“It's fine, not great but fine”

Club Quarters Hotel, Wall Street
Ranked #221 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 8 August 2009

We got a good deal on this hotel at priceline and it was much more reasonable than staying in times square. The room was very very small with one queen sized bed. The room was clean and there were complimentary beverages in the lobby. Check in was easy except that the computer kiosks they use for check in randomly assign room and we got a smoking room. The staff changed it for us without a problem.

I would probably pass on staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vermontraveler31

Reviewed 23 July 2009

Arrived at hotel from Europe. Check in is to be done through a computer. A hotel staff firmly said that had be done through the machine. My corporate visa premier was declined (?) and I was said "guests are expected to have a valid international credit card" before I could hand any of three others I had. At breakfast, no one was attending the door so I went to a table. Somebody told me without a greetings that I was to wait outside. There was then a mistake on my bill and I was firmly prompted to sign it and that they would fix it. I refused and asked to talk with the manager. The waiter refused. After wasting 30 minutes of my time they printed the correct bill. When leaving, the automatic checkout did not work... I was never given any invoice that I needed for accounting. Stay away from this place unless you are ready to cope with bad service and rude people.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank matdiver2
Reviewed 20 July 2009

This hotel was great. The room was small, but we didn't need anything big...I mean, we're in New York - we only needed the room to drop off our shopping bags in and sleep! The location is awesome...close to the subway, ground zero, Century 21 (best shopping!), the Chelsea Piers....Everything was in walking distance. The staff are super helpful and nice. I would absolutely stay here again!! The room has air conditioning (not loud at all), and we had a microwave and mini fridge, as we were there for a full week (no extra charge). The only down side was the hotel restaurant, William's. It was way overpriced for what we got (which is why we only ate there once), and the service was not so stellar. The up side to that is, there are 20 other restaurants within walking distance. The atmosphere is cozy, and we felt very safe and at home. I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends, and I will book again on my next trip to NY.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank NewTraveler35
Reviewed 10 June 2009

I first read the reviews on here before booking because Travelocity offered an unbeatable flight/hotel package for this hotel. I read reviews that it was a great hotel, just had small rooms so I was expecting for my room to be small, but it wasn't. Maybe because my room was at the end of the hall, don't know but it was a nice size. I enjoyed the bottled water feature in the hallway, cool decor, appreciated the ipod dock, very clean and the water pressure in the shower was perfect. I've stayed at Hotel Pennsylvania and the Hyatt in NY in the past, but I loved the Club Quarters the best. Red Bull Restaurant was great as well.

Stayed: July 2008, travelled solo
2  Thank NikkiN55
Reviewed 1 June 2009

We spent the Memorial Day weekend at this hotel and booked it on Priceline for $85 a night. Just what we needed. Room was spacious for NY standards and very quiet. Entire area was quiet because it was a holiday weekend and that was wonderful because there was zero street noise. It is just around the corner from the 2 and the 3 subway and close to other lines. Easy to get anywwhere in the city. It was great for our needs, however I didn't love the shower in the bathroom, but that's just me. Very clean and there is free internet in the lobby. I would recoomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bronzchica
Reviewed 22 May 2009

Hotel is cool. Very cool. I've been reading reviews, and they obviously don't know much about this hotel. Staff is nice. Rooms are kind of small, but what do you want it to be? Its a hotel, and your in NYC. Who stays in the room? Subway is like 12 steps from the door. Police are patrolling the area all day, and all night, with AK-47's. No violence going on down here...haha. Can't wait to go back up there, and I will be staying at this hotel. Great place. Me and my bro had a awesome time here. Thanks Club Quarters!!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank youngmook
Reviewed 21 May 2009

I see other reviewers have issues with this hotel, i.e. WiFi service. I did not attempt to use the WiFi service. My company had me stay at this hotel for a few nights for meetings around Wall Street. The location is excellent for downtown in the Financial District of NYC. Also, the hotel is incredibly quiet. I was surprised by this since the rooms since close along the halls, but I absolutely heard nothing during my stay.

The hotel rooms are small, but all you need for staying on business. I would not recommend this hotel for a leisure trip to NYC for a couple.

The restaurant closes early by NYC standards - but it is Downtown. It closes about 10 p.m. However, there are menus for local restaurants, at least one that is open 24 hours, where you can place an order for delivery, have it charged to your room, as well as delivered by the hotel who receives the order in the lobby.

I would recommend this hotel for a business stay in downtown Manhattan.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business