Our sons are both working in New York this summer. We needed a hotel located in midtown Manhattan. A friend of mine recommended The Benjamin, and I cannot imagine staying anywhere else now! First off we arrived a bit early and were offered immediate check-in but when I asked if we could have a room high above the street, we were told it would be an hour before one would be ready. Vicki at the front desk advised us to wait since a very quiet sleeping environment is what we are used to at home. She was so welcoming, and friendly. We went into the National to have a drink while we waited. Vicki had the room ready for us in 15 minutes! Her advice to wait was well placed! The room was very quiet at night, and lovely. We asked for extra towels, which were provided every day. The concierge desk is staffed by the most competent individuals one could hope for. We wanted to dine at several very popular restaurants all of which do not take reservations until 30 days out, and fill up within a day or two. We were going to be out of the country, with no access to the internet or phone service. We emailed a list of the reservations we wanted to Gina, and she and Sarah made every one of the reservations we requested for us!! They were so friendly and very professional. Upon our arrival we met Tom who continued providing the very friendly and profession service we had from Gina and Sarah. The few occasions that we had to work with Ana (spelling) were just as helpful, and professional as with her colleagues. Everyday when we left the front desk employees were smiling and wishing us a great day. The doormen are absolutely delightful! They are helpful, and cheerful also. Several people have recently told my husband that he looks like Sean Connery. One of the doormen, Jonathan, enjoyed making my husband smile by calling him Mr. Connery, instead of Dr. Lewis! My husband loved it! Again the entire staff makes a very large, and imposing city seem very small and welcoming! When we left both Vicki and Karianne (spelling) were so accommodating in answering our questions about how best to see the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, one of my bucket list items! The restaurant at the hotel is wonderful. We enjoyed our meal there, and again were very impressed with the service. This hotel is very close to metro stops, and super easy to get a taxi from. We highly recommend The Benjamin not only for the hotel amenities, but for the very professional and friendly staff! Thanks to all of you for a great week in the big apple!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Midtown, The Benjamin offers 209 newly re-designed terrace suites, one-bedroom suites and guest rooms by Rottet Studio featuring kitchenettes and signature Benjamin Beds. Housed within the hotel is The National Bar & Dining Rooms with a menu of modern bistro dishes by Iron Chef Geoffrey Zakarian. Known best for its world-renowned Sleep Program Rest & Renew, The Benjamin features a Pillow Menu and bedtime snacks. Families enjoy Winks' Kidzzz Club with pint-sized amenities for kids to use during their stay. A private guest lounge on the second floor offers two business stations and lounge seating. The Benjamin affords quick access to Fifth Avenue's high-end boutiques, Rockefeller Center, MoMA and Central Park. Hotel Services Fee is $30 plus tax per room, per night and provides you with the following amenities: •$10 daily credit toward Geoffrey Zakarian's The National Bar & Dining Rooms* •Wireless Internet on all of your devices throughout your stay •24/7 access to our state-of-the-art fitness center outfitted by Technogym •In-room artisanal coffee and tea offerings •Unlimited business services including printing •24/7 access to our private Residence Lounge •Unlimited local and domestic long distance calls •Access to our Clef D' Or Concierge services •Package handling and storage prior to and during your stay *Must be redeemed daily. Cannot roll over. **Fee is exclusive of service gratuities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Benjamin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Benjamin Hotel New York City
- Benjamin New York City
- Benjamin Hotel New York City