“Clean, quiet, easy access, great location”
Review of Dylan Hotel NYC

Dylan Hotel NYC
Ranked #382 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Medicine Hat
“Clean, quiet, easy access, great location”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I was very pleased with the price, accommodations, and location of this hotel. It was nice and quiet and a quick walk to grand central terminal. Cozy room, but that's all we needed. The Benjamin restaurant attached was absolutely amazing.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Poughkeepsie, NY
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This hotel's not for everyone. Read everything carefully. But if you have traveled a great deal in Europe, much about this place will be familiar. It's quirky. Not cookie-cutter. But very spacious for a hotel of it's type. Bed was comfortable/spacious Well appointed. Extremely professional staff - I felt like I was in London. And the were extremely helpful.
Will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Was on a last minute business trip and found this hotel. For the price (300$ CAD/night) it was reasonable for the area. I never stayed in NYC before, so I cannot compare the room size, but it had the bare minimum. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The room was freezing cold though and no matter how much I played with the controls, it didn't make any difference. I ended up turning the unit off and it was still very comfortable. I would recommend you do that if you find that it is too cold.

I had a room (#504) facing the front of the hotel and it was in a corner next to an emergency exit and it was super loud. I had trouble sleeping at night because of the noise. I think they were doing some kind of demolition on the street or something. Maybe try to get a room in the back of the hotel, but considering it's NYC, I don't know if you can really escape the noise.

When checking in, I was asked if I wanted a smoking room. I was shocked that such a thing still existed in this day and age. The employee told me that there was still 1 floor dedicated to smoking rooms. I didn't inquire about which floor it was, but my room didn't smell smoke at all. If you worry, you can inquire.

Overall, it was a comfortable stay despite the lack of sleep. The wifi was free, but I was never able to get a descent signal from the room on my iPhone. My laptop was able to get a signal without issue. Do keep that in mind if you plan to travel only with your smartphone.

1 Thank bobmtb
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 23 June 2014

On a quick overnight business trip and many Grand Central Station-area hotels sold out, I took a chance on the Dylan. This chic-ish hotel had a small, well-appointed lobby with a European flair. The hallways to the room were very cool and stylish. The room was surprisingly large by NYC standards. My room(4th floor) didn't have a view but since I was only there for less than 12 hours, I didn't care. I would recommend a higher floor where possible.

Bathroom was modern, well-appointed and clean. The bed was super comfortable. The iHome clock radio and bedside phone were in operable but my iPhone and iPad have alarm clocks so, again, I didn't endure an inconvenience as my visit was short.

Check in/out was easy and the staff I encountered were professional, courteous and friendly. Great location and easy to get to my work meetings.

Room Tip: High floor - ask first about a view.
1 Thank Mark F
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Good location in Manhattan at Murray Hill. Very good breakfast, good size rooms, beds and pillows, very clean and hospitable crew. The restaurant is a very good and famous steakhouse. I recommend for both business and leisure.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank José Ernesto M
San Diego, California
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This hotel is conveniently located near Grand Central Station so very convenient for the airport shuttle and if you need to take the train to other parts of the East Coast. It is a Spanish hotel so lots of clients there smoke even if prohibited.
You know because the smell circulates in the AC vents and it comes through into your room. Even at night it is impossible to smell fresh air. The AC is at full blast, probably because of the smoke reason and even when put in low setting, it still makes your room cold.
Will not stay there again because of the smoke smell!

1 Thank See_Italy15

Travellers are raving about these New York City hotels

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We chose The Dylan for its great location right round the corner from Grand Central Station. We arrived mid afternoon but the reception staff seemed to have difficulty locating a room for us. When we did arrive at the room it was still being cleaned.

The room itself was at the back of the hotel with no view but that didn't really concern us. The room was of adequate size and well cleaned. The bathroom had good modern fittings and nice toiletries. The bed was comfortable and the a/c excellent, although with no in room controls.

There was some noise in the room late at night from other residents, doors slamming and some shouting

Overall this was a good choice at a fair price and I would stay again

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple