Dylan Hotel NYC
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$194
US$382
US$339
  • Restaurant
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$314
US$269
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$170
US$149
Triumph Hotels
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$157
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$152
  • Pool
US$423
US$391
  • Room Service
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$297
US$247
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$147
Agoda.com
  • Fitness centre
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$280
US$92
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgrand central stationbenjamin steakhousegreat locationnew yorkdrinking glassespershing squarebryant parkwake up callfront desk stafftimes squaresmall hotelchrysler buildingfew blocksnycconditionermidtownshampoo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We stayed at the Dylan for five nights in early November. Overall, it was quite acceptable. Yes, it was very expensive, but not for the location. In another city, I would be distraught that we did not receive a much nicer room and experience for the amount we paid. However, Manhattan is expensive. When we go back, I would consider paying an additional $50 per night for a slightly nicer hotel; however, in this price range, this was fine.

Cleanliness. Our room was very clean. I tend to be obsessed by cleanliness so, if I say it was clean, it was clean.

Room Size. We had an Executive King room. Although no one would mistake it for big or oversized, it was a standard-sized hotel room. That is unusual for New York. If you want a place to hang out, this is not the room you want. However, if you are looking for a place to sleep and shower, the room is fine.

Bed Comfort. The bed was extremely comfortable. The bedding was adequate, clean and comfortable. The pillows, on the other hand, were somewhat hard.

Bathroom. The shower was spacious, clean and had a great showerhead. Plenty of hot water. The toilet is an off-brand and had flushing problems for part of our stay. The staff attempted to fix the problem promptly upon request. There was no counter on which to put a shaving kit or make-up bag. The bathroom is attractive.

HVAC. We were on the 14th floor facing the back of the building. The outside temperature was in the 50s during the day and low 40s at night. Our room was too hot, and the air conditioning shuts off in the winter. With the window wide-open day and night it was still a bit too warm.

Room Décor and Furnishings. Nothing interesting. Although the mattress and television are new, the rest of the furniture and carpeting are a bit old. There is a safe and small refrigerator.

Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi is free and, although it was not perfect, it worked as well as it does in most hotels.

Service. This is a no frills hotel. No doorman. No porter. However, the desk people and the cleaning people, in our limited experience, were pleasant and helpful. The desk clerk printed a document for me, and sent a signed document by email for me, without charge. They held our bags for four hours after checkout without charge.

Building Condition. Worn. The owners should do something to make the lobby more attractive.

Building Amenities. Not much. There is a computer but it did not work much of the time we were there. There is a workout room, but it is a waste of space.

Restaurant. We had one meal at the Benjamin Steak House. It was excellent. I have no idea about breakfast. Food is not included in standard hotel prices.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel and upper floors are quieter, but the elevator is slow and the the front of the hotel has a slightly better view and more breeze.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a night. The hotel decor tries to be modern. However, it so simple and colors are bland. The room had a king bed, and that is not easy to find. The bathroom was very nice. Yet, not enough room to put toiletries. The biggest complaint was the room temperate. It was way too warm. AC was not an option and we were both toasting. This heating situation will probably make me think twice about staying here. But overall it was a nice hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Nani1212
Reviewed 4 November 2013

TV reception and range of stations are poor;no pay for view facility;but price,convenience,free wifi,free breakfast,proximity to center city all add to a nice experience.helpful staff(helped me with luggage to bus stop,which takes you to major airports)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for a week. We found it great location wise within walking distance of Empire State, Times Square, port authority and a whole lot of other places. If you stay here you must try the Benjamin steakhouse which is adjoining the hotel the food is great and the service is exceptional hence why the price is on the higher end compared to most restaurants. Only thing is that this hotel has no bar which would have been nice for a relaxing drink after a busy day but there are plenty of nice bars around it. The guy on the reception was great I think his name was Raymond! Very helpful. Room was not huge but enough for the two of us who goes to New York and stays in their room anyway! Room was spotless and lovely marble bathrooms. I cannot find any problem with this hotel the location is just fantastic. I would have no problem recommending this hotel for anyone. We had a view of a brick wall but who cares I wasn't there to look out my bedroom window! Rooms were quiet at night with black out drapes. I had a great trip and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa3Kilkenny
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I am afraid this sounds too critical, But I do think the hotel could use some tweaking to raise the comfort level. For example, and it is a small thing, it would have been nice had we been greeted when we walked in the door.. We stayed 3 days. The desk clerks were glued to their computers. Not even a nod or a glance. Nothing like the friendliness of the Yale Club, (which was booked.)The bed was too bouncy. The bath room had lots of form, but , alas, no function.. No place to put on your face. One hook for towels. A few more hooks are needed !! No where to hang towels. The wifi was given to disconnecting frequently so that was a downer. Coffee cups so tiny I could not put my finger in the holder. One electrical plug not working And very few outlets. Oh, and Very poor lighting. I needed a miners helmet to read in bed. Not even enough overhead light to see into my suitcase. The heat dial for the shower was awkward to operate. All small things but they add up to I don't want to return

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple