I booked a one bedroom suite at the Benjamin for a very good rate under one of their promotions. The rate was a much better value than any other comparable hotel suite. I traveled with my spouse and 2 young children, and the one bedroom suite with kitchenette was perfect for a family. Kids slept in the pull-out sleeper sofa, and we had breakfast in the room (cereal, etc.) The bedroom has a huge walk-in closet, which was very nice and unexpected. The room was clean and nicely updated with contemporary furnishings.
The staff was very friendly and professional (the doormen and valet especially- Mohammed was very kind and friendly, and another tall, African American gentleman with a 9-year-old daughter was also helpful with directions- but I can't remember his name). I didn't eat at the restaurant but it always looked lively. Location of the hotel was very good- within walking distance to Central park, shopping, etc. Easy access to the subway. My kids received two free owl stuffed animals from the Kidzzz club, and were loaned kid-sized bathrobes to wear, which they enjoyed.
The only negatives would be two things: First, the street noise is very bad. I asked for a high room for this reason, and they did give me a high floor room on the 21st floor. But this didn't help. I'm not sure if it's the older windows on this hotel, or the noise form Lexington Ave., but the whole family had a hard time sleeping. Tons of sirens and honking horns. I kept checking to make sure the windows were closed because the street noise was so bad it seemed like they were open. I suppose the noise will be bad anywhere in New York, but if you are a light sleeper keep this in mind, and bring ear plugs.
The second thing is the small bathroom. It was updated, but had very little counter space and very small. I realize that most bathrooms in New York are small, but I suppose with a suite I was expecting a little bit bigger bathroom, with 2 sinks and a glass shower, instead of one sink and a tub/shower combo with shower curtain.
Despite these things, I would definitely return, especially with a family. The suites are a must if traveling with children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Midtown, The Benjamin offers 209 newly re-designed terrace suites, one-bedroom suites and guest rooms by Rottet Studio featuring kitchenettes and signature Benjamin Beds. Housed within the hotel is The National Bar & Dining Rooms with a menu of modern bistro dishes by Iron Chef Geoffrey Zakarian. Known best for its world-renowned Sleep Program Rest & Renew, The Benjamin features a Pillow Menu and bedtime snacks. Families enjoy Winks' Kidzzz Club with pint-sized amenities for kids to use during their stay. A private guest lounge on the second floor offers two business stations and lounge seating. The Benjamin affords quick access to Fifth Avenue's high-end boutiques, Rockefeller Center, MoMA and Central Park. Hotel Services Fee is $30 plus tax per room, per night and provides you with the following amenities: •$10 daily credit toward Geoffrey Zakarian's The National Bar & Dining Rooms* •Wireless Internet on all of your devices throughout your stay •24/7 access to our state-of-the-art fitness center outfitted by Technogym •In-room artisanal coffee and tea offerings •Unlimited business services including printing •24/7 access to our private Residence Lounge •Unlimited local and domestic long distance calls •Access to our Clef D' Or Concierge services •Package handling and storage prior to and during your stay *Must be redeemed daily. Cannot roll over. **Fee is exclusive of service gratuities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel and LoveHolidays so you can book your The Benjamin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Benjamin Hotel New York City
- Benjamin New York City
- Benjamin Hotel New York City