3,454 results
All reviews times square wine hour wine reception new york complimentary wine the theater district half block front desk staff mini bar each evening perfect location great boutique cupcakes street noise broadway show by nyc standards hotel restaurant
Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

Everything started off great. Check in was quick and easy, which was good because traffic caused us to be late for dinner. We ran to our room, dropped of our belongings, and out the door to dinner. When we got back to the hotel around 11pm we were disappointed to see there was no late night room service and were left with snacks from a drawer. This was not the real issue but a bit disappointing. The REAL problem came the next day at check out. We called ahead as the valet ticket stated, gathered our belongings and headed doorstairs. After checking out we were informed our vehicle had not arrived yet and it would be here momentarily. After 20 minutes and watching several other people get cars that called after us, the valet asked us for our ticket. He called it in again to discover the front desk never called for our car when we called from the room. Another 20 minutes pass and still no car. At that point I became frustrated and the valet escorted me to the counter so he could get a manager. When the manager came out I asked where the car was located because at this point I would walk and get it myself. Instead of offering to have her staff get it, she proceeded to tell me the address of the parking company and blame them. By the time she was done blaming everyone else, the front desk person had reached the parking company and advised the car had already left the garage and was on its way. I asked the manager to refund me the $59 parking fee since the parking service was so terrible. She asked my room number and advised she would. At that point our vehicle finally arrived one hour and 3 minutes from the first call. I was delighted to see when I got home my $59 parking charge had been refunded, but not a word of apology from the manager.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrboals
Steven W, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience. I am pleased to hear that you had a smooth and happy check-in. I am sorry to hear that your car was delayed in its arrival from valet. I am happy to hear that management refunded your charge for valet due to the inconvenience you encountered. We hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

The muse is everything you could possibly desire in an NYC hotel. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

1.) friendly efficient check in (thank you Daniel!)
2.) clean spacious room
3.) fluffy bath robes (essential to any hotel stay)
4.) AMAZING SHOWER PRESSURE - honestly cannot speak highly enough about the shower experience overall. The bath products smell incredible- first time in my life I️ could consider buying the products used at a hotel!
5.) convenient location

and if you forget any personal items during your stay the muse will deliver them to your room - tweezers, chargers, you name I️t! What more could you ask for?

The muse is my home away from home and I️ cannot recommend I️t enough!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Phoenixporcelli

Thank you for the perfect 5 star review of The Muse Hotel! We greatly appreciate you amazing and detailed compliments to our amenities and staff! It was a pleasure having you stay with us! We can not wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed 12 November 2017

May daughter and I just returned today from a 3 night stay at Kimpton Muse. We were excited to stay at this hotel and appreciated the location to Times Square. For some reason we were assigned to a handicap accessible room which provided slightly more room. With that said, room was clean and in decent condition. A couple of bath need replaced. I also thought the sheets need freshened up as they seemed dingy.

The hotel staff were not friendly at all. No greeting...how may I help...

Price warrants a higher level of service than what we received.

Room Tip: ask for a higher room. we were on floor 7 and could hear lots of street noise
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank grammyelaina
Steven W, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience while staying with us. I am pleased to hear that you received a Handicap Accessible room which are larger in size. I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with the staff not being friendly. As you can read in previous reviews our staff are always raved about for being friendly and helpful. I would like to speak with you further about the specifics of your interact. Feel free to email me at Steven.Wilson@TheMuseHotel.com.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

The location of the Kimpton Muse is by far its greatest selling point, a block from Times Square, close to high end shopping, Central Park and the subway. The service could use some work. At a boutique hotel, and especially the Kimpton brand, I expect better than average service. The service here was comparable to a large chain hotel. There was no one greeting you at the door or at the front desk. The lobby is small, cramped and there isn’t much going on there. As far as location goes for access to anything in midtown, the Kimpton Muse can’t be beat. If only they could step up the service, this hotel would be a gem!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank mygavin03

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience while staying with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location of our property. I am a bit perplexed as to when there was no staff to greet you. This has never happened before and we take this very serious. Feel free to reach out to me directly so we can speak more specifically at Steven.Wilson@TheMuseHotel.com.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

My wife and I booked a short break to New York and having stayed in the Muse on business thought I would return. The location is fantastic, the staff are brilliant, the rooms are lovely and the public areas of the hotel are excellent.

A lovely stay - thank you.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Steven W, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

Thank you Joe for the perfect 5 star review of The Muse Hotel! We greatly appreciate all of your compliments to our property and our brilliant staff! We can not wait to welcome you back again!