Kimpton Muse Hotel
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$206
  • Fitness centre
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$218
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$270
US$239
  • Pool
US$431
US$397
  • Room Service
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$309
US$281
Hotels.com
US$497
US$412
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$203
US$171
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$381
US$207
Official Site
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$170
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$172
  • Breakfast included
3,374 results
All reviewstimes squarewine hourwine receptionnew yorkcomplimentary winethe theater districthalf blockmini barfront desk staffeach eveningperfect locationgreat boutiquecupcakesstreet noisebroadway showhotel restaurantby nyc standards
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 May 2010

New York was the first stop on a trip through 4 US cities. We've visited New York many times before and following positive reviews and plenty of searching we decided to stay at the Muse.

The Muse is located just off Times Square. It's subjective but having stayed at other hotels around New York I prefer to stay close to the hustle and bustle of mid town Manhattan. This was perfect for the bars, restaurants and shopping of mid town and close to the metro to get to other New York attractions.

Check in was easy and the small but attracive lobby was served by excellent and friendly staff (and at times an overpampered dog). In fact the staff were one fo the highlights of the hotel. Always friendly and helpful, at times they went out of their way for us.

Our room was as we expected for a New York boutique, small but well fitted. A large flatscreen TV was equipped with a fantastic cable package which gave us access to more channels than we have at home and the bathroom was attractive and immaculate. The room was very well insulated, despite being so close to Times Square we heard no noise at all from there (well not strictly true we heard the controlled explosion from the failed bomb but that was an exceptional event). There was no view but then again this is New York.

Unfortunately the room did have 2 flaws. Firstly the air conditioning although efficient when on was as noisy as a jet engine. It was impossible to sleep with it on. We stayed at 4 hotels on this trip all with airconditioning and this was the noisiest by far. In a city where it gets hot better air conditioning should be expected. Secondly the bed. It was large but clearly the mattress was old. A groove (more of a valley in fact) had been worn in one side of the bed whcih meant I felt quite separated from my wife. This made for a poor sleep experience at the hotel.

Overall the staff and location made this a positive experience (and I'm sure it's helped by the fact that, as always, I enjoyed New York) so I gave the hotel a generous mark. I could easily have downgraded it to 3 stars because of the bed but who wants to sleep in New York anyway.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2010

We stayed at the Muse Hotel for 4 nights in May 2010. I liked the hotel it was very modern and funky. The foyer was warm and inviting. The bedroom was a good size and the bed was very comfortable though a little soft. Nice TV and Ipod decking station. Thought the bathroom could have done with a revamp and looked a little dated. The staff were very helpful and printed off our boarding passes for us. Free internet if a intouch member was fab. As it was my bday, they left a nice card and cupcakes in my bedroom which was a lovely touch. Fab location, down the road from times square, very close to subway and TOTR and 5th Ave. Hosted wine reception was a great positive and so was free coffee and tea in the morning. Only negative was that we found the room very noisy and the lack of a decent view was disappointing (we could see a wall). Overall though would recommend this hotel if you want to be near times square. I wouldn't recommend it if you prefer to be in a quieter area. NB we booked our room through their website and the final taxes are added on when you check out so beware esp if you are from UK and are used to taxes etc being included in the prices! the prices on the website are not the final price!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2010

The Muse Hotel is a great find in the city of a thousand choices. The staff are all well trained, knowledgeable and could'nt do enough to help. We had a king room and we were impressed with the size for a New York hotel, the beds was the most comfortable ever and the room was cleaned daily to a high standard. The daily wine hour is a great idea as is the free coffee on a morning. We visited several lovely restaurants the highlights being Keens Chophouse and Avra Greek restaurant (both must be booked before departure) Holiday must a visit to the Top of the Rock and also a NY waterway harbour cruise.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2010

Dear DarloBob,
We appreciate you taking the time to share a review of your stay with us at The Muse New York. I'm happy to hear that you found our staff to be well trained, knowledgeable, and helpful! We look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed 12 May 2010

Booked to stay at The Muse for 4 nights as a suprise for my partners 40th birthday.We were very pleased with the hotel. Our room was very nice and had the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The location is fantastic, just off times square and a short walk to the rockefeller and 5th Avenue.

On the day we were due to leave the Iceland volcano blew and our flight was cancelled. I went to see the duty manager and he could not have been more helpful. He arranged for us to stay in our room indefinatly (which turned out to be a further 9 days) at the special rate I had booked at with Expedia which was nearly half the normal rate.

During our extended stay the staff were all very friendly and helpfull and sympathised with our plight.

If you do stay her make a point of having an evening meal in the resteraunt as it is very good.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2010

My only complaint about the Muse is that it is often full when I want to stay there. Overall it is my favourite hotel in New York. It doesn't try to do anything too flashy, it just does the basics well. Free internet if you're registered in their rewards programme (overpriced internet is the single thing I loathe most about many hotels), friendly staff, small enough to not feel anonymous. It doesn't have the views that some of the mega-hotels in mega-buildings have but it's comfortable and reliable and just feels like a nice place to be.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Muse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2010

Dear Afeathers,
Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us at The Muse New York. We're so happy to hear that you enjoy your time at our hotel and we hope to continue seeing you in the future!