“Continue to love it ...”
Review of The Benjamin

The Benjamin
Ranked #87 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles
“Continue to love it ...”
Reviewed 27 August 2010

I wasn't going to write - because it all continues to be wonderful. It would be negligent of me not to recommend such a lovely place. The staff and rooms are equally lovely. The service has always been gracious and proactive. I'll go back again and again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
  • Polish first
Germany
Reviewed 26 August 2010

We booked this hotel as a highlight for two nights before returning home from a USA vacation. Got a good deal online, so we decided we would spend the extra dollars.

When we got there, we were upgraded to a suite room on the 25th floor. Excellent views, very spacious, very clean and very nicely furnished.
Equipped with large flat screen TV and Bose soundsystem.
Small kitchenette-like area.
Plush wardrobes + plenty of toiletries in bathroom.

We did not make any use of any hotel facilities, so all I can say is room and atomsphere was excellent. Staff at door was very friendly.

Location: right across from a subway station.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
The_Benjamin, General Manager at The Benjamin, responded to this review, 27 August 2010
Dear Birgtravels,

My name is Andrew Labetti, the General Manager of the Benjamin. I just wanted to thank you for all of your kind comments. I have shared your comments with my team. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Benjamin in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Andrew Labetti
Nashville, TN
Reviewed 22 August 2010

We stayed at the Benjamin during a business trip last week. It has been redone recently- looks great & is in a perfect midtown location. The rooms were spacious with kitchens equipped with a fridge & microwave. The also had a coffee little cuisinart coffemaker with good coffee all ready to go. The TV's were flat screens and the bed was uber comfortable and had the most luscious linens. There's even a 12-choice pillow menu to boot! I've never slept so well in a hotel. The bathroom was beautiful- white tile & marble floors. It was clean as a whistle which is the most important thing to me about a room. But, more than anything- the managers, concierge, front desk personnel, business services, chambermaids and bellhops were the friendliest, most courteous people I've encountered during a hotel stay in NY. Just down-to-earth nice normal people. Not one ounce of snobbiness from anyone. They were all so nice my colleague and I kept saying "really?" every time we asked anyone for anything or talked to any of them. I've stayed in a jillion hotels in my day and several in NY as I've been there for business a lot recently. This is it for me. If a hotel itself can fire on all cylinders and the entire staff can make such a positive impression for a short stay there's no need to go elsewhere. Bottom line is that they just do it right. They have their act together and you can feel the behind-the-scenes coordination ensuring their guests feel it.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Dear Big Travelin Fam,

My name is Andrew Labetti, the General Manager of the Benjamin. I just wanted to thank you for all of your glowing remarks. I am so glad that you got the perfect Benjamin experience that we pride ourselves on. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Benjamin in the near future, and being your New York home.

Kind Regards,

Andrew Labetti
Reviewed 21 August 2010

What's wrong with this hotel... Absolutely nothing. This place was perfect top to bottom. The room was spotless and huge. The staff was fantastic especially Mohammed the door man. What are you waiting for ?Book your room now. Request room 911.

Kareem

• Stayed August 2010
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
Reviewed 20 August 2010

I actually booked this location due to trip advisor ratings and the fact that the General Manager of this hotel responds to negative reviews with his comments and/or solutions. I usually stay at the Ritz in battery Park when I visit Manhattan in the summer, but decided to switch it up this year mainly because we wanted something closer to Midtown rather than being at the southern tip of Manhattan with the Ritz. I booked a one bedroom deluxe suite and I was on the 24th floor (room 2403 I think) There are actually only 3 rooms on this floor so it is very quiet. I never had a problem with the noise from the traffic on the streets but that may have been because I was on a higher floor. The room was spotless and had an extra large wraparound balcony. I think I remember that it was 550 sq feet, 1 bedroom, one living room, and one bathroom, and even a small kitchen area with a mini fridge, microwave, and sink. Front desk staff and the door guys were great and very attentive. Bed was very comfortable and the A/C worked great in the bedroom but not in the livingroom, but it wasn't something major that I called downstairs to ask for a different room. 4.5 out of 5

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank GP024
Bourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2010

I stayed here with a colleague in March. What a hotel! right in the city centre over the road from the Waldorf Astoria, The Benjamin is a wonderful hotel. The staff are super, the rooms are fabulous and the service was excellent. I particularly enjoyed the 'pillow menu' and their 'Swedish Pillow'.

If I go back to NY soon, I would stay here again. It's luxury at an affordable price.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Long Island City, New York
Reviewed 10 August 2010

We recently stayed at The Benjamin Hotel in New York City. Our stay there was carefree. The Benjamin was convient for our needs. Service was excellent, room was clean and spacious, and I got the best nights sleep in one of the most comfortable beds. There are wonderful restaurants around the area, Sarabeth's was wonderful. I highly recommend staying there be it for business or pleasure.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple