“Very Posh Hotel”

The Benjamin
Ranked #98 of 473 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I stayed at The Benjamin because we were expecting a very bad storm and it was important that I be in work the next day. I chose the Benjamin because my friends had recommended it. The hotel is very posh and beautiful. The room was a little small but once I was inside and settled it didn't feel small at all. Everything I needed was there. The bathroom was beautiful, clean and modern. The mini bar was fully stocked and there was a coffee maker with coffee for the morning. The bedding was fresh and soft. It was a very very comfortable stay. I felt pampered and taken care of. The next morning upon check out the weather was horrendous. The hotel provided large complimentary umbrellas to guests who needed them. My only regret was that I didn't have more time to enjoy the spa or dine in the restaurant next door. If you are looking for a small boutique hotel, please consider The Benjamin. I promise you wont be disappointed.

Thank Ms. Catherine H
The_Benjamin, General Manager at The Benjamin, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Ms. Catherine H,

I am overjoyed by your positive review! Thank you for taking the time to recognize the efforts of our staff to delight you during the recent stormy weather. We cherish the recommendations we receive from our guests; nothing is more meaningful to us. I hope that on your next visit you will have time to visit our Spa and Restaurant. Federico Hair & Spa offers styling services along with unique treatments such as jet lag rejuvenation. Our value is unsurpassed in Midtown and our location keeps you close to area businesses, premiere shopping, museums and award-winning restaurants including our own – The National Bar & Dining Rooms featuring the culinary creations of Iron Chef Geoffrey Zakarian. Our in room SnackBox, curated by Chef Geoffrey Zakarian, is stocked with locally sourced and delicious refreshments that you can grab and go or enjoy in your room.

Assistant General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,829)

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff. Well presented, clean, comfortable and bright suite in a convenient Midtown Manhattan location. The fitness center was in very good condition. Unfortunately, there wasn't time to visit the spa.

1  Thank Mr. Don K
The_Benjamin, General Manager at The Benjamin, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Mr. Don K,

Your radiant remarks have made our day! Our 209 rooms and suites are all newly redesigned by Rottet Studio. Each room is generously sized and spotlessly fresh and clean. Our passionate staff makes everything possible in the hotel. Every associate on our great team is focused on your rest, renewal and ensuring you make the most of your stay.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

The Benjamin is a great hotel in a great location with great staff. The beds and bedding were SO comfortable, with a variety of pillow choices (although we used what was on the bed when we arrived) The room even had a small 'kitchenette' (small sink, small refrigerator, dishes for 2) which was a nice bonus. Booked through hotels.com and got a great rate!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Barb W,

Thank you for your terrific review. Our midtown location is ideal. Our 209 rooms and suites are generously sized, well-appointed and all feature a kitchenette with microwave, refrigerator and tableware. We are the perfect choice for rejuvenation. Our Rest and Renewal Program is informed by sleep expert Rebecca Robbins and we have a dedicated Sleep Team that can help you pick the sleep amenities right just for you. Federico Spa and Salon on our 3rd floor is a sanctuary in the city and has a wide variety of revitalizing treatments.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

The staff always makes me feel special, and that they would go out of their way to help me. In fact, when I checked in I told the woman helping me that I needed a large room and King-size bed since my sister was going to be joining me. She upgraded my room so that I had a suite and King-size bed -- and for only $50 more per night. That was wonderful! So then my sister and I indeed had a place to hang out in as we spent time together. The food for room service is extraordinarily delicious and well-prepared. And the hotel is located in a great area - for example, just 1 block away you can get well-prepared food till midnight (if you don't want/need room service). But mostly, the staff are just wonderful.

2  Thank sueBerkeley_CA

Dear sueBerkeley_CA,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. Our staff offers every guest genuine and attentive service. I appreciate your recognition of the team's efforts to engage you during your stay. Our one bedroom suites are supremely comfortable spaces with all the amenities you will need to refresh your senses and awaken your spirits. Chef Geoffrey Zakarian will delight you with his culinary creations at The National.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Loved my stay at The Benjamin! There are not many places in NY (hotels or otherwise) that have private terraces. To sit and relax with a glass of wine after a long day, or have a nice breakfast al fresco in your robe. Very relaxing. And reasonably priced, considering the generous size of the accommodations -- especially by NY standards. Don't forget the rooms are complete with kitchenette. Great for travelers who like to keep a little something in their room.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ReadyToWander

Dear ReadyToWander,

I am overjoyed that you chose to stay with us. Our 209 rooms and suites are generously sized and well-appointed. We offer One bedroom Suites that have kitchenettes with breathtaking balconies and terraces available for only a few dollars more. There's something special about the grandeur of looking down on Lexington Ave from more than 16 stories up. Our staff will extend genuine and attentive service that you will want to return to.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Great service. Loved the location . Top of the Rock, Rockefeller Center, Central Park are were within walking distance,as were the major dept. stores.
Made my daughter 's 16 th bday even more special with a gift package and chocolate treat.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stephanie B

Dear Stephanie B,

What a delight to know that your daughter enjoyed such a fun and memorable 16th birthday during your stay with us. Our team simply put, cherishes making these special occasions something to remember. I am so proud of the team's ability to consistently make genuine efforts to make our guests feel like family and feel at home with just the right amount of NYC charisma and charm.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

From the first touch point the staff was excellent. Spacious room, new gym equipment, great loaction were highlights. I asked for help with a cab to the airport and the doorman Mohammed was on it! He hailed a cab on the corner, walked me and bags over to the cab and made sure I was on my way in record time! Best bellman/doorman ever!

Dear Stoweboard,

I appreciate your grand comments about our staff and your stay overall. Mohammed was thrilled to see that you highlighted his name in your rave review. All of our team members are eager to ensure that you make the most of your visit to NYC. Our location in Midtown is ideal for any traveler coming to NYC due to its close proximity to premier shopping, the subway, exquisite restaurants, well known attractions and much more.