“If you have a family...”

Club Quarters Hotel, Wall Street
Ranked #217 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Visiting NYC is a necessity for us, since half of our family lives there. Finding a big enough hotel that doesn't break the bank is always a challenge. We were lucky enough to stumble upon Club Quarters a few years ago. We stay in the two-room suite, which is perfect for our family of four. It has all the amenities for a young family (mini-kitchen, 2 separate rooms, sleeper sofa), minus the bath tub. The room is pretty spacious for NYC. It's not super close to any of the family friendly attractions, but the subway is close and convenient to get to from LGA or JFK. We stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Battery Park, which was nice, but not as budget friendly as Club Quarters.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Our son lives in the city, so we've visited many times before, but a business section to the trip caused us to use another hotel. We typically stay right off Broadway, but the conference was in the Wall Street area and "home base" was Club Quarters on Williams between Liberty and Wall. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms are not large, but are very comfortable and they have provided lots of storage. Things we really like: water purifiers with bottles to fill on every floor, restaurant on site, fitness center, FREE laundry center (with soap provided), Guest Request Closet on each floor with "guest most requested items" at your fingertips (pillows, irons and boards, coffee, mending kits, blankets, etc). The price was much better than what we are used to paying and got us a bigger room with more amenities.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I had a great time here very convenient to the train and lots to do on stone street which was recommended by Michael & Lisa the entire staff was great, my room was very comfortable I had a microwave & fridge truly enjoyed my stay I would recommend if your looking for cozy and quaint...

Room Tip: high floor is recommended no pool but if it had I'm sure it would be excellent
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times. During my most recent visit, Lisa warmly welcomed me and checked me into Room 1404. It was spacious, comfortable and spotless (the bathroom was great, too). EVERYONE I encountered that weekend was extremely gracious. Unfortunately, I did not get all of the employees' names. But the standouts (in addition to Lisa) were Bryan, Tsering, and Liz. The location is wonderful, but the service, cleanliness, and affordability are the main reasons Club Quarters Wall Street is my first choice whenever I travel to New York. I can't wait to return, and I will continue to recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Rooms are adequate for a business traveller. Gym is well equipped. There is a relatively poor selection for breakfast, but the dinner menu is much more extensive. The Bailey Pub is great for an after work beer if you are based in lower Manhattan.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Stephen O
Reviewed 29 January 2014

This is not a bad hotel, though you get what you pay for…and depending on the night, this can vary widely. I have stayed here more than any other hotel in NYC and would recommend it, though you should know what you’re getting into.

Pro’s:
• This is in a very convenient location; close to the subway, restaurants and anywhere you could be working downtown.
• Although the rooms are relatively small, they are very well thought out.
• Water bottles are available on each floor to fill with cold filtered water (this is one of my favorite features of this hotel chain).
• There is a cool coffee Machine in the lobby that makes cappuccinos, Café Latte’s, hot chocolate and the like (free).
• Most days (not all), there are light snacks in the morning (granola bars, apples, etc.) and evening (a bowl of olives, tortilla chips, M&M’s, etc.).
• This location has a decent gym, which has two treadmills (even if one sounds like it is going to explode).

Con’s:
• The staff really makes it feel like a budget hotel; they can be straight up jerks at time and there is a big push toward self-service.
• Things are not always maintained. The cool coffee machine in the lobby is often broken or without milk. The cold filtered water fountains are often not working properly. One of the elevator’s is constantly broken, leading to long waits to get anywhere. I have also found the lights in most rooms often flicker. The handle to your sliding bathroom door with always fall off.
• This is a noisy hotel. You will not be able to hear your TV over the A/C unit. The white noise from the A/C may be a good thing in the evening, as the walls are paper thin and you can hear everything going on in the next room or in the hallway.
• The largest bed you can get is a queen, which is made by putting two twin beds together. These beds are hard enough already, though this leads to a hard ridge in the middle and an uncomfortable night’s sleep…followed by back pain.
• The rooms are not consistent. If you stay here multiple times, you will see that the rooms seem to be made up of spare parts.
• The remaining members of Occupy Wall Street are living (i.e. camping out, smoking crack, harassing people) on the sidewalk directly across the street from the entrance, steer clear if you can or you will be harassed.
• There is little to no mobile phone connectivity in the lobby, bad news if you are waiting for your car service to call you when you are waiting to get picked up to the airport.

Room Tip: • Do not get an interior room, these face the courtyard and are dark and depressing day or night...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank IchBesorgeDasBier
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I stayed here for a couple days right before the holidays. I shared a room with my mom. All in all the room was kind of small but I guess that is to be expected in New York. I did think the bathroom was spacious. I thought that the desk was nice for working as I had a couple of projects that I had to work on that week. I thought the bed was nice and the TV was positioned nicely in front of the bed so that watching TV after a day of sight-seeing was relaxing (as I've been to some hotels that completely misplace the TV). One of the things I wasn't crazy about was that the hotel had a very business-y feel to it (as I was in NYC to be a tourist), but I guess that is to be expected when in the Financial District. Overall, I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and thought that the staff were excellent!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family