1,023 results
All reviews grand central station benjamin steakhouse great location new york pershing square bryant park public library wake up call times square front desk staff chrysler building small hotel few blocks benjamins nyc subway midtown
Reviewed 22 June 2018

Our recent stay at the Dylan Hotel was disappointing from the perspective of the poor room & amenity experience and the high price we paid to stay there. This is not a "boutique" hotel as described on their website. It is rather best described as a cheap "motel" stay. Our room was dark and depressing. Lighting was poor. Furniture was worn and dated. Thermostat did not work. Engineering had to visit the room twice. Once to fix the thermostat and again because of poor TV reception. As well, Internet reception in the room was poor. The only upside of the stay was the midtown location which was close to Bryant Park & Central Station. We will not stay at the Dylan Hotel again as rooms definitely need an update. There are much better options available elsewhere in NYC.

Room Tip: stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DaveThorpe
Matthew D, General Manager at Dylan Hotel NYC, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Mr. Thorpe,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your accommodations. The Dylan Hotel is certainly a boutique hotel. The hotel has a great history. The Chemist Club built the property in 1910 and was active until 1980.

We certainly hear your concerns about lighting. We are going to address each and every one of the items you mention. In fact, The Dylan Hotel will begin renovations that will certainly provide you all the reasons to return and see us again. I will be happy to assist you once complete and I believe you will see that The Dylan Hotel is one of the best choices in accommodations in NYC.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

There was always an easy way to get to and from the hotel. I had my two young kids with me and walking distancenwas important. Next to pharmacy and fresh food non expensive restaurants. Rooms were big enough to accomodate all our bags. AC was working perfectly. No outside noise. Friendly staff.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank familiadeicaza
Matthew D, General Manager at Dylan Hotel NYC, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear familiadeicaza,

Thank you for your FIVE STAR REVIEW! We are very happy our hotel and location worked so well for you and your family. As you experienced, our rooms are large and especially so by NYC standards. A quiet location close to all conveniences makes for such a nice stay. We hope you had a great time in New York. Please let us know when you would like to return so we can help you with your next stay with us at The Dylan Hotel!

Reviewed 16 June 2018

Ended up with the Dylan Hotel through a Hot Rate on Hotwire and was extremely happy with the price, location, room and amenities.

The staff was impeccable - professional and courteous. I travelled to NYC with my mom, four aunts and an uncle; 6 senior citizens who had never been to New York before. The staff was so kind and helpful as they were peppered with questions about where things were, how the subway worked, etc. They made a great hotel even better.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Brad M

Dear BradM,

Thank you for your FIVE STAR REVIEW!!!! We are very, very happy you and your family had such a nice stay. We enjoyed having you with us and meeting your family. We understand how overwhelming NYC can be and like to get everybody comfortable with their surroundings. We applaud your skills as a tour director! When you are ready for your next trip, let us know so we can take care of you. We will match any price you see online and give you a complimentary upgrade when you book directly with us. Hope you got lots of nice pictures with your family!

Reviewed 14 June 2018

Nice clean hotel in a great central location. Large rooms/beds with great soundproofing which housed 4 of us for 4 nights with no problem. Mood lighting as is the way in modern styled hotels was no use for reading etc. Small modern sink in bathroom which was fairly useless for shaving and shower fitting that was hanging out of the wall but didn't affect use of shower. Can't comment on dining room as didn't use it.
Main problem we had was the night before we left we asked for a wake up call at 05.30 and a taxi to be booked to take us to central station at 06.30. We were assured this would not be a problem but we're asked to get to reception 10 mins before taxi required to allow receptionist to get it arranged. Early morning call did not happen (luckily we woke in time!)and on getting to reception to request taxi were told we would have to go onto street to get our own as he we was on his own. Luckily we managed to hail one in the pouring rain and got to station in just time to catch our train, but a disappointing end to an otherwise lovely stay.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 498Jt
Matthew D, General Manager at Dylan Hotel NYC, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear 498Jt,

Thank you for your review and staying with us at The Dylan Hotel! We are very happy you enjoyed our location and large comfortable rooms. NYC is notorious for small rooms and we are proud to have large guest rooms. We hear you about the bathrooms!!!! We will undergo a renovation that will solve the issues that you describe.
We are very sorry about the hectic morning. Such a poor way to end a nice stay. When you come back, I will personally arrange your wake up call and transportation to make sure there is no issue. Contact me directly at matthew.dempsey@dylanhotelnyc.com so that I can set everything up for you.
Safe travels!

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed here last week. I have chased the hotel for a response as to when I would get the money returned to me for my bank card.... still no answer from them.

Hotel is dated. Reception staff are ok. Some are really nice. Others make it quite clear that can't be bothered dealing with you. Yes its hot in NYC. Yes it must be boring working on a reception desk but say hello to your guests when they walk in! I was checked in by a young man. He was talking to someone on the phone the whole time he checked me in. Just not good enough.

Rooms are dated as are bathrooms. Paper cups in room. Had to ask twice for my room to be cleaned. Tv does not get many channels.

Not a bad hotel but majorly needs updating!! Staff need to be trained on friendliness to guests.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Matthew D, General Manager at Dylan Hotel NYC, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Dear flamingobaby84,

Thank you for your review and recent stay! I am so sorry you experience was 'just ok.' We have many guest with stay with us regularly due to our service, price and location. Certainly very sorry that you didn't get a hello on your way through the lobby. Our staff are well known for checking with each guest as they come and go with a friendly greetings.
Please accept my apology for not being good enough. We will work on all the items you addressed to make sure your next stay with us is FLAWLESS!!!!