“mixed thoughts, great location”

Club Quarters Hotel, Wall Street
Ranked #222 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Try not to check in at the automated machine. Why? We were assigned the 3rd floor. You want to be higher... we could feel the subway trains rattling.
Our first room was cramped, smelled of mold and chlorine, and was not updated. Only reading an ad in the room that promoted their black out curtains clued us in that our room with the crooked blinds was subpar... definitely not the 3.5 stars hotwire said it was. The woman at the desk sent the "houseman" to meet us. He said they are very slowly updating all the rooms. He opened a room a couple doors down for us. It was nicer... a little bigger, more decor, no smell, updated temp controls and curtains. Still not lovely or romantic or cheap, but safe and way more affordable than anything else I could find between 3 and 4 stars.
Location is great. Very easy access to subway, brooklyn bridge, 911 memorial, battery park. And Leo's bagels! We appreciated their complimentary filtered water machines and bottles, the good coffee in the nice lobby. I'd just make sure you get a decent room since I think they vary a lot. Remember to ask for that higher floor.

Room Tip: Upper floor to avoid subway rattling. If there are blinds or an old-fashioned temp control ask for a...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,556)

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I wasn't aware I made a reservation to stay in a dorm room. Instead of club quarters this place should rename its self " close quarters"
If you have any issue with claustrophobia i would recommend staying as far away from this hotel as possible.
Entering the lobby I initially thought " hmm this seems nice" but as soon as i was ambushed but a team of "concierges" we were immediately escorted over to their "check in site" ; A computer inserted in a wall, basically making their job obsolete.
The only positive part about this was place the fact you needed to use a room key to use the elevator. The fact this is the only substantial amenity about the hotel should speak for itself.
Finding the door to enter our room was very interesting. First you need to go through a set of doors to find another two doors directly next to each other. Seeing this I instantly realized we would be having neighbors too close for comfort. Any above volume intercourse would be completely ruled out at this point.
This is when we entered our closet, oh i'm sorry i mean our " room". The bed was delightfully positioned in a boxed off area, with the Tv at the opposite end of the room, tho thats not saying much seeing the room was the size of my cats litter box.
Our view of the concrete wall was also a delight, enough said.
All in all i will not be returning to "close quarters" and would most likely only recommend this hotel to midgets or small children.

Room Tip: room is a broad statement, if you want to sleep in a closet then yes, by all means, stay here.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shelby h
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I stayed here with my sister and a friend the night of her bachelorette party. We are not the party type I know what bachelorette parties can be like so when the front desk person of a business hotel asked why we were there, I said the reason dripping with apology in my tone. We reached the room and shortly after got a knock, it was a bottle of wine and a signed card from the hotel! It was such a special treat to kick off our bachelorette night and made us feel so welcome! The hotel was in a safe area and had a decent gym (I didn't try it but checked it out). We had a superior queen room that had a bar area and was located on the penthouse floor

Room Tip: Stay on the Penthouse Floor so you can feel like a rockstar
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Widgeon14
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I stayed here for a weekend stay. Price was high due to UN General Assembly. The hotel is in a good location close to the Wall street subway, battery park and 9/11 memorial. The hotel room was average but very clean. There is also freeness WI-fi in the room. Hotel staff was nice. I would return for another stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MsNikkiT
Reviewed 24 September 2013

This hotel was dirty. For $330 a night I would expect a clean room.
The room smelled of mold and mildew from the hvac. I had to go out and buy air freshened and Lysol just to stay in the room. The windows do not open so the urine smell lingered.
Housekeeping did nothing. They put dirty sheets back on my bed, did not remove dirty dishes from room, did not replace coffee, did not replace coffee cups, did not clean the floor and did not wipe the surfaces. Gross. You fail C.Q. Will upload photos now.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Johnny F
Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed a weekend in Sept. and I had to write a review for the great staff they have there. Bryan, Brandon and Leandro were especially helpful; although the rest of the staff is great as well (sorry can't remember their names). They provided me with attractions to see, directions, food recommendations and a pleasant smile every time I walked through the door. This is one of a few times I've stayed at this location and their professionalism will keep me coming back. Thank you to the entire staff who made my stay wonderful!!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank JGalt6
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Arrived at 6:45, with a reservation paid for the night before at Quarters Hotel. I was informed they gave the room away and had charged me. There was no room and would not be until 3 pm. The reservation was clearly made for late arrival, as it was initially booked for the next night and the assistant rebooked for an extra night to make sure that check-in after an all night flight would be immediate. We paid for an extra night to check in at 7 am, were told that I would have to pay for that night, but the room was not available. The receptionist was arrogant, unhelpful, and took 10 minutes to be clear that she did not have a room. I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: do not stay at this hotel. It is in a good location, but the staff and its processing of reservation...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business