“Nice hotel, very roomy”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Mount Dora, Florida
“Nice hotel, very roomy”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I normally stay at Marriott properties but decided to adventure out and stay here. The hotel is nice, small but quaint lobby. I had requested an early check in at 100pm. I arrived at 200pm and they could not honor it. I understood when for lunch. Came back at 400, room was still not ready. I was not very happy with this but I did not complain.
Around 430 I got the room. The room was very spacious with a kitchenette and a balcony. Very nice. I really enjoyed having the balcony. I did pay for this type of room , it was not an upgrade.
The staff was good, not overly attentive but ok to my satisfaction.
I wished they had given me a couple of drinks at the bar since room was not ready.
Otherwise I would def try the hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed at the Benjamin because we were hosting a dinner in the Corner Room of the National. The staff at the Benjamin were exceptional as were the staff at the National. This was truly one of my best experiences in NYC

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Midtown Manhattan offers many hotels to choose from, but the Banjamin has earned my repeat business. The entire staff went out of its way to make sure they were exceeding my expectations. The hotel condition was updated and high quality, and the bedding was ideal.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Have electively stayed here for a long weekend 7 of the last 8 months for work in NYC. I travel with another family member and my two toddlers. I cannot say enough about what a fantastic place to stay this has been for my family. The staff is so very attentive, friendly, gracious, prompt and courteous. They are more than happy to meet our needs as a family which means a great deal to me. (unfortunately, many NYC hotels have been less than gracious to a family with two small children). We lived in NYC, (UES), for 10 years prior to having our kids and heading West. We know the workings of the city well and truly consider this a home-away-from-home now. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Thank Dr. Amy W
Texas Gulf Coast, Texas
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I started from June 4 to June 8 and it was well worth the price. I paid $400 a night for a king bed suite with breakfast included. The suite was remarkably spacious, with a foyer, living room, kitchen with full size fridge, microwave oven, and coffee maker, and bedroom with en suite bathroom. It was comfortable, clean, the food was good and the staff were great. I would stay again any time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Bixby, Oklahoma
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We had the pleasure of staying at The Benjamin for 1 before boarding our cruise to the Bahamas. On our next trip to NYC, we will certainly stay at The Benjamin again. This hotel was wonderful. It was quiet, comfortable, nice, staff were pleasant, linens were soft, and it was in a great location! You can walk from the hotel to many attractions. Very close to Rockefeller and not too far from Times Square and Broadway. The concierge will help you regarding which direction to go or what transportation to take.

The National restaurant had a wonderful breakfast, and I am looking forward to trying their dinner in the future.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in Manhattan. Great job!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KyleOnThePlane
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Location of the Benjamin is wonderful and easy access to everything. Staff was very professional, but most of all our room was exceptional. The size of the one bedroom suite was spacious and comfortable. Will definitely will return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple