“Love the Benjamin in nyc”
Review of The Benjamin

The Benjamin
Ranked #98 of 473 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Great place to stay while enjoying the city! Location, location, location. And there is location! Can't go wrong-everything in a 5 star is here highly recommend. Staff, rooms and the lovely restaurant make it a go-to. Try the "Mules" at The National-love them!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
The_Benjamin, General Manager at The Benjamin, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear elmhurstpegger,

You have gifted our team an extraordinary review and I thank you for it! We do have an amazing Midtown location! On the corner of 50th Street and Lexington Avenue we are 1 block from the subway and 3 blocks to Grand Central making getting around Manhattan a breeze. If you're looking for premiere shopping, world famous sights and award winning restaurants we're within walking distance of all that too. We have a dedicated concierge team that will help you make the most of your visit to NYC. Our Rest & Renew program, informed by sleep expert Rebecca Robbins, will invigorate your mind and spirit. You can also visit Federico Salon on the 3rd floor of the hotel for their popular jet lag rejuvenation treatment and then have a meal at our award winning restaurant The National where you can savor the culinary delights of Iron Chef Geoffrey Zakarian.

Assistant General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,829)

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Large, comfortable, well-appointed room, especially for a NYC hotel. Even had a small balcony. Excellent staff and service. A very pleasant, high quality, professionally run hotel. I would definitely stay there again, and would recommend it highly.

Thank Dr. Steven G

Dear Dr. Steven G,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. Our 209 rooms are spacious and clean and all recently redesigned by Rottet Studio. The redesign includes thoughtful and functional design elements in our rooms and public spaces that are centered around keeping our experience inspired and our guests feeling at their best. I am delighted that you enjoyed your room with a balcony. If you want your experience to provide you with a unique place to keep up with an inspired ritual of your daily routine like a morning glass of freshly squeezed juice or an evening cheers to celebrate your day's accomplishments then one of our balcony or terrace suites will suit you perfectly.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Always is a pleasure to stay here...clean, nice rooms, friendly staff, great location. The only drawback might be the two very slow very small elevators. At checkout time, the cue time is forever. Well worth the cost.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
The_Benjamin, General Manager at The Benjamin, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear notrewood,

You've made our day with your glowing remarks! Our entire team is engaged in making sure we help you make the most of your visit to NYC. We want to remain your destination of choice. Our convenient location in Midtown allows us to be within walking distance of where you need to be in the neighborhood. Whether you are in NYC to visit a major corporation, do some premiere shopping or enjoy a show at Radio City Music Hall or in the Theater District, The Benjamin's location will suit you perfectly on 50th Street and Lexington Avenue. We are slated to completely upgrade our elevators this year without interrupting normal service and I appreciate your feedback. Please contact me she your travel plans bring you back to NYC.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

I wanted to celebrate my wife's birthday in a befitting manner and wanted to go some place classy as well as cosy! A friend recommended The Benjamin Hotel and my first ,I was also skeptical of whether it would be a good place to take my daughters, one of whom can barely stay indoors beyond an hour and the other one is yet to learn to crawl...

I am glad I took the leap of faith and went ahead. It turned out to be the most luxurious holiday experience I have ever had. In fact it was so immersive, I find it difficult to remain objective...

With a warm greeting at the reception and a smooth check-in by Khady.As always I had called up ahead and arranged a exciting holiday for my wife, I had spoken to Anya at the concierge she had assured that everything was going to be just fabulous in a New york Style.
The service levels were exceptional. I would give a lot of credit to Anya, our concierge for making it look so easy. We never had to wait inordinately for any request. From cleaning the room, we were accorded prompt assistance.
The restaurant – National is very unique and the Chef-In-Charge, is a creative genius. He was able to conjure up options that had unique ingredients and a twist in the taste. We had special dietary requirements, I had made few last minute request and changes through hotel concierge and we were attended to with care and hospitality..
When the time came to bid farewell, we were morose. Manager David who heads the Front Office came by to seek feedback and wishing my wife a birthday again . She couldn’t have been happier with this. That made her feel like a Queen. I cant thank enough for Anya her team to pull this off holiday for me & my family.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mytravelink
The_Benjamin, General Manager at The Benjamin, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Incmark,

