair and a pull-out couch and plasma screens in both rooms. The bath was bigger than my master bath at home and bigger than some rooms I've seen in NYC! The bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in and my wife agreed. I normally have trouble sleeping on anything other than my own bed and I slept better at the Muse than at home.
The public areas were very clean and nicely decorated in a very contemporary motif (as you can see by the photos on this site). There is contemporary seating in the lobby and multiple plasma screens showing artistic video from around NYC. I especially liked the public restrooms off the lobby.
I asked for assistance at the front desk a couple times for directions and hours at a museum and the staff went out of their way to find the information I was looking for. They also told us to call when we were ready to have the pull-out couch made-up for the night.
The complimentary wine reception in the evening was a nice touch. It gave us a chance to wind down after a day of sightseeing and visit with some of the other guests as well as the staff. They even had popsicles and a Wii for the kids.
The location was perfect. A half block to Times Square and easy walking distance to Rockefeller Center, Central Park and the subway. If you prefer to take a cab, the door man would hail one with a quick whistle and it arrived promptly (the boys thought this was the coolest thing).
They will store your bags for you both before check-in and after check-out. We did have a charge on our bill at check-out for a mini from the minibar. My wife told them that we took nothing from the minibar and they removed it from the bill no questions asked.
I would highly recommend the Muse for any visit to the Big Apple (Business or Leisure) and will definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Uey
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2009
Dear Uey,
I want to thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Muse New York! I can see that you had a fantastic time, and we appreciate your feedback. I hope we'll be welcoming you back soon!
Fort Lauderdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2009

... because if this place gets too popular I won't be able to book a room here again (and I will certainly return given the opportunity!)

High floor - only heard a fire truck once - no noise at all.
Free upgrade to a larger room.
Room ready when we arrived at 10:00 am.
Super comfortable bed.
Treats (chocolate and bubbly) in our room for my wife's birthday.
Check-in took 2 minutes. Check out took 1 minute.
Great air-conditioning.
Elevator was quck.
Cofee in the morning was fantastic.
Wine reception at 5:00 preps you for evening.
Free internet access.
Mini-bar with affordable prices & $10 coupon.
Clean, spacious room and bathroom (for NYC).
Nightly turndown service.
Morning newspapers (The Times and USA Today)
Responsive concierge service.
Responsive and attentive doormen.
Near everything in Times Square.
Away from everything in Times Square.
Good Hotel Restaurant (NIOS)
Good restaurants near hotel (Havana Central -Cuban and Utsav - Indian)

Reluctantly I recommend this hotel because the more people who know about the hotel the more popular it will become and soon we will not be able to stay here anymore.

We absolutely loved our stay at The Muse.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank juanyvonne
montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2009

We booked our stay for 3 nights based on a great price point and the reviews here on trip advisor. The location is just steps away from the hustle and bustle of time square but the hotel itself remains a calm oasis of soothing relaxation. We booked an executive suite for my husband, myself and our two young children. The room was massive by new york standards. The bathroom itself is as large as some rooms I have stayed in in manhattan. The hotel is very service oriented and everyone is friendly, accomadating and cheerful. The restaurant seems like a very chic hangout with locals lining the bar before dinner but they were happy to accomadate my 12 year old. While she munched on one of the best burgers she has ever had I was able to soak up a little manhattan ambience. Our stay was flawless, the staff superior and the room divine. Cannot wait until next time.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family