The Benjamin
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$371
US$343
  • Room Service
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$195
  • Pool
The Lucerne Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$387
US$251
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$192
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Muse Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$321
US$284
  • Restaurant
The Kimberly Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$322
  • Fitness centre
US$314
US$291
  • Pool
Stewart Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$210
US$472
Hotelpower.com
  • Breakfast included
2,893 results
All reviewspillow menunational restaurantone bedroom suitenew yorksmall kitchenettemini kitchenlexington avenuemidtown locationthe sofa bedcentral parkwaldorf astoriarockefeller centerwonderful hotelboutique hotelan upgradearound the cornerby nyc standards
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I'm a bit tardy with this review but since we are heading back soon, the hotel has been on my mind. We visited a few years ago. My husband was there on business and my daughter and I tagged along. His conference had recommended a different hotel but we decided to try the Benjamin based on reviews and the space we needed (a one bedroom suite). Our stay was wonderful. The concierge (although I forget her name) was so helpful with restaurant assistance and booking a sitter. The room was perfect. It was an inner room without a view but it was so quiet which was perfect for our daughter. A white noise machine was also provided. The door man was very helpful seeing as I was always lugging a stroller around - he helped haul it in the trunk of many cabs. The restaurant was pretty good and one waiter made sure our daughter was treated like royalty. The only issue I can recall was the elevator. At check out time it would take forever for an elevator and the ones that stopped at our floor were too packed. I do not see anyone complaining about this in recent reviews so maybe that issue is fixed. We recently booked a king suite with terrace and we are bringing both kids. They are older and really looking forward to their trip to the big city! When looking at hotels again (along with vacation rentals) I kept coming back to the Benjamin and we agreed it was worth another visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2014

For $550/night stay, you'll have to pay extra for internet service.
No soap in the bathroom; it's in a locked container in the shower.
Toilet paper 4/5 used remains from the last guest.
Don't recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Michael C
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We celebrated my wife's birthday this past weekend at The Benjamin. We checked in after 1am Friday morning and were greeted by "Jose" at the desk who was very happy to see us. All of the staff went above and beyond our expectations. We had a beautiful corner room with a terrace view of the East river on one side and a huge terrace with tables and chairs and an outstanding view of midtown on the other side of the living room. This room was a suite and large one by any ones standards. I had ordered champagne that afternoon (while still in Tennessee) through the concierge and asked that it be in the room for our arrival--it was! We drank it on the terrace--a perfect way to celebrate a birthday in NYC.
I've stayed at this hotel several times and each time i've had a different size room. This is what makes it interesting to stay here. We were on the 20th floor this time and did not hear any traffic noise inside the room except when we opened the window because we wanted to hear the sounds of the city. The bed was very comfortable as were the pillows.
The ladies at the concierge were very helpful with dinner recommendations and reservations before our arrrival. The front door staff were always there to greet us, grab us a cab or give directions.
We really like the location because its so close to the theatre district, so many great restaurants, shopping and Central Park. There is a street fair on Lexington Avenue on Sundays, great food and lots of bargans.

Room Tip: Terrace rooms are wonderful.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank robfo
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

My stay at the benjamin was very nice, Checking in was easy the front desk was professional and attentive. But gina who really helped me, She when out of her way to help me find my way around my very busy schedule. To fit in a little site seeing some shopping and a show into my weekend thank you gina great work.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 June 2014

For New York the size if the room here was excellent we stayed in a suite with kids & the service was great & kids loved the pillow menu. The staff was very friendly and helpful to get a cab for you even going to the opposite street to flag a can for us.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family