Your splendid review gives our team great cause to rejoice and I thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor! I am so delighted that your wife's birthday was so memorable. Traveling with two young children will give any parent pause before making the trip happen. I am elated that our team made your experience a joyful pleasure from start to finish for your whole family. Our team is passionate about customer service and I appreciate that you mentioned three of our stellar associates in your review by name: Khady, Anya and David. By doing so you have generously acknowledged their efforts in a very rewarding way.

Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

We had the exceptional pleasure of enjoying a wonderful holidays in New York embraced by the warm hospitality at the Benjamin hotel. Thank you very much for the welcome and the service at your hotel.
A especial thank you to Khady, Who not only gave us some fantastic information about New York City, places to go etc, but also for a best customer service.
We will certainly be recommending your hotel to our friends in Paris.

Many thanks again.

Philip & Family.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank sweetcks
The_Benjamin, General Manager at The Benjamin, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear sweetcks,

Your recommendation is the best gift we can receive from you. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience at The Benjamin so much. Thank you for highlighting the service and friendliness of Khady at our Reception. You've made her day! The entire Reception team is eager to make your priorities their own and help you to be at your best. Our Rest & Renew program, informed by sleep expert Rebecca Robbins, is a great example of the unique perks that are available to you each stay.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

This hotel is centrally located. Large rooms with a kitchenette. Excellent bedding and friendly staff. We have chosen it as a much better alternative to the dusty Waldorf and were happy with it. Great value for this area.

1  Thank Patrick G

Dear Patrick G,

I am overjoyed that you chose to stay with us for the first time. Our 209 rooms and suites, all completely redesigned by Rottet Studio in 2013, offer unsurpassed value in Midtown. Generously sized, well-appointed one bedroom suites complete with kitchenettes and sofa sleepers are available for only a few dollars more. We also offer one bedroom suites with breathtaking balconies and terraces. Even in the cold weather these suites are very popular. There's just something incredible about the thrill of looking down on Lexington Ave from more than 16 stories high. Our staff will extend genuine and attentive service and I am so glad you felt their caring attitude. We want to remain your hotel of choice in NYC.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Stayed here one night for business and booked through a third party travel site. My rate for a one bedroom suite was very good. The hotel's location for midtown business and neighborhood fun/safety is great. 90% of the staff is extremely welcoming and friendly, from the doorman, to the front desk, to the housekeeping team. They made me feel at home.

BUT, I was on the 3rd floor alond Madisog Avenue, nice corner view but really noisy at ALL times. So, if you are going to stay here, go high -- up above the 5th floor. That still might not prevent you from hearing other guests in their rooms but it will imporve your stay greatly. The rooms are big and the beds comfortable but the furniture, and layout are sub-par. The bathroom is near the entry door and tiny. Very odd. The heating units are way too noisy.

I didn't try the National Restaurant but it was hopping so perhaps it is good. The workout room is small but well equipped so, management/owners get credit for this.

All in all not bad, worth a try, but go high.

Dear CGCx,

Thank you for your splendid review. You mentioned so many great features of our hotel and I appreciate your recommendation! Our staff is passionately committed to providing genuine and attentive service. Our Midtown location is super convenient for business travelers with hundreds of major corporate offices within 5 minutes of the hotel. I will pass on your generous compliment of our Fitness Center to our Design team - they did an outstanding job renovating the gym and we have all new equipment by Technogym, official supplier to the Olympics. I will be working with the team to ensure that the issues you experienced are remedied. We listen to our guests and take great care to ensure what our guests experience reflects the very high standards we strive to uphold. When your travel plans bring you back to NYC please contact me directly at jegol@thebenjamin.com.