“Tasty Thai”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I am not any kind of expert in Thai food, and this place is in my 'hood. But they have a very reasonable and flavorful lunch menu, and the place is near the High Line, a popular destination in Manhattan. My late husband and I always had good service, as I continue to experience as a single person now.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

This was a great find close to our hotel in Chelsea. I think we ate here at least four times during our two week stay in New York. The Happy Hour prices were great and I thought they had a nice selection of white wine. The food was excellent. Very fresh and tasty. Everything was delicious. And it is well priced too. The service was excellent. I looking forward to eating there again next time I am in New York.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

Since a couple of years our favorite neighborhood Thai. We love the Duck salad (enough for a main course) and the other duck dishes like the Lemongrass Duck, Great starters are Curry Puffs and the Chicken Satay. Great noodle dishes as well. Excellent staff, and even after 7.00pm they charge happy hour prices for beer an wine.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Honestly, don't bother. The food is very mediocre, the service is so so.

You'd think, being the only customers we'd get decent service. Soup came without a serving spoon, two of the soup bowls were dirty and the third was chipped. When I asked for clean bowls it took almost five minutes to bring clean ones. The flavour of the coconut soup was weak and the chicken pieces were dry and oddly shaped, as though they were left over from something else.

Pad Thai--very gluey noodles and again, a lack of the wonderful burst of fresh flavours we associate with good Thai food. One more dish, so forgettable it's already forgotten.

Why would anyone like this place?

Reviewed 27 February 2013

This is a great neighborhood place when you get that craving for Thai food, or even if you don't! In my visit to NYC, I dined here twice. The first time I was just walking around Chelsea looking for a place that looked interesting. The second time I ate there because the first time was so great!

The place isn't very big, but the decor is urban and hip. Although the menu choices are your standard Thai fare, the food is tasty and the ingredients fresh. The prices are surprisingly reasonable for New York, and the portions are enough for leftovers. Try the Drunken Noodles, Panang Curry or the Pad Gra Prow, all delicious and all are authentic.

And the one thing that can make or break a restaurant, the service, is absolutely extraordinary.

You can't go wrong. You'll love this place.