“Was better in person, great hotel!”

Club Quarters Hotel, Wall Street
Ranked #216 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Chicago, Illinois
“Was better in person, great hotel!”
Reviewed 10 June 2009

I first read the reviews on here before booking because Travelocity offered an unbeatable flight/hotel package for this hotel. I read reviews that it was a great hotel, just had small rooms so I was expecting for my room to be small, but it wasn't. Maybe because my room was at the end of the hall, don't know but it was a nice size. I enjoyed the bottled water feature in the hallway, cool decor, appreciated the ipod dock, very clean and the water pressure in the shower was perfect. I've stayed at Hotel Pennsylvania and the Hyatt in NY in the past, but I loved the Club Quarters the best. Red Bull Restaurant was great as well.

Stayed July 2008, travelled solo
2 Thank NikkiN55

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed 1 June 2009

We spent the Memorial Day weekend at this hotel and booked it on Priceline for $85 a night. Just what we needed. Room was spacious for NY standards and very quiet. Entire area was quiet because it was a holiday weekend and that was wonderful because there was zero street noise. It is just around the corner from the 2 and the 3 subway and close to other lines. Easy to get anywwhere in the city. It was great for our needs, however I didn't love the shower in the bathroom, but that's just me. Very clean and there is free internet in the lobby. I would recoomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bronzchica
tx
Reviewed 22 May 2009

Hotel is cool. Very cool. I've been reading reviews, and they obviously don't know much about this hotel. Staff is nice. Rooms are kind of small, but what do you want it to be? Its a hotel, and your in NYC. Who stays in the room? Subway is like 12 steps from the door. Police are patrolling the area all day, and all night, with AK-47's. No violence going on down here...haha. Can't wait to go back up there, and I will be staying at this hotel. Great place. Me and my bro had a awesome time here. Thanks Club Quarters!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank youngmook
Lottie001
Reviewed 21 May 2009

I see other reviewers have issues with this hotel, i.e. WiFi service. I did not attempt to use the WiFi service. My company had me stay at this hotel for a few nights for meetings around Wall Street. The location is excellent for downtown in the Financial District of NYC. Also, the hotel is incredibly quiet. I was surprised by this since the rooms since close along the halls, but I absolutely heard nothing during my stay.

The hotel rooms are small, but all you need for staying on business. I would not recommend this hotel for a leisure trip to NYC for a couple.

The restaurant closes early by NYC standards - but it is Downtown. It closes about 10 p.m. However, there are menus for local restaurants, at least one that is open 24 hours, where you can place an order for delivery, have it charged to your room, as well as delivered by the hotel who receives the order in the lobby.

I would recommend this hotel for a business stay in downtown Manhattan.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Lottie001
washington, dc
Reviewed 19 May 2009

My company booked me here for a business trip. I know not to expect much in the way of space or quiet in a NYC room. However, for a hotel that supposedly caters to the business traveler, CQ has some problems. WiFi connection is unreliable. There are only two PCs in the business center, which is part of the noisy lobby/lounge. Barebones amenities in the guest rooms, and the 'help yourself' closet is usually out of the basics. For instance, one iron and ironing board per floor, usually one or both are gone.

I like the fact that hotels now give you the option of leaving your towels on the floor to be washed or hanging them up to be used again. However, I don't like leaving my towel on the floor to be washed and coming back to find it hung back up! This happened to me and to a colleague staying the same week as I was. As it is, you get only two far from luxurious towels. Having to reuse one picked up from the floor is a bit much. Finally, the beds are unusually hard, and there are no extra pillows or blankets (unless you get lucky looking in the 'help yourself' closet.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank KQuaqqa
Florida
Reviewed 11 May 2009

I have stayed in almost every hotel in the city and this hotel for the price might be the best . From the time Jackie and Ms Maldanodo check you in you feel like part of the CQ family . The rooms were nice and clean and what are you expecting for the price ?

This truly is a great value and for the price its awesome .......anybody who complains is soing so out of not knowing the market ,

I LOVE THIS HOTEL and will be back .....great people and a great price makes this your # 1 destination in NYC

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
South Hadley, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 May 2009

Booked this hotel last minute on Priceline and think I got a good deal.Room was small but I expected that and they made good use of space.When I booked it gave me 1 Queen bed but when I checked in I asked if I could have 2 twins and it was no problem.There was a bar and restaurant that looked very nice although we didn't try it.There was a parking garage around the corner and it was $28 for 24 hours. Will stay here again on next trip.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends