“Convenience pays off big time!”
Review of 414 Hotel

414 Hotel
Ranked #2 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We needed a hotel close to Foxwoods Theatre where my daughter was taking a workshop for Drama teachers. Initially there were three of us going on the trip, then four.I had to phone the hotel to make the booking to see what kind of rooms we could get and again when we added another person. From the moment of my first contact I knew this was the place to stay. Susan, Jacqueline and Maria made you feel like your trip was important to them and and helped us with any request big or small. I needed distilled water for a CPAP machine; waiting for me in my room. My sister didn't feel well one day, order a delivery of chicken soup from the diner on the corner? No Problem! Beds are comfy, bathrooms clean and modern, so close to all the theatres, restaurants and shopping we walked everywhere unless we were tired. Just a super place to stay, morning breakfast simple but good, wine and cheese in the evening every night if you have time! Rooms look just like the pictures on the website. Our room faced the front street and we fell asleep easily, not too much street noise. I would stay here again definitely if I am ever back in New York!

Room Tip: There is no elevator so if you can't do stairs make sure to mention that. They help you with you...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 July 2014

If you're like me and saw the photos of this hotel online, hoping they'd live up to half of your expectations, you'll be glad to know that they fully exceeded mine. I travel to NYC a lot for work and found that one of the hardest parts is not feeling like you have a home to come back to after a long hard day. But not at 414 Hotel. They went out of their way to make sure I always felt comfortable and well taken care of. Every evening a staff member was there to greet me and offer me a glass of wine and cheese and guide me to the patio area where I could relax and unwind. It was remarkable how cozy this place could feel in the middle of the hustle and bustle of Hell's Kitchen, so close to Times Square and the Theater District. Not only was I able to get a very restful sleep in my surprisingly spacious room in the back, but there was always breakfast waiting downstairs when I woke up so I'd be ready for the day. The staff and guests were all friendly and polite, making my stay even more enjoyable. Susan and her staff go out of their way to make sure you are happy and comfortable. It felt like a family. I am already looking forward to my next stay. Thank you for such wonderful hospitality!

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank annaSFeditor
Reviewed 12 July 2014

It feels like we just spent 3 days at a friend's beautiful town home...Susan and her crew really know how to do it right...from walking in the door and being greeted with a cool towel on a hot summer's day until the moment we checked out, we were spoiled by everything about this place...great food and drink, great conversations with the staff and other guests, great guest rooms, great location, great everything....a welcome change from anyplace we'd ever stayed at.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BobnVikki
Reviewed 11 July 2014

A perfect gem in the middle of a harsh city. Susan and Andrew are the perfect hosts. The beds are super comfy, towels super fluffy and the room was perfect. Although we did not stay for the Happy Hour which featured cheeses and wines, we could tell that everything was put together with love. It was our anniversary and upon returning to our room after a show, there was a handwritten note congratulating us and a bottle of champagne in the fridge. How fabulous is that?
Susan, Andrew and their staff did everything right and we felt like we were home. A wonderful, unpretentious place. Close to all restaurants and Times Square. A very quiet residential street. We couldnt have stayed at a better place.

Thank you Susan, Andrew and Staff.

We will DEFINITELY be back

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My father and I traveled over the July 4th weekend. I booked this hotel over the phone. We stayed in the Premiere Queen room overlooking the courtyard. The location is superb. It's a short walk to central park, times square, and the theatre district. There are many subway stations close, allowing full access to the rest of the city. Some of the reviews complained of the noise from the air conditioning units. I didn't find this to be distracting at all. They are window units, and the noise level is no different than that of my own bedroom at home. Susan definitely lives up to the reviews on here. She is gracious, courteous, and very welcoming. The hotel is well appointed. Even though it was listed as a boutique hotel I found the rooms to be quite spacious. My father and I have traveled to Europe and stayed in boutique hotels that were barely larger than a shoebox. The bathroom was large, and the provided toiletries were nicely fragranced.

The only issue that we ran into was the price. I was quoted a much lower price on the phone than I was actually charged. The hotel never sent me a confirmation email, so I had no proof of this. The gentleman at the desk quickly honored the price I was quoted, and corrected the problem. I was completely blown away at how gracious and accommodating they were. I will definitely be staying here the next time I return to the city.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the 414 for four nights in June at the start of our US summer tour. We had struggled to find a hotel that had a good location, was reasonably priced and included breakfast - however the 414 had all of these. A 10 minute walk from Times Square, 5th Avenue and Central Park - located on a quiet residential street within a few minutes walk from some nice restaurants and the subway.

The room was in the 4th floor (no lift unfortunately, but you soon get used to that) - simple, well maintained and had aircon. There is free wifi throughout the hotel too.

Susan - who I believe is either the owner or Manager is awesome - she's very friendly and welcoming and is full of local NYC knowledge and gave us some great tips on places to eat, transport and things to see and do.

A lovey little find that I would definitely recommend

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank J V
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Perfect location, walking distance from Time Square. It's very enjoyable to be able to walk to your hotel after a feast of musical at Broadway, and the perfect location of 414 hotel enabled it for us. The room is clean and cozy.
Very friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple