414 Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
Skyline Hotel(New York City)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Belvedere Hotel(New York City)
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
Pod Times Square(New York City)
Elk Hotel(New York City)
1,481 results
All reviewsrestaurant rowother guestsno elevatorwine and cheesesusan and andrewdaily newsletterbreakfast and happy hournew yorktimes squarehell's kitchenbed and breakfastquiet streethome away from homebagelsthe theater districtfelt like homenice breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stayed for 2 nights in January and I loved it. I will try to stay here again. The location is perfect, close to Times Square but still in a quiet neighborhood setting. There are tons of restaurants and cafe's very close. In fact, 46th street is called "Restaurant Row". The lobby is stylish with a cozy fireplace and seating. Between 5-7 there is free wine and cheese guests. The free breakfast is very nice (pastries, fruit, cereal). And if you want something healthier there is a nice juice bar around the corner. The room is large (by NYC standards). Free wifi. There are 22 rooms. Some in the first brownstone type building. Then there is a courtyard in between (for guests to enjoy) then a second building with a few more rooms. I was in Room 402 which is very quiet. Friends were in Room 404 which they said was loud as it was on the street side. Note: there are no elevators if stairs are an issue for you.
I thought this was a welcome change for the typical large chain hotels I have stayed at in NYC. Loved it.
If you drive, be careful of parking. My friend had her car towed from in front of the hotel since she read the signs wrong. The hotel offers a discount at the garage on 45th street. I think they said it was $35 a day.
The staff was excellent. Helpful when booking. Helpful at check in. And even helpful when the car was towed. Thank you!

Room Tip: Room 402 is very quiet. Room 404 is noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ACMC75
414Hotel, Manager at 414 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you for this glowing feedback, and I'm delighted that you chose to stay with us and had such a great experience here. We do our best to make you feel at home, and it's always extremely rewarding to hear that we've succeeded. I'm very sorry about your friend's car, and I'm glad the staff was helpful in that situation. I hope you'll consider staying with us again when you're next in the city -- we'd all love to welcome you back!

Best,

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Stayed 5 nights in January. Staff very friendly and helpful. Location amazing, 5minutes walk to time square, loads of restaurants/take-aways close by. (Be careful when ordering take away pizza they are massive!!)
Hotel is very clean and free breakfast gives you a good start.
We stayed in room 406, no lift but only 3 short flights of stairs and worth it cause room is slightly bigger.
Felt very safe in the hotel and walking to/from it.
HIGHLY recommend this hotel (so much so this is the first time I have wrote on trip advisor!!)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank patricia B
414Hotel, Manager at 414 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Your recommendation is extremely valuable to us, Patricia, and I can't thank you enough for taking the time to share it! I'm very glad that your stay here was such a success, (especially since it was your honeymoon!) and that you took full advantage of the great location and the amenities. We hope you'll think of us when you're planning your next trip to NYC; we'd love to have you back and we are honored to be your first ever TripAdvisor review. Regards to Andrew and thanks again.

All the best,

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I stood in this hotel for a week a few years ago, and while planning to spend New Years' Eve at NYC, decided that I wanted to stay in the hotel once again, and I was not disappointed. The hotel offers everything you can imagine, from a good location a staff that, beyond friendly, helps you in every need. As a person who enjoyed the discounts offered in this time of the year, I had several boxes sent to the hotel, and everything arrived and was delivered without any problem (as opposed to what happens in big hotels). Also, the cozy atmosphere offered by the small (but not suffocating) property is a great plus when comparing to other hotels in NY. Breakfast is also a nice addition, but if you feel you want to eat something differently, there are plenty of options within a few steps.

Would definitely stay here for a third time!!!

Room Tip: Try the rooms in the lower floors. Room 103 is big and cozy.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Stayed here for a long weekend in mid-December. Very pleased. Couldn't be more convenient to many good restaurants, very friendly staff and good continental breakfast. Small kitchen was a bit crowded at times, but that was the only negative. Stayed in the back building away from street noise. Rooms small but that's to be expected, and they were fine with large bathroom. Very happy and will stay again when we go back before Christmas next year.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Just returned from a wonderful week in New York...made even better by our stay at the cozy boutique Hotel 414!!
The location is fabulous ...on restaurant row, close to theater district, Time Square and easy access to subway station.
There is a warm homely feel as you walk in ...fireplace, Christmas tree, large family style dining table. The staff are friendly and very accommodating.
The rooms are spacious and tidy and the bed was very comfortable!
An added bonus is that complimentary continental breakfast served every morning.
I felt very much "at home" at tis hotel and I would definitely stay here again!!!

Room Tip: No elevator so if stairs are in issue ask for a ground floor room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shana S

It's always our aim to make you feel at home, Shana, and I'm thrilled to know that you did! Thank you for sharing this excellent feedback, and for choosing to stay with us during your visit. We hope you'll keep us in mind for your next New York trip, and we promise to keep things cozy and welcoming for you!

All the best,