“Could not have asked for a better stay”
Review of The Benjamin

The Benjamin
Ranked #95 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Columbia SC
“Could not have asked for a better stay”
Reviewed 29 June 2009

This was my first visit to NYC in 12 years and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Benjamin. The staff was extremely pleasant and attentive. The room was comfortable and spacious and the bed was great. I suggest a serious look at the pillow menu, it was really nice to have the chance to try the different options. I am sure to saty here again.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
The_Benjamin, General Manager at The Benjamin, responded to this review, 1 July 2009
Dear Captvege 1,

My name is Andrew Labetti, and I am the General Manager of the Benjamin. I am so glad that we were able to make your trip back to New York such a pleasant experience. I am so glad you enjoyed the pillow menu, and can’t wait to welcome you back during your next visit!

Kind Regards,

Andrew Labetti

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
NJ
Reviewed 27 June 2009

Stayed there for a romantic weekend with my husband. The pillow concercege was amazing and you can pick out any pillow you want. The GM Andrew Labetti is a really nice guy. He understand hospitality and how to make our stay a home away from home experience. Thanks Andrew and The Benjamin hotel for a incredible stay.
Dr. & Mrs. A

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Boston
Reviewed 27 June 2009

My family and I stayed at The Benjamin for four nights in mid June. We booked the parking package, which we thought to be a great deal! We traveled with two young children ages 6 and 8 and found the accommodations to be fantastic. We reserved a one-bedroom suite, which is very spacious and had a pull out couch - perfect for our children. Since the moment of arrival we immediately knew we had made the right choice. The doorman greeted us immediately at curb side and learned not only our names, but our children's names. This was quite impressive. Throughout the stay we found the staff to be very professional, courtious and friendly. The suite was well appointed, comfortable and very clean. They have a large selection of pillows to choose from, which was a great plus!! My favorite was the swedish memory!! The concierge team was very helpful providing guidance with children friendly restaurants and places to go. We had a wonderul experience and will definately be back!!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Dear Drewcenie 1,

My name is Andrew Labetti, I am the General Manager of the Benjamin. I am so glad to hear that you and your family had such a fantastic time while staying with us. Your experience is a perfect reflection of our standard goal here at the Benjamin. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back during your next visit to New York.

Kind Regards,

Andrew Labetti
Naples
Reviewed 27 June 2009

We bid for a Hotel on Priceline and The Benjamin excepted.
After reading some of the reviews on Tripadvisor , which were good and
some not so good this is what we think.
Wonderful Hotel, staff couldn't have been more accommodating.
On Check in Carter the Receptionist upgraded us to a large one bedroom
suite complimentary of The Benjamin. 19th floor. Out bid was only for a Guestroom type room.
Very nice touch Carter and we thank you, as it was totally unexpected. Great marketing and Customer service as we will certainly return.
Location was ideal. The things we wanted to do were all within easy reach from the Hotel.
The beds were very comfortable something that is important to us.

The Benjamin is worthy of a stay.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
indianapolis
Reviewed 25 June 2009

I have been satying at the Benjamin for many years. From the minute I get out of the cab to the minute I leave I am treated like royalty. The hotel is clean it is appointed beautifully and always being updated. From the GM Andrew Labetti down everyone is helpful and curtious. Horray for the Benjamin.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
Los Angeles
Reviewed 25 June 2009

Based on recommendations from some work colleagues, I decided to forgo the "get points" and stay some where more interesting. I travel for business about 100 nights a year and am tired of the cookie cutter hotel. It seems there is quite a range of opinions out there - but my stay was wonderful. The staff were ALL wonderful - the rooms lovely and personally I LOVE the pillow menu! How many nights I have had a miserable sleep because the hotel people thought big and fluffy looked pretty rather then what a traveler may want for a choice!! This is such a smart move on the Benjamin's part!

It is conveniently located so I could get around and be to all my meetings - worked well into the night with sumptious room service - and get my coffee and paper in the morning as I was dashing out to meet with clients. I will echo my colleagues and spread the word about this great hotel and it's welcoming aura. Coming from the west coast - I am always prepared for the typical "New York" attitude - the warmth at this hotel is exceptional.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
New Jersey
Reviewed 25 June 2009

For my fiance's birthday I planned a trip to see Cirque Du Soleil on Randall's Island. Upon planning the night I looked into hotels and chose to stay at the Benjamin! What a wonderful night we had! The concierge was so helpful in google mapping us directions to Randall's Island, and we got there without any problems, no directions, no wrong turns, it was such a pleasant drive! Upon arrival at the hotel the General Manager, Andy, was in the lobby. He introduced himself, such a professional yet down to earth man. I asked him for some suggestions for a lounge later that night to celebrate my fiance's birthday and he suggested going to Nikki Beach, which was within walking distance, approximately 5 doors down from the Benjamin. ( we ended up there with friends & had fun dancing all night long). Our room was gorgeous and had such a unique style. We returned from Cirque & found a complimentary birthday dessert, from Andy, for my fiances birthday! My fiance felt so special & I knew then & there that the attentive nature of the hotel was spectacular. Plus the dessert was fantastic!! We ordered pillows from the pillow bar. Such an awesome idea! I think we ordered 4 or 5 pillows for fun! It was like sleeping on marshmallows! At the end of our stay we wanted to walk around NYC, shop & sight see. The Benjamin was more than willing to keep my car in the garage and hold onto our luggage! Overall i HIGHLY suggest staying here. We had a wonderful stay, Thanks to Andy & his professional and endearing staff!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Dee & Rob