“Great Location.”

Ranked #382 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Great Location.”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

What we most enjoyed of this hotel was its amazing location. Just around the corner we had Grand Central Station, Bryant, Park, the Public Library, etc. The room was Ok, big, with a king size bed. We booked an standard room but we had an upgrade offered at soon as we arrived. The room was a little dark, but very clean, with good size and a very large and comfortable bathroom. The restaurant downstairs called Benjamin Steakhouse was good and crowded every night. The staff was excellent. But again, the best thing about staying here is that is great located.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 10 March 2013

The front desk is attentive and well organized when I checked in they hasn't received my reservation from kayak yet (avoid kayak if you can!) kayak was also closed for the night, it took about 15 minutes but the manager stopped what he was doing and did everything he could to find out exactly what travel company kayak booked from (Travelocity) and went above and beyond to get the reservation info and then upgraded my room for my wait (which was not the fault of the hotel) the rooms are 220 sq feet a decent size for manhattan and very clean. Room service is available from the Benjamin steakhouse although expensive they are quick even when the restaurant is packed.

My only problems
No doorman/bellman to bring your bags upstairs or open the truly heavy doors!
The hotel is poorly marked and very hard to find, had I not read a review saying to look for the Benjamin steakhouse instead I would've walked past it more than once.
They claim to have bathrobes in the rooms 2 separate stays no bathrobes although I'm sure they would send one up if I asked.
They're aren't a lot of electrical outlets available. I had to unplug two lights to plug my phone in near my bed.

Otherwise it's modern up to date and a great value for the price!

• Stayed March 2013
Cirencester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2013

4 star in the UK very different to 4 star in New York. Checked into Hotel late on Saturday evening, Not at all happy with the room we were given. Tired, cramp and not 4 star standard. Asked at reception if we could be moved, they showed us two other rooms and we moved to what they called an upgraded room. We were there for three nights and I have to say, although the hotel did not WOW me, it was a great location. On arrival I was tired from travellng for 10 hours, The purpose of our trip was to visit New York. The Dylan Hotel was an excellent location for a three day visit. Central Park Station a block away a $2.25 ride to Ground Zero on the tube. Empire State Building, Time Squre, Rockefella Center, Central Park and 5th Avenue all within walking distance. Location is what this Hotel is about.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tracey G
palmyra nj
Reviewed 29 January 2013

I stay in NY several times a year. I have found this to be the nicest hotel I have stayed at in the city. Every chance I get I stay here. It is in a great location, close to time square and the shopping place (MACY and other stores. There rooms are so nice and very clean. The beds are so soft. The staff is very pleasant and there is a nice bar/restaurant down stairs. So ladies you can dress as nice as you want and not have to walk far at all. But if I was to recommend a place to stay in the city this would be it.

Room Tip: I stay in NY several times a year. I have found this to be the nicest hotel I have stayed at in the...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank lovebug1975
Gardner, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 29 January 2013

I booked The Dylan Hotel through Expedia and what I thought would be a good stay wasn't. All the amenities that were mentioned weren't available, for instance there wasn't a DVD/VCR player, a fireplace, or a city view. I got the executive room and it definitely wasn't 275 square feet like it said in the description. Also there wasn't a microwave which I thought was weird but it wasn't one the listed amenities but it would have been convenient. I will not be staying there again due to false advertisement.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Marigene J

Travellers are raving about these New York City hotels

St. Anton
Reviewed 23 January 2013

5 days at this hotel (although on business) was not the best experience ever.

Staff at reception was nice and they upgraded me on arrival to a larger room.
If they had given me the room originally reserved, which was apparently smaller, it would have become rather claustrophobic.

The room and furniture was very old and I found stains of dirt on both carpet and furniture, which is really disgusting – at any hotel.

The restaurant is very nice and the food is excellent at lunch time and for dinner. However breakfast was quite disappointing – very few things to chose from.

For the amount of money paid for this hotel, it is very overrated – and the pictures from their website don’t match the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Lxbourg
Reviewed 19 January 2013 via mobile

+ situated next to Grand Cenral Station and Public Library
+ very nice and helpful staff (Big thanks to Mr. Lobsang!)
+ Free WLAN (but slow connection)
+ Executive room was very spacious - with desk, large and comfy bed, chair
+ Shower is big - enough Space in bathroom shelves
+ Free Gift in our room (a coffee mug)
+ fast elevators
+ cleanness in room (thanks to housekeeping staff) and Hotel
+ whole Body mirror

- insufficient light in the room
- Shower Head could be renewed
- there could be better Protection from water Splash - maybe a Shower curtain or a door
- TV channels