“Wish I'd Chosen Another” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Club Quarters Hotel, Wall Street

Club Quarters Hotel, Wall Street
Ranked #203 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Madison, Wisconsin
“Wish I'd Chosen Another”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

I have stayed at several different hotels in the NYC and this one ranks at the lower end. The room was clean enough, but small, and with a bathroom that was more like a motel variety. My main issue was the lack of forethought when they decided to use oil-based chemicals in a vacant room right by occupied rooms. For some reason, the strong, eye-stinging fumes permeated into my room and I could not stay in it. It took awhile to get me a room as they were still being cleaned so I waited in the lobby area. That took over one and a half hours. Had they just thought about the guests, their furniture stripping chore would have been put off until there were no guests in close proximity. I was not belligerent and waited patiently in spite of inconvenience, but would have appreciated better customer care. I made my reservation through hotels.com which I had never done before and was able to get a good rate $260/night for a hotel that the reservationist said was excellent and comparable to the other hotels I had used in NYC before. I don't think I will do the hotel.com thing again unless I am booking a place I know. The staff was nice about my situation if not fully accommodating.

Room Tip: Right now there is a lot of construction in the area so it feels like you are not in the thick of NY...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

Comfortable and convenient to all major landmarks and businesses. Lots of good restaurants and coffee shops in area. Rooms are well appointed and comfortable. Staff very helpful and customer friendly.

• Stayed September 2013
Sarasota, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

Stayed 3 nights. Nighttime staff of Lisa & Michael could not have been more helpful.

Easy access to red & green subway lines.

Room was small but efficiently designed. Felt like being in a yacht cabin.

We would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013
connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

Had to be at our office at Pine Street and this was inexpensive and close ($220 a night) check in ok with a person, but got to room and it stunk of smoke so needed to change rooms. (nonsmoking requested) rooms are minimal, but have wifi and good tv. not particularly clean Didn't really want to walk on carpet in bare feet. nice lounge area with some snacks available and lots of newspapers. small rooms, but that is what club quarters is known for, so no shock there. with the influx of new hotels into this area, won't ever stay here again unless nothing else is available. It pretty much is one step above a dorm room, though truthfully, my son's dorm seems cleaner.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

Try not to check in at the automated machine. Why? We were assigned the 3rd floor. You want to be higher... we could feel the subway trains rattling.
Our first room was cramped, smelled of mold and chlorine, and was not updated. Only reading an ad in the room that promoted their black out curtains clued us in that our room with the crooked blinds was subpar... definitely not the 3.5 stars hotwire said it was. The woman at the desk sent the "houseman" to meet us. He said they are very slowly updating all the rooms. He opened a room a couple doors down for us. It was nicer... a little bigger, more decor, no smell, updated temp controls and curtains. Still not lovely or romantic or cheap, but safe and way more affordable than anything else I could find between 3 and 4 stars.
Location is great. Very easy access to subway, brooklyn bridge, 911 memorial, battery park. And Leo's bagels! We appreciated their complimentary filtered water machines and bottles, the good coffee in the nice lobby. I'd just make sure you get a decent room since I think they vary a lot. Remember to ask for that higher floor.

Room Tip: Upper floor to avoid subway rattling. If there are blinds or an old-fashioned temp control ask for a...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

I wasn't aware I made a reservation to stay in a dorm room. Instead of club quarters this place should rename its self " close quarters"
If you have any issue with claustrophobia i would recommend staying as far away from this hotel as possible.
Entering the lobby I initially thought " hmm this seems nice" but as soon as i was ambushed but a team of "concierges" we were immediately escorted over to their "check in site" ; A computer inserted in a wall, basically making their job obsolete.
The only positive part about this was place the fact you needed to use a room key to use the elevator. The fact this is the only substantial amenity about the hotel should speak for itself.
Finding the door to enter our room was very interesting. First you need to go through a set of doors to find another two doors directly next to each other. Seeing this I instantly realized we would be having neighbors too close for comfort. Any above volume intercourse would be completely ruled out at this point.
This is when we entered our closet, oh i'm sorry i mean our " room". The bed was delightfully positioned in a boxed off area, with the Tv at the opposite end of the room, tho thats not saying much seeing the room was the size of my cats litter box.
Our view of the concrete wall was also a delight, enough said.
All in all i will not be returning to "close quarters" and would most likely only recommend this hotel to midgets or small children.

Room Tip: room is a broad statement, if you want to sleep in a closet then yes, by all means, stay here.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank shelby h
Saratoga Springs, Ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

I stayed here with my sister and a friend the night of her bachelorette party. We are not the party type I know what bachelorette parties can be like so when the front desk person of a business hotel asked why we were there, I said the reason dripping with apology in my tone. We reached the room and shortly after got a knock, it was a bottle of wine and a signed card from the hotel! It was such a special treat to kick off our bachelorette night and made us feel so welcome! The hotel was in a safe area and had a decent gym (I didn't try it but checked it out). We had a superior queen room that had a bar area and was located on the penthouse floor

Room Tip: Stay on the Penthouse Floor so you can feel like a rockstar
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends