“An Absolutely Incredible Day - Cliff Strome is the Best”

Custom & Private New York Tours Inc
Ranked #21 of 673 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Providing memorable, engaging, fun and informative tour experiences in New York City is our passion. By targeting our guest's interests, preferences and whims by collaborating with them enables us to create perfect tour itineraries. Every tour focuses on our guest's specific desires ensuring that everyone will enjoy experiences on the highest level of satisfaction due to our fastidious attention to detail. An experienced, enthusiastic and informative licensed New York City guide will meet you and yours at the time and place you wish together with a chauffeured luxury vehicle, sized to accommodate your group. You will be captured by an entertaining presentation of "the story" at each site as well as sites along the way in the most entertaining and amusing way. We stimulate conversation and questions providing informative answers within a social and cordial atmosphere. Whether you are planning a first visit with friends and family, an anniversary celebration, a corporate event, a college candidate's orientation or any special occasion, even a marriage proposal, we create the perfect experience delivering outcomes beyond your expectations. Accommodating those with special needs such as walking challenges is never a problem for us navigating to minimizing walking. Our staff of licensed New York City guides speak over fourteen languages enabling us to embrace a global audience and fill the needs of those who prefer tours conducted in their native language. Let's plan your tour built around you topical (architecture, history, famous people, neighborhoods, etc.) interests as well as your site requests. We ensure that your time with Custom & Private will enable you to take home a piece of The Big Apple in your head and heart as well. Thank you!
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Cliff Strome of Custom and Private Tours surprised our party of seasoned travels with a thoughtfully planned and well executed tour of sites in which we had expressed interest. He also took us to places of which we were unaware. We loved it all and voted it was the highlight of our trip. The transportation was 1st class and Cliff was not only knowledgeable but extremely personable. He will be my 1st call when I book my next trip to NYC.
Syl

3  Thank Sylvia B
Custom_and_Private, Manager at Custom & Private New York Tours Inc, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thanks so much for your review. If you can think of anything that could have been better please let me know. As a licensed New York City private guide I take great pride in showing my city to my friends and guests that I passionately want to be the one to show all my guests how truly terrific this place is. New York City is better than it's ever been and I'm sure you'll agree.
Come back in a few years because what's comin' is going to make it even better, lots.
Best regards,

in 9 reviews
"top of the rock"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Booked a trip to NYC to get married on May 23. We had our parents who are in their senior years and two kids (ages 8 & 12). I had initially thought about us all hoping on the double decker city tourist bus at some point during our stay but I couldn't imagine all 8 of us getting seats together, wearing the ear plugs, potentially getting rained on at the top of the bus, sitting beside unsavoury characters and spending $190 per person to not have control over our special time together. Then I thought about a private tour. I googled NYC private tours and Cliff pops up as the #1 guy. I call and book a tour. Cliff wanted details about who we were, what we wanted to see etc, he truly wanted to make our experience special and customized to our wants/needs. We booked for Saturday morning at 8am (Cliff recommended this as there was the least amount of traffic). He arrived with a driver and a Mercedes van for us. Top notch! We then went on a 4+ hour tour around Manhattan and into Brooklyn. It was so great to have Cliff tell us stories, and experiences that we would never have gotten on a regular public tour. Our driver Mike was so nice and courteous. The whole experience was a treat. My parents couldn't say enough how much they enjoyed the experience. My kids never once asked for an iPad or iPhone to play on! You have to be good to keep the kids interested for 4 hours! I have no issue recommending this to anyone. Thanks Cliff! Sincerely, Chris from Toronto

4  Thank Chris F

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. So glad that I was able to be a part of your big celebration. We did so much and all of you guys had fun too, and across three generations, that's
a very good thing.
Wishing you my sincere congratulations and many safe and pleasant journeys for many years to come. "You'll come back now, you hear!"
Best regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I don't believe our group could have had any better guide than Cliff Strome! Cliff was knowledgeable, entertaining, personable, humorous, alert to our surroundings, and knew alternate routes to take when necessary due to traffic issues. The travel accommodations were first class as well as Trevor, our driver for the tour. Without hesitation, I would recommend Cliff to anyone considering a tour of NYC. He certainly made a favorable impression on our group and we walked away feeling good about the whole experience!

2  Thank Nancy N
Custom_and_Private, Manager at Custom & Private New York Tours Inc, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Great review, even if I say so myself. Trevor loves when
I tell him that he's mentioned in TripAdvisor reviews, Hey,
without a chauffeur who is more than just a chauffeur it
just wouldn't be possible to provide such wonderful tour
experiences for "our" guests.
Thanks again!!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

My six girl friends and I have been to NYC several times, but have never taken a tour of the city. We didn't want the typical bus tour, and were referred to Cliff Strome of Custom & Private Tours by the concierge at our hotel. (Note: we called the concierge, then arranged the 5-hour tour before our trip to NYC.) Wow - did we ever get this one right! Having previously been a NYC school teacher (among other interesting vocations), Cliff has a great deal of knowledge, plus that innate curiosity for continual learning, which teachers seem to possess. That makes for some very interesting historical - and current - facts and details to share with his guests! The Mercedes van was so incredibly comfortable with great viewing capability, and our driver, Trevor, was exceptional. We've already talked about taking another tour with Cliff the next time we visit NYC!

2  Thank Good_Deal_Traveler
Custom_and_Private, Manager at Custom & Private New York Tours Inc, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

OMG! Could there have been a better group
of ladies to enjoy the time we spent together?
That's a definite NO!!!
So much fun and you all learned a lot!! Thank
you all for perhaps the most memorable tour
ever!!!