“The perfect place to stay in NYC with the home away from home feeling”
Review of The Benjamin

The Benjamin
Ranked #100 of 470 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Well located on the east side with a boutique hotel ambience
Gracious and helpful staff. Special recognition goes out to Karinne at the front desk and Paola in housekeeping who went beyond their job description and added to the enjoyment of our stay at the Benjamin

• Stayed: May 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (2,773)

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

My friend made the reservation for us and you sometimes don't know what you are going to get. Well. I was happily surprised. Rooms were large , for NYC, updated and great service. The National restaurant attached is a good place for a beer or glass of wine. I'll be back.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jeff B
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Great location for the local transportation. 3 train stations near by. lot of food places to eat. for the breakfast, lunch and dinner. definitely to go. Great location for the local transportation. 3 train stations near by. lot of food places to eat. for the breakfast, lunch and dinner. definitely to go.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Great night's sleep-- one of the best beds I've slept in. The room is small but well laid out with an upscale feel and a well-stocked mini-bar. Very clean and well-maintained. No view since it is in the middle of high rises. The bathroom is on the small side (typical new york), but also poorly laid out. You you are on the larger side, you'll find it uncomfortable - need to be a bit of contortionist to reach toilet paper and navigate turning on the shower. Make sure the toilet lid is down or you risk losing items off the counter and into the toilet. However, there is a magnifying mirror which is a nice touch. I didn't eat at the restaurant or use any of the amenities - all business day and night; but I did order room service, and the meal was the best I've ever had from room service anywhere - those cinnnammon ribs (appetizer) were to die for -- combine that with a side and you've got a great meal!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I've stayed at The Benjamin several times while in New York on business. It is a fabulous hotel. Location is great. The service is wonderful. By accident, I left my phone in my room during my last trip. The staff located it immediately and shipped it to me - it almost beat me home! Thanks to the staff and Jaime Cross. You are all highly recommended and much appreciated. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2014

For years, we would stay at different hotels in New York City, based on price and availability. Three years ago, we chose The Benjamin, mostly based on Trip Advisor reviews. We now stay here pretty much exclusively. The rooms are quite large, by New York City standards. The rooms have a mini kitchen, which allows us to bring leftovers back to the room, and eat them later. The service is among the best in New York City. The doormen, the concierge, the desk clerks are all better than just about any other hotel in town. What seals the deal is the location, Lexington and 50th. It is walking distance to the theater district, Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Fifth Avenue shopping, Central Park and tons of the city's best restaurants. Subway access is 75 feet from the font door. We highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: The suites are not much pricier than a regular room. If you get on their mailing list, they are alm...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jon N
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We have stayed at the Benjamin a number of times over the last 10 years...and we've always been happy. But this past weekend, the Hotel went "above and beyond" to help out our family.
We arrived in NYC on Saturday of Memorial Day weekend - which is a crazy time in NYC as most people will recognize. I had made a mistake on my reservation and had actually booked my hotel room for Sunday and needed a one-night room because I was there on Saturday! I was freaking out thinking we would have to sleep in the car. We went to Omar, the manager, explained our situation, and he came up with a room - and a very nice one at that! And he didn't try to gouge us on the price, either. He treated us as one would HOPE your favorite hotel would - as a valued, respected Customer. SO, I have to tip my hat and shout out a huge THANK YOU to Omar and the rest of The Benjamin for saving my weekend! If you have not stayed there and you are tired of the massive chain hotels, go to the Benjamin and enjoy!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple