“Great place”

GreenLeadersSilver level
YVR
“Great place”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I was always intrigued by the Benjamin but had never stayed here. I usually travel to NY on business, but this time I was on holiday with my wife and our 2 sons and we needed a larger unit. We were looking for a Midtown location, a larger unit or suite with (hopefully) some form of kitchen. Our one bedroom suite was perfect. The Benjamin delivered on all counts.

Thank you to Omar and all the staff and a special thanks to Tom the concierge for some great recommendations..

My personal suggestion is before your visit, call Omar the front desk manager, with any special requests. Omar went out of his way to make our stay a very pleasant one.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors are very quiet. Check the Benjamin website for deals. They guarantee the...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The Benjamin is a solid 4-star hotel with comfortable accommodations and a stellar customer service team. They were easily (and I've traveled a great deal in my lifetime) the most professional, helpful, warm, friendly and accommodating hotel staff with whom I've ever dealt. GENUINELY so. It's not a swanky hotel, per se, but it is attractive, has a lovely adjacent restaurant, the rooms are very spacious (a miracle in NYC!), the beds and linens/pillows of high quality and very comfortable, conveniently located, incredibly well-priced (we got a LOT for our money which, again, is not typically our experience in NYC), and a delightful 'find.' We wouldn't hesitate to stay again! Make sure and speak with Sarah both during and in advance of your stay - she is a fantastic (!!) concierge! Her knowledge of 'all things' New York, her recommendations, and her assistance with restaurant reservations was outstanding! (ABC Kitchen was an incredible dining experience, as an aside. Thanks, Sarah!)

Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Spacious room, with all that I need, the place is very conviently located paticularly for this trip within walking distance to my distination and near the Metro station at the 51st, the staff, especially David at the front desk went all the way to make my Stay a wonderfull experience.
I was worried since I booked it at the last minute and not been there before, but seems one of the best kept secret as one of the store owners told me while shopping, and I agree with him that this is better than many famous names in this field.

Southgate, Michigan
Reviewed 22 July 2014

...a broken elevator can ruin a hotel experience! The building is old and therefore there are only 2 small elevators but in a hotel that is 20+ floors, when 1 breaks down it is completely unacceptable for any extended period of time. We arrived on Friday afternoon and both were working but 1 was out of service all of Saturday and Sunday that we were there. We took the stairs down every single time. The worst was at checkout when we were unable to get on the elevator down to check out. After the 3rd time that the completely packed elevator opened and closed, we opted to use the service stairs and carry our luggage down. Fortunately we were only on the 5th floor! I was surprised to see pots & pans, cardboard boxes, and other housekeeping items cluttering the stairs. Isn't that supposed to be the emergency exit?!?

Room was great! My only very small complaint about the room was that the shampoo dispenser was empty but I brought my own so it didn't matter. Other than that it was clean, comfortable, and very nice.

All employees were very friendly and courteous.

New York
Reviewed 21 July 2014

High level of quality service in a luxury property. I highly recoment this hotel to all who enjoy comfort and service. I have been a patron of the Benjamin for years and it seems every time I come back the experience gets better and better.

Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The physical plant is run down and old. Doesn't look like updated in much time. One of two elevators broker all 3 days I was there. Other elevators didn't seem to work right. Computers in business office mind bogglingly slow.

1 Thank jerome-yank
New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The doorman Mohmmed is very professional and helpful worker. The location is very good. The lobby is very good. The beds are very comfortable. the room is very clean. The location is accessible to shopping etc,